Disney Trip Countdown ideas for kids

dvcfan5

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! What are your best WDW Trip Countdown ideas to do with kids?

Make make a paper chain with one link for each day until the trip. Remove a link each day.

Get a box with lots of little sections. Put a small present in each section (like a trading pin, sticker, coloring page, plastic figure); children get a present each day each day leading up to the trip. Keep the opened presents in different box--things for the child to use on the trip or in the parks.

For avid readers or Disney trivia fans, get a book of Disney World trivia. Read a few new trivia facts/questions each day as you count down.

Get them some Disney stickers and a countdown calendar. They can add a sticker as they count down each day. For really young ones who are still trying to get the concept of days and weeks, this can help with that, too.

For our last 2 trips, I found a Disney clip art on the computer and made 2 " ....days until Disney" per page, one top and one bottom, then cut the page in half and stapled them all together at the top 2 corners. I also alternated boy and girl characters, so my DD and DS got the chance to pull a character they liked.

We once gathered the disney character toys we have and placed them on a table. We took one away each day. We started with 100 toys. My son loved picking out the toy to remove each day. By vacation day they were all put away so I didn't have to pick them up when we got home.

We've down countdown chains and chalkboard countdowns. Watch the vacation planning DVD. play Disney Cranium like crazy. Watch the Disney Parks channel on YouTube. Order the maps and Disney Side sticker. And of course, the Disney station on Pandora is in constant rotation :)

IMG_1126.JPGIMG_7191-vert.jpg The first pic is our countdown for this year. (I hope I'm not breaking any copyrights by using the pics I did on it. :/) DD5 flips over a number each day to reveal a new Mickey ear picture. I attached string to a canvas and used tiny clothespins from the craft store to clip the circles to the string.

Second was our countdown from last year. I drew the Mickey and Minnie and their hands. Each day she put a finger from one of them down like they were counting down the days left. We only told her a week before we left last year, so that countdown was shorter.

Last edited:
I am in the process of making one for my DD9 with a new fact each day... though to my bitter disappointment I've gone blank on facts so its on hiatus, but I need to get a wiggle on as we go in 41 days!

image.jpg

I found the ears to cut out from Pinterest (free download) and bought some scrapbook stickers from Michael's. We wanted a visual to show our youngest the Mickey and Minnie heads going away as she doesn't quite understand time yet so the chalkboards or other countdowns with numbers wouldn't work (although I e contemplated an ETSY board for when they are older). DS takes Mickey down and DD takes the Minnie ears. They're loving it so far!

View attachment 106699View attachment 106700 The first pic is our countdown for this year. (I hope I'm not breaking any copyrights by using the pics I did on it. :/) DD5 flips over a number each day to reveal a new Mickey ear picture. I attached string to a canvas and used tiny clothespins from the craft store to clip the circles to the string.

Second was our countdown from last year. I drew the Mickey and Minnie and their hands. Each day she put a finger from one of them down like they were counting down the days left. We only told her a week before we left last year, so that countdown was shorter.
I would love to know where you found your Mickey ear clipart, I love it!

Bumping this thread. I want to do a more permanent countdown for our house. After 7 years in a row and no signs of stopping, we just need something, LOL.

I want something framed....

We made Disney themed countdown blocks cute and reusable if I can find them I will post a picture.

Bumping this thread. I want to do a more permanent countdown for our house. After 7 years in a row and no signs of stopping, we just need something, LOL.

I want something framed....

I made my own countdown. I bought an 8x10 picture frame (black) and put Disney-themed scrapbook paper as the background, inside the glass. Down the right hand side I used mounted stickers to write "Days Til Disney". All of that is inside the frame. On the outside of the glass I used suction cups and made my own number cards (with Mickey heads and stickers) that can be changed daily. If I were more technologically savvy I would post a picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter