Disney trip approaching fast and all I'm stressed about is a darn boarding group on RotR

I can’t remember, was DL going through boarding groups in 5 seconds back then? I wasn’t paying attention much to DL so I’m really not sure how quickly they were going by.

I know for the most part BGs were available for much longer at WDW before the shut down than they are now. Since reopening, they’re gone so quick that if you blink, you miss it.
Yes like within 5 seconds they would all be gone and you had to be in the park to try for it.

Yes like within 5 seconds they would all be gone and you had to be in the park to try for it.
Ah ok. So basically WDW after reopening but before the switch to outside the park. The system is crazy, but at least you know right away if you'll get to ride that day, though now there's the second time if you miss out the first time.

So I'm new to this. So you basically try to get your pass in the hotel room at 7:00am ( so much for sleeping )

Then you will get a boarding group, which starts when the park opens..?

Am I allowed to try this before I get to Disney to get a feel for it?

Thanks

So I'm new to this. So you basically try to get your pass in the hotel room at 7:00am ( so much for sleeping )

Then you will get a boarding group, which starts when the park opens..?

Am I allowed to try this before I get to Disney to get a feel for it?

Thanks

Not to be "that guy," but definitely check out this sticky thread. Read the first few posts that cover FAQs, and then skip to the end, reading the most recent few pages on experiences with getting BGs. Yes, you can (and should) practice from home to get a feel for it. It's no exaggeration that groups fill in a matter of seconds. Good luck!

Last edited:
Ah ok. So basically WDW after reopening but before the switch to outside the park. The system is crazy, but at least you know right away if you'll get to ride that day, though now there's the second time if you miss out the first time.
Yes exactly.
Having the second time to try is pretty cool now.

Was easy peasy both days this week, was actually too fast and got #16 and #25 but wanted to sleep in longer. I do think the advice both here and elsewhere makes it seem more difficult than it is. Nothing special needs to be done to your phone, simply refresh the app as it turns to 7:00:00 and click join twice quickly. It’s not complicated.

My husband and I practiced for weeks beforehand and he almost always beat me. On our HS day, he got Boarding Group 1. This was back in October when you had to be in the park. Just practice, practice, practice! He has a Google Pixel and I have an iphone. He downloaded seconds on to his clock so he could see exactly when it was going to turn 7. We both had location settings and wifi turned off. We both have Verizon. Good luck!
You know what is so funny, my boyfriend and I went in January 2020 and we were up at and at the very front of the park entrance way before opening. I have an iphone and he has a google pixel as well, and when 7 AM rolled around, we were both on Verizon LTE and his loaded and mine didn't. We ended up with boarding group 10. We are going soon, so I'm curious to see how it is going to play out and who will be able to get the boarding group this time around.

It amazes me that the only stressor I'm feeling is getting a boarding group. We decided not to limit our parks so the only day for HS is Sunday, April 11th. We are unwilling to potentially miss out on another park by reserving multiple days at HS so Sunday will be it.

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with multiple phones and multiple persons in said group trying at the same to score a BG? We are a group of 5, iPhone 8, iPhone 10, brand new iPhone 12 pro max and two Android Samsung 20s one being brand new. So the person with the best phone with the fasted processor gets a BG is that where we are now? Does everyone in our group huddle around one another refreshing until 7am and if one gets through are the rest denied? Can multiple phones get to the join screen and then add group and have 2 boarding groups?
Just realized yesterday was your day. How’d it go for you?

Hello everyone......thank you all for your advice and guidance, we scored boarding group #5 and we had the ride to ourselves. One of the First Order guards asked us to put the recording devices down and move along, grandma said "how rude" and another guard started looking into our shuttle for Jar Jar because that is one of his lines in a movie. I told a guard this was all a mistake and we were going to Endor on vacation, he asked why Endor and my 13 year old said camping......he asked why would you want to do "INDOOR camping?" Amazing ride...thanks again everyone

Hello everyone......thank you all for your advice and guidance, we scored boarding group #5 and we had the ride to ourselves. One of the First Order guards asked us to put the recording devices down and move along, grandma said "how rude" and another guard started looking into our shuttle for Jar Jar because that is one of his lines in a movie. I told a guard this was all a mistake and we were going to Endor on vacation, he asked why Endor and my 13 year old said camping......he asked why would you want to do "INDOOR camping?" Amazing ride...thanks again everyone

:yay:

Glad you got it. And had some interaction with the guard, That can be half the fun.

After practicing I have gotten the hang of it, but I can’t help thinking that it’s a bit of an unfair system, favoring the tech-savvy, the people with the fastest smartphones, and the physically agile people with the fastest fingers. A fairer systen would be a lottery where anyone could register at their leisure (say between 7 and 8 AM) and the winners get notified shortly afterwards.

After practicing I have gotten the hang of it, but I can’t help thinking that it’s a bit of an unfair system, favoring the tech-savvy, the people with the fastest smartphones, and the physically agile people with the fastest fingers.
That is a fact. I was there back in 2020 and saw an older couple (mid-70’s or so) wander over and inquire about getting on the ride. They were talking to a CM and looked very confused. I’m not sure of a good solution to all of this because I could see exceptions for elder visitors/DAS guests being abused or profited from, but it is sad to see how prohibitive it is for many people to even have a chance at riding this attraction

That is a fact. I was there back in 2020 and saw an older couple (mid-70’s or so) wander over and inquire about getting on the ride. They were talking to a CM and looked very confused. I’m not sure of a good solution to all of this because I could see exceptions for elder visitors/DAS guests being abused or profited from, but it is sad to see how prohibitive it is for many people to even have a chance at riding this attraction
Yep. My late MIL (killed by Covid) never even got the hang of texting. The chances of her going to time.gov to do “Join-Joiin-Join” on the dot of 7 AM would always have been zero.

few questions:
1: How do you turn off location services on an iphone?
2. where is the atomic clock on an iphone?
3. what if our BG is during our reservations for lunch?
4. How do you check the internet speed on your phone?

few questions:
1: How do you turn off location services on an iphone?
2. where is the atomic clock on an iphone?
3. what if our BG is during our reservations for lunch?
4. How do you check the internet speed on your phone?

Its an older post, but if anyone is interested:
1: Settings, Privacy
2: The clock should be pretty closely synced to a time standard. Time.gov tells me my clock is off by about 0.089 second.
3: Go to lunch, show your receipt from lunch at the ROTR CM and they will let you in.
4: Speedtest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter