Disney to buy Twitter?

I'm interested to see how and why Disney would do this...

Maybe it has something to do with Twitter showing CBS and NFL Network live streams of the NFL Thursday Night Football games? If Disney were to buy Twitter I'd be willing to bet that ESPN may be shown on there as a live stream option. That, in turn, would mean more advertising dollars coming from ESPN, since people are cord cutting and showing ESPN the door. Just a thought though.

Maybe it has something to do with Twitter showing CBS and NFL Network live streams of the NFL Thursday Night Football games? If Disney were to buy Twitter I'd be willing to bet that ESPN may be shown on there as a live stream option. That, in turn, would mean more advertising dollars coming from ESPN, since people are cord cutting and showing ESPN the door. Just a thought though.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Twitter has begun streaming all sorts of things from NFL games to Presidential debates. This would help them in their BAM tech investments and finding a future for ESPN.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Twitter has begun streaming all sorts of things from NFL games to Presidential debates. This would help them in their BAM tech investments and finding a future for ESPN.

I almost guarantee you that's exactly why they are considering this bid. It makes perfect sense for them to get more of their products streamed and twitter is huge.

That does make a lot of sense

This would be a disaster - Twitter still hasn't made a dollar...ever...it's a huge money suck...only a patsy would buy this for anything more than bankruptcy prices...http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/21/technology/twitter-10th-anniversary/

It doesn't matter to a company like Disney that it hasn't made money yet. The fact they can stream Monday Night Football and other sports programs will make it worth it for them. Also the ad business for their in house TV/Movie's would make it worth it.

If any companies can find out how to make money on Twitter it's Google and Disney.

It doesn't matter to a company like Disney that it hasn't made money yet. The fact they can stream Monday Night Football and other sports programs will make it worth it for them. Also the ad business for their in house TV/Movie's would make it worth it.

If any companies can find out how to make money on Twitter it's Google and Disney.

This has AOL-Time Warner written all over it, except in reverse...

Disney is notoriously awful in tech...questionable in expanding media...

This would be a disaster - Twitter still hasn't made a dollar...ever...it's a huge money suck...only a patsy would buy this for anything more than bankruptcy prices...http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/21/technology/twitter-10th-anniversary/

It's not about making money from Twitter it's the technology to stream things and just the news, opinions, etc that pass through there - I mean, somethings that gathers info to tell what is trending by category and stuff like that would be big for Disneybas well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter