Disney Treasure or wait for the Disney Adventure???

I think there we other issues. We thought about booking it when it came out - husband wanted to go on the racetrack. But then the Bliss came out so we did the maiden on that one and husband got to do the racetrack. Speaking with crew on one of the ships that had worked on the Joy there were many issues. Dinner was family style. Dinner started at a certain time and everyone lined up an hour before and then no diners for the rest of the evening so freestyle did not work. I won't go into the parade of shrimp but my husband and I still laugh about that. There was a problem with rice supply too. And on. I think the first changes were minor but it is set for a big redo early next year to align more with the other ships in that class.

Disney purchased the incomplete hull of the “Global Dream” from Genting Hong Kong cruise line, which went bankrupt.

II am sure that Disney purchased the ship because they were able completely design the interior to their specifications. It will not be anything like the Wish or Treasure as it is for the Asian market but in speaking to a Head Waiter on our Wish sailing last week the ship was originally planed to have 9000 passengers and Disney reduced the number of passengers down to 6000. Still too many passengers for me but if they can eliminate 3000 passengers than obviously the interior of the ship was probably not even started when Disney purchased it.

Disney purchased the incomplete hull of the “Global Dream” from Genting Hong Kong cruise line, which went bankrupt.

II am sure that Disney purchased the ship because they were able completely design the interior to their specifications. It will not be anything like the Wish or Treasure as it is for the Asian market but in speaking to a Head Waiter on our Wish sailing last week the ship was originally planed to have 9000 passengers and Disney reduced the number of passengers down to 6000. Still too many passengers for me but if they can eliminate 3000 passengers than obviously the interior of the ship was probably not even started when Disney purchased it.
The decrease in capacity is not due to structural changes. It was mentioned back then that the 9000 capacity was from being able to have up to four passengers in every single stateroom. DCL will keep the same number of staterooms, but the rest of the ship will only support a max capacity of 6000. So restaurants, life boats etc. will be built for that. If the ship originally had mainly buffet restaurants the dining capacity would have been far bigger than with sit down restaurants.

Perhaps the smallest rooms that were planned for four were reduced to three, or even two. Some other cruise ships even have single rooms... maybe Disney is going for another first for them? We'll have to wait and see.

I'm on the Pacific coast as well, and would not discount cruising on Adventure some day. It would likely have to be a short itinerary stopping at Malaysia or something though. I do want to see Kuala Lumpur but heading to Malaysia is waaaaaay further down my list than the other common stops from Singapore that I'd likely do via land.

I have no desire whatsoever to cruise with DCL on the Adventure. The Fantasy, Dream, Wish, and Treasure are as big as I want to go when cruising. Even as empty nesters we love DCL; But if I cruise that area of the world (and I'd like to) it will be with Silversea, RSSC, or Seabourn.

Yeah, and a karaoke room? Sounds super fun. Not sure I understand prioritizing putting in a Starbucks on a cruise ship, either. Outside of probably needing a refresh after a nearly decade in service, the original sounded great.
Tea room and karaoke room would be so fun! I would book that karaoke room everyday. hahaha

With your last post - I think you have your answer! You sound like an ideal candidate for an adventure on the Adventure.

Is it an either/or?

Book the Treasure now and cancel if a great Adventure option comes along (and conflicts with your schedule / budget / plans).

For 2025, it would be an either/or situation. I think it would be too much to do both in one year and we like to mix up land and sea vacations. We did Magic last Christmas and the UK this past summer. Then we're doing Hawaii this Christmas, the the Wonder in March next year, Disneyworld next Christmas, and then it would be the Treasure or Adventure! It would be nice to eventually try both boats at some point.

It's a good idea to book the Treasure just in case and see what happens with the Adventure!

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are between the Treasure and Adventure? That announcement of the Adventure has reminded me that it is also due out in 2025! To book the Treasure or not to book the Treasure this Thursday??

Treasure = same old itineraries, new boat with mixed reviews but still a new boat

Adventure = new itineraries and countries, completely new boat and unknown layout
concerned about it being like Australia with limited ports? I'd be so disappointed if that was the case.

Hmmmm, what to do, what to do?
We are going to wait for the Adventure. It's closer for us anyway (8 hour flight). The ship will be enough of a destination so we don't care about ports. If we want to visit anywhere, we would just fly there and enjoy a few days there. 8-10 hours is never enough to really explore a new city anyway.

I would love the treasure, but my husband refuses to cruise to same ports. He is destination only. We are definitely booking Adventure! I am so excited to see what they offer. I live on the west coast.

I would love the treasure, but my husband refuses to cruise to same ports. He is destination only. We are definitely booking Adventure! I am so excited to see what they offer. I live on the west coast.
This is my husband too. We are super interested in the Treasure but the same old Caribbean ports are boring. We are also on the West Coast so lots of direct non stop flights to Asia but no plans for the next few years for the Adventure either. Probably not til both my kids are out of highschool so another 5 years or so.

Looks like many of the cruise out of Shanghai are just four or five night and most seem to only visit Japan... South Korean is right there, but on the site I checked out... no one was sailing to Korean. Several of the seven nights just did an extra stop in China or Japan.

I think Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand and beyond are out of the question unless they do 14 night cruises or longer. Or if they do a destination cruise where you sail to another port making a stops on the way - this really looks like the best option if your really wanting to see differing parts of Asia. Seabourn had a 22 night from Shanghai to Singapore with at total of 16 stops. Just have to wait and see what Disney plans to focus on with their itineraries.

To me a four or five night cruise... doesn't really give you much time to get your internal clock reset so you can enjoy yourself. It's one thing to travel to a city, that never really sleeps. But a ship? It's pretty dead on current Disney Ships at night... For sure would need to add on a few extra days to adjust before boarding.... of course with Disneyland there and the likly hood of Land & Sea packages, that might be a viable option.

Not hating on the Adventure, just it's location (time zone changes, long flight, costs) makes it a tougher call for most of us.

I'd go ahead and book the Treasure.... and once the Adventure is open to booking, you can change at that point if the Adventure meets you desires.

Looks like many of the cruise out of Shanghai are just four or five night and most seem to only visit Japan... South Korean is right there, but on the site I checked out... no one was sailing to Korean. Several of the seven nights just did an extra stop in China or Japan.

I think Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand and beyond are out of the question unless they do 14 night cruises or longer. Or if they do a destination cruise where you sail to another port making a stops on the way - this really looks like the best option if your really wanting to see differing parts of Asia. Seabourn had a 22 night from Shanghai to Singapore with at total of 16 stops. Just have to wait and see what Disney plans to focus on with their itineraries.

To me a four or five night cruise... doesn't really give you much time to get your internal clock reset so you can enjoy yourself. It's one thing to travel to a city, that never really sleeps. But a ship? It's pretty dead on current Disney Ships at night... For sure would need to add on a few extra days to adjust before boarding.... of course with Disneyland there and the likly hood of Land & Sea packages, that might be a viable option.

Not hating on the Adventure, just it's location (time zone changes, long flight, costs) makes it a tougher call for most of us.

I'd go ahead and book the Treasure.... and once the Adventure is open to booking, you can change at that point if the Adventure meets you desires.
Adventure will be based in Singapore, not Shanghai.

I think adventure will be like a sticker shock with wonder prices on South Pacific cruises and could be more. It depends on how dcl will do the itinerary. I really wanted to do South Pacific but when you factor in hotel pre and post stays, airfare, and then cruise fare it's definitely will price some people out. Furthermore, if you don't get to pair it up with excursions in Australia and you have to do it on your own that is also going to be a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter