Disney to Universal

WDWdreamer99

Earning My Ears
We are planning on going to Universal/Islands of Adventures one day during our trip but not switching hotels. We don't want to use a taxi because the fairs are so pricey! How much would a one day rental car be? And where could we get one (while on Disney property)? Anyone know?

No way to say what a one day rental would be.....probably around $35-40. Then, you have add the cost of parking at US/IoA. Still cheaper than a cab or car service though.

You can rent with Alamo/National at the Dolphin. Or at the Car Care Center. There are other rental companies in the hotels in DTD.

It would be cheaper to take the Mears shuttle over. Check out the sticky at the top of the page for options.

We've taken the lynx public bus there before, it was only a couple of bucks and they dropped us off right at universal, only took about a half hour.

We've taken the lynx public bus there before, it was only a couple of bucks and they dropped us off right at universal, only took about a half hour.

That's kind of odd....there is a bus, the number 50, that runs between TTC to SeaWorld, directly and it takes about 25 mins. To the best of my knowledge, there is no direct bus from WDW to US/IoA. It would take at least one transfer and most certainly take more than 30 mins. The vast majority of people recommend against trying to take the Lynx bus between WDW and US/IoA.

Yea, there is no Lynx bus that takes you directly to US or IOA from Disney, you have to transfer and it takes a lot more then 30 minutes.

Per the topic though.. If you are just spending one day at US and IOA I'm not sure renting a car would save you any money. Remember you have to fill the car back up before you return it. I'd go with a taxi personally, we did this in 2010 and while it wasn't cheap (nothing is down there) it wasn't nearly as pricey as some people on here told me it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter