• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Account Closing

Faceoff445566

Mouseketeer
I just received an email that the Disney Vacation Account is closing. No new accounts can be opened and no more contributions to existing accounts will be accepted.

I got it also. Going to read through all my options...don't have enough in to pay off the trip yet. Wish they could have made it the end of the year.

I got it as well ***. Such an excellent way for us to stash money away for a disney vacation. Even without the bonus. Guess Ill be opening another bank account to do this now.

Just want to say I'm sorry to everyone with who had and used the Disney Vacation Savings account. I decided to setup one this year for our 2018 vacation for the first time about a month ago. Made two auto deposit's to the account and then I get the email today that they are closing this service down.

I should have known, if I start to do or participate in anything, no matter how long it's been going on. Surely something will happen. It will either cease to exist or there will be drastic changes to the original setup on whatever it is.

Never fails! So again I'm sorry, everyone! LOL

P.S. We've been going to Disney World for 7 years now, we're keeping our fingers crossed that the World won't close down too......

foots

Just want to say I'm sorry to everyone with who had and used the Disney Vacation Savings account. I decided to setup one this year for our 2018 vacation for the first time about a month ago. Made two auto deposit's to the account and then I get the email today that they are closing this service down.

I should have known, if I start to do or participate in anything, no matter how long it's been going on. Surely something will happen. It will either cease to exist or there will be drastic changes to the original setup on whatever it is.

Never fails! So again I'm sorry, everyone! LOL

P.S. We've been going to Disney World for 7 years now, we're keeping our fingers crossed that the World won't close down too......

foots

Actually, I think it was my fault ... I did the same thing!

I sent them a notice through the Contact Us asking if there would be a replacement product or solution ... the concern seems to be lack of utilization, but this program wasn't really marketed. I learned about it recently when trying to make a payment for a cruise that was booked through a TA. They advised that the only way I could pay through DCL was to have the DVA ... otherwise, my TA would have to do it. My response? What's a Disney Vacation Account?

I think if they would have put just minimal marketing behind this, it would have attracted a great deal more people.

I got an email months ago, letting me know that because my account had gone inactive that they would freeze it. I decided literally 2 days ago to have them unfreeze it so that I could start contributing again, sent them an email and got the notice that they were closing. I am SO bummed. 90% of our trip last year was paid for with Sam's club gift cards. So many gift cards. DVA was a nice place to pool them into a larger sum :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter