Disney To Cruise To MCO

Rigby

Mouseketeer
Hi. We’ll be going on the Wish in March and we need transportation for 4 from WDW to the cruise and then a trip to the airport after the cruise. Does anyone recommend any car service over another? Seems like a lot of options. Thanks!

Why not use the Disney buses? That way you don't need to set a port arrival time and you would probably
get a good boarding number. We have gone back to Disney transportation since they have started picking
up earlier at the resorts and getting you to the port a LOT earlier than they used to.
The last few times we used Disney we were picked up around 9-9:30 and at the port around 10:30-11 then
had a boarding number 3-4.
Prior to the pandemic when using Disney from WDW to the port we might not get picked up until 12:30-1:30.
That is when we started using private transportation. Since the pandemic we found out Disney was picking up a lot earlier so we started using them again. And I think it might be because there is no more Magical Express so the buses are more available. The buses for the airport leave around 8:30-9:00 that we used.

However, when we do use private transportation we use Access Line Transportation. They have fairly new
vehicles and are very clean. Have had very friendly drivers and no problems.

https://altransportation.com/

Rent a car. It is so much easier.

We come in a day early and rent a car. Get a room at DVC, then drive to the port. Having your own car is so much easier and saves HOURS of your time. At this point being able to save 5-6 over a 4-6 day trip because I have a car is well worth the cost of the car $275, Tolls $30, parking $76, and gas $30. ($411 well spent)

I think the convenience factor depends on the timing of your flights and if you plan to go to WDW before or after the cruise and to some degree how much luggage you have and how many children.

Sailing from PC, we usually fly down the evening before and stay at the Hyatt inside MCO. I haven't done this since pre-covid but they used to offer to retrieve your luggage from baggage claim for like $10 and bring it to your room. They‘d handle your luggage the next day if you take DCL transfers and get your bags onto transfers trucks. With private transfers we wait with our bags at the outdoor pick up area and our driver deals with our bags.

If you fly in early in the day, there’s no point in sitting around the airport. I’d want to stay somewhere else closer to fun things to do.

A rental car gives you freedom but I wouldn't call it convenient to have to cram bags yourself and make sure it’s big enough to hold all your luggage, possibly a stroller, etc. For me it’s not a timesaver compared to having someone pick us up when we want. If you keep the car at PC, you have to pay to park it there or make it a one way rental which means hauling all your bags onto the shuttle of the rental car company in PC.

For post cruise, we usually have a noon flight home. Our driver is waiting for us when we exit customs and we hop in, he loads our bags and get dropped off at the terminal.

We have tried it every which way you can and in general what is cheapest way is the least convenient. The most convenient is usually most expensive. The less we have to haul our luggage, the happier we are, especially on a 7-nt cruise.

ETA: oops! Just read OP is staying at WDW pre cruise. Ignore parts about staying at the Hyatt.

Last edited:
Have done it all ways. Most recently stayed at the resort and used DCL transportation from the resort. Upcoming cruise we will spend the night at the Hyatt MCO, take DCL transportation to the port. When we return we will take DCL transportation to our resort. Haven't decided how to get to the airport from our resort but, though it can be pricey, I am thinking uber will be the easiest.

If you keep the car at PC, you have to pay to park it there or make it a one way rental which means hauling all your bags onto the shuttle of the rental car company in PC.
Or, you can drop off the luggage at the terminal and then go return the car and take the shuttle back. We did this in September-we dropped the checked luggage off with the porters, then one person sat at the terminal with the carry on bags. I returned the car, and then myself and the other member of our party hopped the shuttle with minimal bags. If nothing else, you could drop the checked bags off with the porters (if you didn't have someone who would wait at the terminal with the carry-ons) and then at least you'd only have to worry about the carry-ons on the shuttle.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! We won’t be renting a car. I love having someone waiting for me at the airport and when we get off the cruise. I’m just looking for some companies to hit up for quotes. You guys all rock!

Or, you can drop off the luggage at the terminal and then go return the car and take the shuttle back. We did this in September-we dropped the checked luggage off with the porters, then one person sat at the terminal with the carry on bags. I returned the car, and then myself and the other member of our party hopped the shuttle with minimal bags. If nothing else, you could drop the checked bags off with the porters (if you didn't have someone who would wait at the terminal with the carry-ons) and then at least you'd only have to worry about the carry-ons on the shuttle.
I have suggested this to dh on the few times we rented a car. He doesn't like to split up and would always prefer we stay together. I don't know why; he's not the nervous type. Also not a fan of going back and forth unless we had some other reason to rent a car. If it's only needed to get to the port, you can't beat the convenience of a private driver.

How are you getting from the airport to WDW? If you need transport to WDW as well, we used Ace Luxury and did the 3 way package - MCO to resort, resort to PC, PC to MCO. It was great!

We need a ride to WDW from MCO as well. I’ll look into that. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter