• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Account program is ending

samily

DIS Veteran
Don't know if this has been posted already, but I just got an email that the Disney Vacation Accout is ending! It lists 4 options to use any current funds in your account.

1. Use the funds to purchase a Disney gift card and they will add 5% to the gift card.

2. Stay and play at WDW for 899.00 for three nights for a family of three (certain dates only)

3. They will close out the account after 9/27 and send you a refund and include a gift card of 2%.

4. Close out the account now and get a refund.

Last edited:
Just saw this too...so disappointed. I was just about to add more to my account today. I hope they process the refund/gift cards quickly as I was about to use my funds this week.

Just saw this too...so disappointed. I was just about to add more to my account today. I hope they process the refund/gift cards quickly as I was about to use my funds this week.

I just chose the gift card redemption option. They are eGift cards. I just got them in my inbox (like, within seconds). What a bummer. It was so easy.

Thats a shame.... seems like they at least gave people many options. Fingers crossed refunds happen quickly for those who choose it.

I got my email too, and I'm really sad. It was the perfect way to apply those bajillion Disney gift cards as payment. I wonder what will happen now? Will they have a new program?

I just redeemed my balance last week and was waiting on my bonus. I wonder if that will come through or not. I would have much preferred the immediate 5% over the 2% bonus I may or may not ever see. :(

I got the email too. I meant to get online over the weekend and add a bunch more gift cards. Disappointed I didn't because I could have gotten the 5% extra. But bummed the program is ending. It was a nice option.

Just converted my balance to a gift card for the 5% bonus, and received the email with e-gift card instantly.

Is anyone else having difficulty? I'm trying to redeem mine for the gift card + 5% and keep getting a message:
  • An error has ocurred due to form expiration, please try again
I'm on hold with the DVA customer service right now-----just listening to movie theme songs, no one answering.

Just an update.....I'm still on hold, but now the message across the screen is that the web site is down. I guess too many people attempting to access their money. Anyone else having an issue?

Just an update.....I'm still on hold, but now the message across the screen is that the web site is down. I guess too many people attempting to access their money. Anyone else having an issue?

I didn't have any trouble. I'd probably just wait a little for the website to come back up rather than waste time on hold. I'm sure the issue is too many people trying to access their accounts.

Is anyone else having difficulty? I'm trying to redeem mine for the gift card + 5% and keep getting a message:
  • An error has ocurred due to form expiration, please try again
I'm on hold with the DVA customer service right now-----just listening to movie theme songs, no one answering.

I just logged in and redeemed my gift card about 1 minute ago.

I got my gift card +5% about 5 mins before your posting about having trouble. I received one of my gift cards in an email, but didn't get the second one. I went back to the DVA website and saw the same message about them doing maintenance. I'm sure they're getting slammed with people trying to get refunds. I'm very disappointed they are doing away with this program. I'm really hoping they will come out with some other type of program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter