• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Club Announces 2021 DVC Member Cruise

Can anyone clarify the costs on this chart for me? Is the price listed a cost per person or a cost per room for cash?476375

Can anyone clarify the costs on this chart for me? Is the price listed a cost per person or a cost per room for cash?View attachment 476375
They are the prices per person for the first 2 people. You have to pay for double occupancy at least, basically 11C would be $2,911 * 2 at minimum and the 3rd+ passenger is cheaper per person at $1,886 (independent of room type) for an adult. They are usually very expensive compared to the standard cruises.

I'd personally love to do one but it sucks they require full payment at time of booking. Too long for my taste to leave my funds tied up.

They are the prices per person for the first 2 people. You have to pay for double occupancy at least, basically 11C would be $2,911 * 2 at minimum and the 3rd+ passenger is cheaper per person at $1,886 (independent of room type) for an adult. They are usually very expensive compared to the standard cruises.

That's crazy expensive!

They are per person, double occupancy. Scroll further down for the costs for a 3rd and 4th person in the cabin, and for children.

ETA: @crvetter beat me to it! I could take my whole family in a cheap cheap cabin for approx 1200 points. Or just under $10k. What a deal! I sure am enjoying this blue card member benefit!!!

Here's another crazy comparison:
- 2020 Member Cruise Base Rate for 7-night Alaska: 328 points / $2,591
- 2021 Member Cruise Base Rate for 5-night Caribbean: 358 points / $2,911

That's an increase of 30 points or $320 for two less nights!😲
I hadn't realized it was more than the Alaska cruise. I guess the demand is much higher for the Caribbean so they can easily charge it and still fill the ship.

I hadn't realized it was more than the Alaska cruise. I guess the demand is much higher for the Caribbean so they can easily charge it and still fill the ship.
This was the case with their regular cruises as well - DH wanted to go on the European one out of Barcelona, which was as long as or longer than the Western Caribbean one, but 2-3k less. We had a 2yo at the time, though, so we went on the Western Caribbean one...

It is expensive, but I have found DVC Member cruises to be worth the price for the special experiences. Am not sure about this one. We usually have grandchildren coming to visit us in June.

We are thinking about doing it because it falls over my birthday and we have wanted to do a DVC cruise. Gonna talk it over and see if its what we want to do.

It is expensive, but I have found DVC Member cruises to be worth the price for the special experiences. Am not sure about this one. We usually have grandchildren coming to visit us in June.
Some day I would like to try one, but my kids are still in school for this one. We'll have to wait for one in August someday ... the 2020 one was too soon (we had already planned to spend that week at WDW).

Some day I would like to try one, but my kids are still in school for this one. We'll have to wait for one in August someday ... the 2020 one was too soon (we had already planned to spend that week at WDW).
I hope one does work for you some year!

It was $4800 for two of us in an outside cabin in 2019, 5 nights on the Wonder. That was DVC Member Cruise, San Diego to Vancouver, May, 2019. We were on deck 6.

Fantasy is a newer ship.

What is different about these?

What is different about these?
Well, you get stuff...but lots of that I give away.

Once Joe Rohde was on and gave presentations.
Don Hahn has been many times.
Often we have seen Disney Movies months or weeks before release. ( The China Nature film was shown 6 months or so before release.)
It’s something like a D23 meet regarding the presentations.
Often Stasia Martin is on. She’s an artist, (others as well) gives WONDERFUL presentations while drawing then raffles off her works. (No Charge ). I won this in May.
AC759AFE-49CC-45ED-A756-700AF6DCBFC3.jpeg

There have been Muppet presentations.
There are usually Broadway Stars giving an excellent show on the last night.
We saw snippets from “A Day at Disney” ahead of book’s release, and before Disney +.

If others chime in you can learn more. It’s the presentations, experiences that keep me coming back.

How is Conceiger level on this cruise? Do you get even more stuff or is not worth the upgrade costs?

Never tried. Don’t know if there are even more special events. Ask.

This is the first time a member cruise has actually worked for my school/vacation schedules, but wow! Not sure I can stomach $10K for 5 nights. And I certainly can't leave my kids behind. Maybe my husband... kidding.

I can do 4 nights on the dream with a verandah, 2 weeks earlier for 5800. Are there really 4200 worth of extras? Definitely an added day - especially a sea day - has value. I think they sell out - so it isn't for a less crowded ship. Grand Cayman is (IMO) a better port than Nassau - but I've been there a couple times already so I don't put a huge value on that.

Question - when booking with a Disney chase card, do you get to carry it interest free for 6 months. That would allow me to better guess my end of year bonus which is my Disney fund.

Silly question, but does anyone know if you can use your onboard booking bonus (OBB) for the 10% discount on the DVC member cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter