Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some of you care so much about if the discussion is allowed or not? Shouldn’t that be for the moderators to decide? No one on here is the moral police, if you don’t like something or don’t agree with it don’t do it. Going around on the internet trying to convince others to think like you do will never work, and just makes people dig in their heels. Human nature. It comes across as matronly school marms scolding unruly kids as I’m reading and following along, and seems petty. We all do things someone else won’t agree with at some point in our lives!
Well, this thread has been locked twice before because some don't like discussion as they feel it promotes "unsavory" Disney practices and fear others will catch on and begin said "unsavory" practices. The discussion has been informative, in spite of the attempts of others to shut down the thread. And I agree, let the moderators decide to keep a thread open or not based on Dis rules; not shut down by forcing the moderator into a corner by intentionally derailing a thread. People want others to play by Disney's rules as they see them, but see no issue in NOT playing by Dis board rules and purposely trying to shut down threads?

Well, this thread has been locked twice before because some don't like discussion as they feel it promotes "unsavory" Disney practices

Well, it got locked because some of us (me included, to be perfectly honest) started talking about shrimp scampi. Mostly because there was nothing substantiated at the time and a bunch of interested FP strategists were in the thread wanting to know what was happening to our beloved EOWO strategy. Poor @rteetz had to delete many pages of irrelevant and strange banter. (sorry for the part I played, @rteetz ).

Just did a quick check for a room starting May1st and there are no values or moderates available....so the resorts are pretty full and they can all start making their fp's today.

There’s a big cheerleading event at the beginning of May- has more effect on resort availability than FP availability. I had trouble getting my dates for a deluxe 5/3-5/7 months ago.

I’m hoping to see lower crowds. I’ve never gotten to go during what “might be” lower crowd levels and I’d sure like to see what it feels like not being shoulder to shoulder all the time.

There’s a big cheerleading event at the beginning of May- has more effect on resort availability than FP availability. I had trouble getting my dates for a deluxe 5/2-5/7 months ago.
I saw that too and also had limited choices months ago.

And all those cheerleaders don't get to make fastpasses ahead of time, right? I know my sister always has to go pick up her tickets at the beginning of the weekend and can then start making fastpasses.
Sometimes groups are let in early and ride a headliner...........and depart a few minutes before rope drop. I have seen at DHS for sure. That helps keep everybody happy.

Despite any of the "strategies" discussed here, it still might be possible that they may not work as intended in the future. I believe anyone using them might end up very disappointed before their trip....

Exactly why I don’t engage in that sort of thing. Ethics aside, I seem to have a fast track to getting caught.:crazy:

And all those cheerleaders don't get to make fastpasses ahead of time, right? I know my sister always has to go pick up her tickets at the beginning of the weekend and can then start making fastpasses.
It depends on the package and person in charge. My friends daughter and their family went to one. I tried explaining the FP+ system to them, and they had tickets already assigned, but they didn’t bother figuring it out. Afterwards they said any future trips would involve figuring it all out beforehand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter