• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation just for the resorts

You know, I have stayed at other hotels and resorts. Disney is my favorite! We love to go for resort only stays. There are SO many activities and things to see. Last time we took the Skyliner to Riviera. Had a look around and encountered a random character sighting. Pluto, Goofy and Donald showed up at the cornhole/bocce ball area. At AKL we enjoy the cultural ambassador talks and animals. At Poly we enjoy the shops, dole whip smoothies, Trader Sam’s kitschy bar and fireworks on the beach. Fort Wilderness has horseback riding. Caribbean Beach had a live steel drum band after our dinner at Sebastian’s (all you can eat for $35). The DVC Fan videos have given me lots of new ideas. Something we have never done but want to try are the arts and crafts at the Community Halls.

We also have limited our recent trips with minimal park days. We enjoy visiting the other resorts, and also spending time on the beach at the Vero Beach Resort. We love OKW, but Vero is a close second, enjoyable and quiet, yet just a short time away to get to the parks.

Hi all,

To keep cost low on our upcoming trip, we are only going to Epcot 1 day and the remaining days going to stay at the resorts and visit the other resorts and boardwalk in the Disney bubble.
Curious if others do this, and any tips you may have for activities in/around the resorts besides Disney Springs?
We did this in March and had the most wonderful relaxing time. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Our day was going to the pool and the kids had a blast at the pool parties. We did a dance party. There were characters daily. We did the s’mores every night. The kids played at the playground. There was a cornhole competition. We did pin trading. We took a beautiful walk to the French quarter. The kids played in the splash park. We got bingets. We went to Animal Kingdom Lodge and did many educational stations. One evening we did the Chip and Dale campfire and that was blast for the kids dancing with the characters. We went to the boardwalk and watched the performers. We rode the skyliner and monorail. We watched the MK forewords. Relaxed in hammocks around the resort. It was refreshing not having to pack a backpack and walk around the parks all day for a change. We had an absolute blast at the resort.

Never done it, if I'm paying to stay on site, I'm going to the parks for at least some time each day. If I'm not going to the parks, I'd stay off site. That bubble is nice and I love it but there are too many other nice resorts in the area for me to pay for it if not hitting the parks. I don't spend all day in the parks though so in my down time I - resort hop or every now in again (maybe once every few years) go to to DS. Resort hopping is my favorite. I'll pick two or three resorts in the same area and using Disney transportation visit them.
Can you tell me the offsite resorts ? I’m looking for some good offsite options. Thanks

Every March we go to DW for 2 weeks. We rarely go to parks. We do most of our time at old key west. We love the pool, the community house, tennis, shuffle board etc is all very close together. We just hang at pool and at night go to Disney springs on the boat for dinner or go to various other resorts. Last year we went to Epcot once and then to the after hours party at Mk. The lines, the constant using of iPhone to check rides, the extra cost for ‘fast passes’ was all too much. We have no intention of going to parks again for a few years.

Sorry, I've never stayed off site since I always go to the parks but I'm thinking for what you pay for a Disney deluxe you could probably stay at four seasons.
I agree. There are tons of beautiful resorts that give you way more resort amenities. I only stay at Disney hotels because of the theme park benefits. Check out the Four Seasons, Hilton Orlando, JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Gaylord Palms. I have stayed at all of these for different work events. There is nothing stopping you from visiting Disney Springs and different Disney restaurants but there are so many restaurants in the area that are way less money that are not in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter