Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are here now and MDE has been a big pile of garbage. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are doing some update. Or someone sneezed on it the wrong way.

I literally can’t do anything in the app or online. We need to cancel an ADR for tomorrow and I had to call to do it. Constantly waiting as it says it is signing me in. But constantly getting logged out.

Showing only one person has a FP when all five of us do.

Didn’t help we went to HS today and TSMM only had one track working all morning and ToT only had part of the ride working most of the day too. Oh, and I went into Backlot to grab a drink and fries for a snack. Only half of the registers manned and lines were easily five ordering parties deep.

Rant over.

Well, we are here now and MDE has been a big pile of garbage. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are doing some update. Or someone sneezed on it the wrong way.

I literally can’t do anything in the app or online. We need to cancel an ADR for tomorrow and I had to call to do it. Constantly waiting as it says it is signing me in. But constantly getting logged out.

Showing only one person has a FP when all five of us do.

Didn’t help we went to HS today and TSMM only had one track working all morning and ToT only had part of the ride working most of the day too. Oh, and I went into Backlot to grab a drink and fries for a snack. Only half of the registers manned and lines were easily five ordering parties deep.

Rant over.
Send WDW a pleasant and detailed report of your experience. They may very well do something for you on a future trip. We have done so in the past and they went the extra mile for us.

Hence why I still have the OP listed as a rumor.
I can confirm that this is true. I found a better AP rate this morning for one of my rooms that I had booked for March. I’m doing a split stay and found standard view WL vs nature view WL, so I cancelled nature and booked the new standard view room instead. When I cancelled my more expensive room online, I received a warning message that “all fast passes associated with this reservation will be cancelled”. I had already booked the new reservation, plus I had another reservation for the first part of my trip at AKL, so none of my fast passes cancelled as of yet. Hopefully they won’t get messed up once the refund is processed.

I can confirm that this is true. I found a better AP rate this morning for one of my rooms that I had booked for March. I’m doing a split stay and found standard view WL vs nature view WL, so I cancelled nature and booked the new standard view room instead. When I cancelled my more expensive room online, I received a warning message that “all fast passes associated with this reservation will be cancelled”. I had already booked the new reservation, plus I had another reservation for the first part of my trip at AKL, so none of my fast passes cancelled as of yet. Hopefully they won’t get messed up once the refund is processed.
Thanks for the update!

I got that same message about 3 months ago when I cancelled a Disney reservation because I got a better agency only rate. I dont think the message is new...or are least not today new.

I got that same message about 3 months ago when I cancelled a Disney reservation because I got a better agency only rate. I dont think the message is new...or are least not today new.

I’ve gotten the same cancellation message twice before when I cancelled a room only reservation, once before in October 2017 (yes, 2017!) and then once again in November 2018. I remember disntinctly because I was freaked out when I saw it. The message is most definitely not new, but I don’t know that everyone has been getting it or perhaps not noticing it. Both times I made a different resort reservation for the same dates and the FPs remained intact in my account. They were not cancelled.

I’ve gotten the same cancellation message twice before when I cancelled a room only reservation, once before in October 2017 (yes, 2017!) and then once again in November 2018. The message is most definitely not new, but I don’t know that everyone has been getting it or perhaps not noticing it. Both times I made a different resort reservation for the same dates and the FPs remained in tact in my account. They were not cancelled.
I think they made this message to cover when people cancel rooms with ticket packages.

The advanced planning is getting to be too much. T-11 months, book the DVC reservation. T-180 days, make ADRs. T-60 days secure FPs. Park tickets that have to have a starting date declared on the day you purchase them.

Very little room for flexibility or last-minute changes.

One of these days, I’m just going to find killer airfares, book whatever DVC has available, eat wherever it suits me at the moment and not where I thought we would want to be 6 months beforehand, and go to whatever park the next bus takes me to. Now THAT sounds like a real vacation to me!
We feel exactly the same! We 1st started going, 35+ years ago you didn't have to worry about making your plans so far in advance. ADRs, FPs etc. didn't even exist. The big room on the backside of spaceship Earth had phones and video screens that you want up to you to make dinner reservations for that day! It made the experience much more enjoyable and an awful lot less stressful.

Nowadays to get the reservations you want for anything you have to plan it out like a military maneuver. Call at the exact time on the correct day and hope you get thru to make the reservations before somebody else does! It certainly not fun nor enjoyable. After you get there it's the same thing, you have to allow a long like the time to make sure you are where you need to be on time for any given reservation.

I know Disney doesn't care because they are raking in the money but it's unfortunate that the people that now fight these battles don't realize how enjoyable in stress-free used to be.

I never understood the purpose of canceling and rebooking a room. When ever I book a trip I don't keep checking for better deals once I have booked something. I look for the best deal at the time and take it. I don't so the point in going through the hassle in canceling a room then rebooking something else.

Seriously? I check rooms, airfare (we fly southwest) and rental car prices on a regular if not daily basis looking for better deals.

What kind of jobs do some of you have that let you book vacation time more then 6 months advance at a time. My job lets people book in 4 to 6 months intervals.

I have never booked any vacation a year out. I save up the money for it that long in advance but don't physically book anything til close to 3 or 4 months ahead of time.

We are retired. My DH books some of his scuba trips over 2 years out.

Have you ever seen the warning inside of the 30-day mark with room-only?

Unfortunately, I’ve only ever cancelled twice and it was closer to the 60 day mark. Both times I have gotten that warning. I’ve never cancelled a reservation inside the 30 day mark. However, when I got the warning there was a little exclamation point that gave you more information that said you wouldn’t have FPs cancelled inside the 30 day mark (I clicked on it for more info). That was what I observed with the 2017 cancellation so who knows if it is the same now.

Just repeating everyone else, but this warning below is not new and has always been there regardless if it’s a package or room only reservation. The warning technically only applies for packages as when you cancel a package, you cancel the tickets that FPs need to exist (under the current setup), and any FPs will eventually be deleted (unless replacement ticket media is soon added). This false warning for room only cancellations has been causing confusion/angst for awhile now.

Screen shot is about a year old.
Cancellation Screen.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter