Disney Trip with my Non Disney Fan GF

blackpearl1281

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am a DVC member since 2014 and annually take multiple trips down to Orlando. My Girlfriend is not a huge Disney fan but has also not been to Disney since she was a child. I am looking for suggestions as we are booked for a run Disney / moonlight magic trip in April. The only park we plan to do is the moonlight magic at the Magic Kingdom. She enjoy's golfing and good food and drinks so we will be golfing for sure. Just looking for some tips on showing her a good time and other activities I may not have done. Outside of the park. Most of our trip will be spent at SSR.

Thanks

Not in MK, but there may be a concert you are interested in at the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot.

There’s lots of fun stuff to so at Disney Springs. Good places to eat, shop and hang out, plus it’s just a short walk away from SSR. Hope you and your GF enjoy your stay

Not in MK, but there may be a concert you are interested in at the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot.
Thanks for the reminder on Flower and Garden I may see if there is a concert worth going to see. She would enjoy that and I think Epcot as well

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DS (DTD), area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DS (DTD) 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Flower and Garden is a great adult time. Lots of food and drinks to try as you stroll through World Showcase. I have done it a few times with friends who are not huge Disney fans like myself! And they loved it!

Since your GF hasn't been since she was a kid . . . maybe show her some pix/video of DAK. She may have never been there. Of course, if she's disinterested in animals and/or rides, then I take back my suggestion.

My plan with a non-fan has always been to take it easy, no commando stuff. Capitalize on the resort/escapism angle by enjoying restaurants, relaxing by the pool, golf, and just a few rides that kind of showcase the the creativity and immersive nature of Disney. Pandora and FOP at night for example, or Illuminations (or its replacement) with a glass of champagne, maybe Pirates to show off old school Disney. Lots of pool sitting too.

We just returned from a mostly non-park trip at SSR since my DH is not the biggest Disney fan. We booked a preferred room in Congress Park and enjoyed a daily walk to Disney Springs. There is a spa at SSR, your GF might enjoy that. Also, we had so much fun at the Dine-In movie (saw Charlies Angels), there is the hot air balloon ride and of course all the fun and food the Springs offers. We also enjoyed several character meals including a delicious brunch at Chef Mickey's. The character interaction at CM was some of the best of the trip! We also tried to take every form of Disney transportation available from boats, ferries, monorail, buses and our favorite Minnie Vans (expensive!). The only transport we did not take was the gondolas. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

Last edited:
Try to snag a reservation for dinner at 8 pm at La Hacienda at EPCOT and watch the show as you are eating dessert! The windows are floor to ceiling giving you a great seat, food is excellent and prices are moderate for Disney. There is less of a crowd as you leave letting you savor the evening...

There are lots of good suggestions here already but I would like to add a trip to Gyser Point at the WL. You could take a bus to MK or one of the MK resorts (from DS) catch a boat over to WL. I would check out the lodge, it is very pretty then venture over to Gyser Point for an adult beverage and a snack or meal, whatever is your preference. This can be a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. I hope your GF enjoys her time at WDW.

I would certainly put a few hours at EPCOT on the plan. I haven't looked at availability, but if you could swing a room at BWV or BCV where you could walk into (and out of) EPCOT in minutes, that is what I would do. You might also check on a room at BLT. That is a nice walk after the night events at MK. (I like walking to and from parks if you can't tell). Otherwise, there are a lot of great ideas posted above.

Try to snag a reservation for dinner at 8 pm at La Hacienda at EPCOT and watch the show as you are eating dessert! The windows are floor to ceiling giving you a great seat, food is excellent and prices are moderate for Disney. There is less of a crowd as you leave letting you savor the evening...
Only a VERY FEW tables are window table. Twice we have been seated in a side area with NO view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter