Disney Treasure or wait for the Disney Adventure???

ILovePixieDust

DIS Veteran
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are between the Treasure and Adventure? That announcement of the Adventure has reminded me that it is also due out in 2025! To book the Treasure or not to book the Treasure this Thursday??

Treasure = same old itineraries, new boat with mixed reviews but still a new boat

Adventure = new itineraries and countries, completely new boat and unknown layout
concerned about it being like Australia with limited ports? I'd be so disappointed if that was the case.

Hmmmm, what to do, what to do?

Do you truly think you would go over to cruise the Adventure?

The Treasure looks to be the Wish (different decor) sailing the established East / West Caribbean routes that the Fantasy has been doing.

I am not planning on sailing to Singapore to cruise on Disney.

If I go that far, a long land trip involving Australia and/or New Zealand would better serve my needs. There are many fascinating places to visit in SE Asia, but I want to see how Disney cruise packages them.

I spent two weeks in New Zealand on a fly-in vacation. It deserves better than a few port stops.

That answer didn’t make either one sound like a good idea. Sorry.

I think the Adventure will be quite a different experience from what is currently offered by Disney Cruise Line, as this new ship is very much geared for the Asian market. The best comparison would be if you’ve been to any of the Disney parks in Asia….it’s familiar but different. For example, when you ride the Jungle Cruise at Hong Kong Disneyland, there are three separate lines for English, Mandarin, and Cantonese speakers. Singapore itself sees most of its tourists from Indonesia and China, and as such I would expect multiple languages being used onboard the ship (probably English, Mandarin, Indonesian, and Malay). There will almost certainly be more Asian influence on the food served in the buffets and restaurants. The stage shows will probably be mostly in English. I’m not trying to dissuade you from waiting for the Adventure, just pointing out that American tourists are likely not the target demographic as it is for the other ships.

I’m in the Pacific Northwest and there are direct flights to Singapore so it is definitely in the cards!
I don’t need to be specifically catered to as I think part of the adventure is learning and being with people from different places.

I think the Asian influenced food would be delicious! I’ve been to Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, Osaka but it was all before my love for Disney and so never been to the parks over there. I did go to Disney store in HK airport though! Not quite the same!

The only park I’ve been to outside North America is Disneyland Paris - not joking when I say it’s the most cigarette smoke my kids had every been exposed to in their entire lives INSIDE the park (they were 6 and 4 at the time).

Really hoping the ship stops in many different countries to get a taste of each and then go back to the ones we really love. Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia all sound good to me since I’ve never been!

I think of it like the European cruises that have multiple stops to then help determine which ones to go back to. Just this time it’s Asia!

the more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards the Adventure if the timing and itineraries work out….

Although maybe I should book a treasure cruise just in case….

With your last post - I think you have your answer! You sound like an ideal candidate for an adventure on the Adventure.

Is it an either/or?

Book the Treasure now and cancel if a great Adventure option comes along (and conflicts with your schedule / budget / plans).

Also, as we saw, they used the 'sailing in 2024' pretty liberally for the Treasure, so the Adventure might be almost a year further out for all we know. How much do you care about waiting that long?

Have you looked at what other cruise lines offer from Singapore? That might be a good indication as to what type of itineraries Disney might offer. It seems however that they think the entrance to a new market are short cruises with one stop. That’s how the Magic started 25 years ago. That’s what they are doing in Australia this winter, what they are offering from the UK - even more next year than this year. So I am afraid that the Adventure from Singapore might do exactly that.

Of course you could combine a 4-night Adventure cruise with some time in Singapore and some other destination in that region.

I would recommend to book a Treasure cruise for later in 2025 so that you are hopefully well before the PIF date when the Adventure itineraries are announced.

Just remember that the Adventure was not primarily built by Disney and will likely not be all that similar to the other ships. It's NOT another Triton Class ship. They'll put Disney touches on the Adventure, yes, but it was mostly built by another company with their designs. It'll honestly probably be much closer to other cruise lines than to the other Disney ships.

Seems like a lot of folks are more or less ready to declare the Adventure a flop. "Not invented here" syndrome (since it's not a "real" Disney ship), and why even mention the languages onboard? Does it hurt the onboard experience in any way if there are announcements and signs in multiple languages? I see that comment about MSC frequently as well, and it makes no sense to me at all.

I imagine that the Adventure will only visit Thailand / Vietnam on 7-day itineraries. I don't expect they'll make their way to Australia or New Zealand with this ship.

Doubting we will ever sail on the Adventure. Even though we have sailed on all five of the current ships, and will be booking the Treasure when that is available, the draw of the Adventure just isn't there for us. We've been to all the Asia countries already and aren't interested enough to endure the long flights again.

I think the Adventure will be quite a different experience from what is currently offered by Disney Cruise Line, as this new ship is very much geared for the Asian market. The best comparison would be if you’ve been to any of the Disney parks in Asia….it’s familiar but different. For example, when you ride the Jungle Cruise at Hong Kong Disneyland, there are three separate lines for English, Mandarin, and Cantonese speakers. Singapore itself sees most of its tourists from Indonesia and China, and as such I would expect multiple languages being used onboard the ship (probably English, Mandarin, Indonesian, and Malay). There will almost certainly be more Asian influence on the food served in the buffets and restaurants. The stage shows will probably be mostly in English. I’m not trying to dissuade you from waiting for the Adventure, just pointing out that American tourists are likely not the target demographic as it is for the other ships.
I personally would enjoy his my Dad and I are big Disney fans and my mom is half Japanese while I’m a quarter.

I know it’s not going to Japan, but love Tokyo Disney and hope to go to other Asian parks.

Not rushing to book it though, but if I got a chance to travel there and go one day 💯

I have put The Adventure on my bucket list, but for now I will wait to see others opinions first.

Seems like a lot of folks are more or less ready to declare the Adventure a flop. "Not invented here" syndrome (since it's not a "real" Disney ship), and why even mention the languages onboard? Does it hurt the onboard experience in any way if there are announcements and signs in multiple languages? I see that comment about MSC frequently as well, and it makes no sense to me at all.

I imagine that the Adventure will only visit Thailand / Vietnam on 7-day itineraries. I don't expect they'll make their way to Australia or New Zealand with this ship.

I mentioned it because it's a reality that will be a difference from what is currently offered by DCL. No need to assign a negative connotation to my comment. I have been to all of the Disney Parks in Asia; Tokyo Disneyland is actually my favorite Disney park anywhere. Experiencing things I love in different languages (like the Country Bears Jamboree in Japanese) is part of the fun for me.

I am booking the Treasure on platinum day tomorrow and plan to sail on the Adventure when it is released - still have never been to Singapore and excited to see what ports are offered.

No desire to visit Asia or Australia so the Adventure is out for us. And although we would sail on the Treasure, it probably will not be offered at the CM rate for quite a while so after a Fantasy cruise in Dec we’re more than likely done with DCL for a while.

I mentioned it because it's a reality that will be a difference from what is currently offered by DCL. No need to assign a negative connotation to my comment.
Exactly. The reality in the cruise industry is that ships built specifically for Asian markets have differences than ships built for other markets that might occasionally do Asian routes - across all lines. I can't remember if it was Celebrity, RCCL, or NCL, but one of them had built a ship for the Asian market, ended up moving it elsewhere in the world, and had to make some changes to make it less of a ship for Asia. (And no, I can't remember specifics...I just remember reading about it on cruise critic a while back.)

Exactly. The reality in the cruise industry is that ships built specifically for Asian markets have differences than ships built for other markets that might occasionally do Asian routes - across all lines. I can't remember if it was Celebrity, RCCL, or NCL, but one of them had built a ship for the Asian market, ended up moving it elsewhere in the world, and had to make some changes to make it less of a ship for Asia. (And no, I can't remember specifics...I just remember reading about it on cruise critic a while back.)
The NCL Joy was the one.

I actually love the idea of a tea room onboard!

Sounds to me that the Adventure might be similar to what Shanghai Disneyland was marketed as: Authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese. I loved my visit there and how it was a new take on Disneyland. If that’s what the Adventure is going to be, I am starting to become more excited about cruising on her than before!!

I actually love the idea of a tea room onboard!

Sounds to me that the Adventure might be similar to what Shanghai Disneyland was marketed as: Authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese. I loved my visit there and how it was a new take on Disneyland. If that’s what the Adventure is going to be, I am starting to become more excited about cruising on her than before!!
Yeah, and a karaoke room? Sounds super fun. Not sure I understand prioritizing putting in a Starbucks on a cruise ship, either. Outside of probably needing a refresh after a nearly decade in service, the original sounded great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter