Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a 2 day grace period to allow for changes.
what good does a two day grace period do if you have to cancel part of a split stay? I currently have an 8 day trip planned. 3 at YC then 5 at CB. If I make FP at 60days from the YC stay and then have to cancel and only do the 5 days at CB what happens? And what good is a 2 day grace period if I have to cancel?

what good does a two day grace period do if you have to cancel part of a split stay? I currently have an 8 day trip planned. 3 at YC then 5 at CB. If I make FP at 60days from the YC stay and then have to cancel and only do the 5 days at CB what happens? And what good is a 2 day grace period if I have to cancel?
The grace period is for those that are making changes. I didn’t say it had anything to do with cancelling a split stay.

My head is spinning trying to keep all the loopholes straight. Who knew there were so many? :teacher:

You got the book and cancel after 30 days to stay offsite

Also book a cheap(ha!) Disney campsite for one night to get the rolling 60 day FP dates

Then the kinda loophole but maybe not.. of booking early and modifying after FP booked or booking split stay then canceling the first part.

Did I miss any?

As someone who loves camping at FW, I would love to see them implement a 3-night minimum at the resort. The average true camper is not going to set up all their stuff and leave after only a night. And the biggest abuse of this is at the cheapest campsites (tent sites). For those who don’t know there are 4 different levels of sites and the premium sites can go for $200ish a night at times. The cheapest sites are $100ish, sometimes less. $100 for magic bands and free parking isn’t a bad deal for someone who doesn’t actually stay there. Tack on a 3 night minimum and you could be looking at $300! That should start to discourage anyone who isn’t truly interested in camping.

I also understand that a booking is a booking whether at a value hotel or a campsite. But with 5 “value” hotels there are what close to 4000 rooms available? Compared to maybe 200 basic campsites?! Either way, I hope this is one step closer to fixing the problem!

Well I guess I’ll find out.
We just decided to move off sight because another person is coming with us. I haven’t finalized our off sight room yet so I haven’t cancelled our Disney room.
We have fast passes booked and I won’t mind rebooking since we are moving off property but I’m concerned about when they will be dropped. I’d rather they be dropped sooner than later.
Not sure of the best way to handle things to get things straight so I can rebook on the rolling 30 day window.

We are currently about a week from the thirty day window.

I know this has probably been talked about, but I wonder what will happen if my wait list comes in as a DVC owner.

Is this only if she cancels her first stay after 2/4? Or could she drop the first stay now and keep those FP?
We aren’t really sure as far as I know. You might be safe cancelling today or tomorrow to avoid it but Disney could also still do it on the 4th.

When an onsite stay opens the FP booking window (at 60 days), as of right now, you can book FPs for any profile in your MDE or any profile you are friends with (as long as you have someone in the room within the FP party). Basically, it opens the window for everyone within your MDE, room or not.
This didn’t work in October for me. It was locked to those registered on my room. So maybe they are in process of rolling it out. It specifically said I had X number of people I could select to make fast passes for.

We aren’t really sure as far as I know. You might be safe cancelling today or tomorrow to avoid it but Disney could also still do it on the 4th.

Sounds like she found the next loophole, reserving a room before your actual stay in order to book the fp earlier, sigh.

Is this only if she cancels her first stay after 2/4? Or could she drop the first stay now and keep those FP?
Did she say she wanted to drop anything?

And anyway, she has 2 onsite reservations and 2 associated FP windows: 1 for YC and 1 for CB. Her first window, congruent to window#2, doesn’t wipe out window#2 if it’s canceled.

If you think of these windows as simple math equations, you can then determine what gets poofed.

I’m still trying to figure out why someone would move from a Deluxe to a Moderate. ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like she found the next loophole, reserving a room before your actual stay in order to book the fp earlier, sigh.
I wasn’t trying to. We booked a split stay specifically because the first 3 days are up in the air depending on when our school district decides to make up bad weather days. We knew there was a possibility of not being able to come until the CBR stay and didn’t want to risk losing the discount we had by having to cancel and rebook. So I THOUGHT I was doing the smart thing by making it a split stay, but now if we do have to cancel those first 3 days and that results In Disney canceling all of the FPs including the ones for the CB stay,we are up a creek.

This is one specific scenario, but they’re are many involving split stays, DVC etc. where a front portion of a trip may have to be altered or canceled.

Disboard's overall "vibe" seems to be that umbrella is intended (at least in the FP threads). But yeah, I have to wonder... I spent some time looking for mention of it on Disney's website and no luck. I've used the umbrella, but after reading about these changes coming, I am starting to think "the umbrella" was never intended to work the way it works (like almost all of MDE). This new policy sounds like it will definitely impact any umbrella'd FPs.

Umbrello delenda est?

Personally, I think umbrella veni, vidi, vinces. But my Latin is a little rusty.

I’m still trying to figure out why someone would move from a Deluxe to a Moderate. ;)
Very good question. Lol we were originally doing all CB because my family is pirate crazy and has been waiting patiently for the construction to end. But our youngest is at the PERFECT age for SAB so I wanted to sneak a few days in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter