Disney transportation between resorts

newgirlhere

Earning My Ears
We are heading to WDW and staying at Yacht Club with our three kids (6.5, 5, and almost 2). I feel comfortable with most of our transportation plans except for one night we are going to Whispering Canyon for dinner. We'll be at Epcot during the day that day, so we can just take the bus from Epcot to WL, but I'm worried about getting back.

Is taking a cab without a car seat for the 2yo an option? (Not saying I would do that, just wondering if it is even an option.) Is the best use of Disney transportation to take the boat or bus to MK and then a bus back to YC?

Thank you!

It's personal choice. My then 4yo DD and I ate at Whispering Canyon 2 years ago. I chose to take the boat back to the MK then bus to our resort but taxi is always another option. I'm not sure about car seat regulations in FL when it comes to taxis but you could probably google FL Transportation if you want to know what their actual laws are.

I think taxis are exempt from car seat regulations (they are here in NYC). On our last trip we did take a few taxi rides within WDW from BWV and I buckled in and then held DD on my lap. Obviously it's not as safe as having a car seat, but it was a calculated risk. (It's also a big reason why we are paying $$$$$ for BLT next trip.)

If it's after park hours, and riding a bus/boat to a park isn't an option, you can always ride a bus to Down Town Disney and then ride a bus back to your resort.

Taxis are exempt from car seat laws, but taxis are not exempt from the laws of physics.
We recently ate at WCC then walked to Fort Wilderness for the Chip & Dale Sing-a-Long. We ended up taking a bus to DTD then walked back to SSR.
To get back to YC I would just get boat back to MK and take the bus to YC or take monorail to EP if you want to walk thru (assuming before 9pm).

Depending on park hours, I would either take the boat (or bus) to MK and then bus to YC. Or, take the bus to DHS and then the boat to Yacht Club.

Also, it is possible to get a taxi with a car seat. We are a family of 5, so when we take a taxi we insist upon a van so that everyone will have a seat belt. (With a regular taxi, they only let one person sit up front so 4 end up in the back seat with only 3 belts.) Anyway, I always see car seats in the back of the vans. There is, of course, no guarantee as to their condition or which kind they will have but IMO it is better than no seat. You may have to specifically request a cab with a car seat as they don't all have them.

As others have said, you can request a taxi with a car seat at WL valet when you are finished with your meal. It may take a little longer for one to arrive, but they are available. If we take a taxi in WDW, I always ask for one with a booster. We were actually in an accident in a taxi in WDW (the taxi and a DVC vehicle collided on my DS's side of the vehicle as they both went through the GF security gate). No one was injured, but accidents happen everywhere, all the time, even in the Disney bubble.

As others have mentioned, you can also boat back to MK, bus back to YC or bus to DHS and boat or walk to YC.

I personally would choose one of these three options. It's better to be safe than sorry.

As others have mentioned, you can also boat back to MK, bus back to YC or bus to DHS and boat or walk to YC.

Thanks, everyone. If this is a night of the Halloween party, and it's after 7pm, is taking the boat back to MK still an option (i.e., do I actually have to be able to enter MK to use this option?)? Thanks!

Yes, you can still boat to MK during the party. I would definitely not get DTD (Disney Springs...whatever) involved in any way....those buses are notoriously slow. I would either do boat to MK and bus to YC or if DHS is open, I would go there and then walk or boat back to YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter