Disney Vacation Scavenger Hunt Book Ideas

kamerino

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We're heading to the "happiest place on earth" in January, and as we (my 8 year old daughter and I) go every year, each time I try to do something different in an effort to make that particular trip special in it's own way. This year, I'm working on a scavenger hunt book that I'll give her as we arrive at our resort. The instructions are simple, she has to find, or do, the things mentioned in the list, and take a picture. The plan is, that once we get home, we can print out all the photos and make a scrapbook of this year's Disney adventure.

This year, we're staying at CBR, and I'm having a bit of trouble compiling the list for that resort. I haven't been there in several years, and I honestly don't remember the things that make this resort "special" (We were there briefly and spent no time at the resort). Can anyone of you wonderful people give me a few hints? So far I've asked her to take a picture of the time we officially start our vacation on the lobby clock, to find the flag of the country that our village is named after, and to throw a penny in the fountain while making a wish for this trip. Help?

Thank you! And if anyone would like, I can send you the file for the book, which you can easily customize for your own family and your own itinerary. It's 5X7, so easy to carry around in the parks. It includes the four parks, the resort, a page to check off how many Hidden Mickey's she's found, and several pages for autographs. Including a page to count up her points, instructions, etc... I'm having a great deal of fun making it, and I think it could be a lot of fun in the parks, especially if you tend to visit regularly.

Thank you!
Kristen

Hello!

I was wondering if you got this put together?

We are headed to WDW February 4th-11th, staying at PO-Riverside and I am trying to put together something similar. I would love some ideas. My daughter is also 8. I'm planning on submitting this with her attendance letter so I can (hopefully) get her absences excused. I'm trying my best to keep this educational,fun, and have some new experiences. We have been many times before.

Here is what I have put together so far. I have a general "all" category. A hotel category for our own hotel, plus the ones we will visit on our dining reservations. Then one for each park. Its not meant for her to complete them all, but I would love your input!

I haven't decided on a prize yet. Perhaps $1 per item or maybe a flat amount when she is done, to be added to her spending money.

Its meant to do pictures or short videos and we can put together a little movie after our trip.

All Parks

Take a picture with each of your family members and their favorite character

Count hidden Mickey’s

Hotels

Port Orleans Riverside
  • Swing in a hammock
  • Wrap your hair
  • Sing a tune with YeeHaw Bob
Polynesian

Yacht Club

Beach Club

Grand Floridian

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Greet a Cast Member in each county of World Showcase (Epcot) and learn how to say “Hello” and Goodbye in their language (Video)

Dance with a Mariachi band in Mexico

Become a Viking in Norway

Try your hand at puppeteering in China

Try a sweet treat in Germany

Italy

America

Pick a pearl in Japan

Morocco

France

Make a call in the United Kingdom

Canada

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom
Find D’Vine

Hello!

I was wondering if you got this put together?

We are headed to WDW February 4th-11th, staying at PO-Riverside and I am trying to put together something similar. I would love some ideas. My daughter is also 8. I'm planning on submitting this with her attendance letter so I can (hopefully) get her absences excused. I'm trying my best to keep this educational,fun, and have some new experiences. We have been many times before.

Here is what I have put together so far. I have a general "all" category. A hotel category for our own hotel, plus the ones we will visit on our dining reservations. Then one for each park. Its not meant for her to complete them all, but I would love your input!

I haven't decided on a prize yet. Perhaps $1 per item or maybe a flat amount when she is done, to be added to her spending money.

Its meant to do pictures or short videos and we can put together a little movie after our trip.

All Parks

Count hidden Mickey’s

Hotels

Port Orleans Riverside
  • Swing in a hammock
  • Wrap your hair
  • Sing a tune with YeeHaw Bob
Polynesian

Yacht Club

Beach Club

Grand Floridian

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Greet a Cast Member in each county of World Showcase (Epcot) and learn how to say “Hello” and Goodbye in their language (Video)

Try your hand at puppeteering in China

Italy

America

Pick a pearl in Japan

Morocco

France

Make a call in the United Kingdom

Canada

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom
Find D’Vine

These are great! Ok, here are some of the ones that I've used for each park. We're staying at AKL, and I'm currently researching the info about that resort (we've never been!), to put that list together. In general, I've put together about 10 things per park, more or less...

For her prize, I've ordered a little trophy (cost about 7 dollars), personalized with her name and "Great Disney Scavenger Hunt 2017."

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Take a walk on the suspension bridge
Can you spot an animal from our balcony?
Help feed the Flamingos!
Which little wooden animal should we bring home?
Can we see the animals at night? (Hint... you might need to wear these) (Night vision goggles)
Can you find the colorful Ijele mask?
Make a rubbing of an animal from the medallion on the lobby floor
Our room number
Relaxing on a rocking chair after a long day at the parks
A new pressed penny
Beanie tucked in bed (her stuffed animal that she takes everywhere)

Epcot

The mural outside of our favorite ride (Spaceship Earth)
Before taking off on Soarin' (It'll be her first time riding)
Find a Hidden Mickey amongst the plants in "The Land"
Help Agent P solve a mystery
Make a call in an English phonebook (UK)
Can you find the paintings by the lake? (France)
With a giant troll (Norway)
Enjoy your favorite snow cone (Japan)
Under a Chinese Umbrella (China)
Wear a sombrero (Mexico)

Animal Kingdom
Find your favorite animal in the Tree of Life
Dig for Dinosaur fossils
Your favorite animal that you find on Safari
Play the drums
Earn a Wilderness Explorer Badge
The tallest mountain in the world (don't worry, you don't have to ride!)
A Safari Mickey
A colorful truck
Under the Bodhi tree
Help the Lion Guard

Magic Kingdom
You... in mouse ears!
Can you pull the sword from the stone?
Find a statue of Walt & Mickey
A spooky cart... without a horse
A new pin after trading
The backside of water!
A spitting camel
Look like a pirate!
The view from the People Mover
All wet after a log ride with Brer Rabbit

Hollywood Studios
A statue of a famous Muppet
Keep your eyes out for spilled paint... you might just find a Hidden Mickey in the mess
You'll be "singing in the rain" with this umbrella on a lampost
In New York City
Can you find the handprints of the man who gave us Star Wars?
Trade with a Jawa!
Be careful, it's an AT-AT!
Keep those elbows off the table or you'll be standing in the corner! (We're having dinner at 50's Prime Time)
Find a giant crayon in your favorite color?
With Gertie the Dinosaur

Extras
Our car loaded up with luggage
Getting an autograph from any character
Aboard a Disney bus
A bag filled with souvenirs
A filled out travel journal
All our magic bands in one picture
All three of us together!

I've also added a few extra pages to the "book," one to track how many hidden Mickeys she finds, and several pages for Autographs.

I love some of your ideas for the parks! Mind if I use some of them?

These are great! Ok, here are some of the ones that I've used for each park. We're staying at AKL, and I'm currently researching the info about that resort (we've never been!), to put that list together. In general, I've put together about 10 things per park, more or less...

For her prize, I've ordered a little trophy (cost about 7 dollars), personalized with her name and "Great Disney Scavenger Hunt 2017."

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Take a walk on the suspension bridge
Can you spot an animal from our balcony?
Help feed the Flamingos!
Which little wooden animal should we bring home?
Can we see the animals at night? (Hint... you might need to wear these) (Night vision goggles)
Can you find the colorful Ijele mask?
Make a rubbing of an animal from the medallion on the lobby floor
Our room number
Relaxing on a rocking chair after a long day at the parks
A new pressed penny
Beanie tucked in bed (her stuffed animal that she takes everywhere)

Epcot

The mural outside of our favorite ride (Spaceship Earth)
Before taking off on Soarin' (It'll be her first time riding)
Find a Hidden Mickey amongst the plants in "The Land"
Help Agent P solve a mystery
Make a call in an English phonebook (UK)
Can you find the paintings by the lake? (France)
With a giant troll (Norway)
Enjoy your favorite snow cone (Japan)
Under a Chinese Umbrella (China)
Wear a sombrero (Mexico)

Animal Kingdom
Find your favorite animal in the Tree of Life
Dig for Dinosaur fossils
Your favorite animal that you find on Safari
Play the drums
Earn a Wilderness Explorer Badge
The tallest mountain in the world (don't worry, you don't have to ride!)
A Safari Mickey
A colorful truck
Under the Bodhi tree
Help the Lion Guard

Magic Kingdom
You... in mouse ears!
Can you pull the sword from the stone?
Find a statue of Walt & Mickey
A spooky cart... without a horse
A new pin after trading
The backside of water!
A spitting camel
Look like a pirate!
The view from the People Mover
All wet after a log ride with Brer Rabbit

Hollywood Studios
A statue of a famous Muppet
Keep your eyes out for spilled paint... you might just find a Hidden Mickey in the mess
You'll be "singing in the rain" with this umbrella on a lampost
In New York City
Can you find the handprints of the man who gave us Star Wars?
Trade with a Jawa!
Be careful, it's an AT-AT!
Keep those elbows off the table or you'll be standing in the corner! (We're having dinner at 50's Prime Time)
Find a giant crayon in your favorite color?
With Gertie the Dinosaur

Extras
Our car loaded up with luggage
Getting an autograph from any character
Aboard a Disney bus
A bag filled with souvenirs
A filled out travel journal
All our magic bands in one picture
All three of us together!

I've also added a few extra pages to the "book," one to track how many hidden Mickeys she finds, and several pages for Autographs.

I love some of your ideas for the parks! Mind if I use some of them?

Please feel free!!! Thank you for these! I'll let you know when I add more if you want them.

Here is what I have so far! Thanks for your help! I did borrow a few from you. I'm still working on Disney Springs.

All Parks

Count hidden Mickey’s (Pictures!)
It’s a small world after all… Spot a family friend from home!

Hotels

Port Orleans Riverside
  • Swing in a hammock
  • Wrap your hair

• Sing a long with Yee Haw Bob
Polynesian
  • Try to pronounce the village names around this resort (Pago Pago, Moorea, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Rorotonga, Samoa, Niue, Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu)
Yacht Club
  • The ships will find their way home with this to light their way (Light House)
Beach Club
  • Your favorite dessert! As big as the Kitchen Sink (Beaches & Cream)
Grand Floridian
  • Show off your twirl with music from the Pianist in the Lobby of this Grand Resort

Magic Kingdom

Shake hands with a Citizen on Main Street (Mayor, Socialite, Suffragette, Fire Chief)
Say a pledge and pay tribute to our flag and our veterans at this event (Flag Retreat)
Get your acting bug in this Enchanted Tale (Enchanted Tales with Belle)
"Whoso pulleth out this sword from this stone and anvil is rightwise king, born of England." (Sword in the Stone)
Take a ride on this Environmentally-Safe attraction with a view from above (People Mover)
Conquer this mountain that is Astronaut Gordon Cooper Approved! (Space Mountain)
These stairs will summit you to the top of special tree house. How many are there? (Swiss Family Tree-House – 116 stairs)
Just beyond a Caribbean adventure, fend of Captain Jacks enemies with an interactive quest (A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas)
These logs won’t roll, but you will need to ride them to explore Fort Langhorn (Tom Sawyer Island)
Take your family to a “Laughing Place” in the Briar Patch (Splash Mountain)
Learn the call of the Town Crier (Muppets in Liberty Square)
Make a Wish at night (Wishes)

Epcot

Try to be a puppeteer in China
Watch the flags wave in Italy - Flag Wavers of Sansepolcro
Name that tune in America with the Voices of Liberty
What great moments in history do you recognize in the American Adventure show?
Pick a pearl in Japan
Find a Treasure in Morocco ( Walking tour)
Its not the Tower of Terror in France, what kind of tower will you see being built?
You will be aMAZEd in the United Kingdom
You’ll find lots of these falling in Canada.

Hollywood Studios
Can you find the handprints of the man who gave us Star Wars? (in front of the Great Movie Ride)
Trade with a Jawa! (Star Wars Launch Bay)
Lights! Camera! Action! Be a part of classic film! (Great Movie Ride)
Enroll in this Academy to be a part of this historically popular film (Jedi Academy)
Challenge a family member for the highest score in Andy’s Room (Toy Story Mania)

Animal Kingdom
Find D’Vine
The Wilderness is calling! Earn a Wilderness Explorer badge
What is your favorite animal? Can you find it in theTree of Life
Take a ride on the tallest mountain in the World (Expedition Everest)
Make a pre-historic discovery (The Boneyard)
Follow the path of the Anandapur Royal Forest and find your ROAR (Maharajah Jungle Trek)
Take Flight with exotic Wonders of the World (Flights of Wonder)
End your day celebrating nature and discovery at the Carnivale (Discovery Island Carnivale)
Become a conservation expert with at least one of these (Conservation Station)

• Animal Encounters Stage
    Enjoy fun shows starring a rotating roster of animals that offer an up-close peek into the habitats of our wildlife friends.

• Song of the Rainforest
    Join Grandma Willow for a 3D audio journey through a rainforest and experience the wondrous serenade of nature.

• Veterinary Treatment Room
    This healing facility—viewable through an expansive glass window—offers a unique look into the “hands-on” care of the park’s animals.

• Backstage Tour
    Spy many of the park’s most popular creatures in their backstage habitats using “animal cams” that you control.

• Eco-Web
    Discover the conservation efforts taking place around the globe and in your community.

• Nutrition Center
    Watch handlers prepare meals for the park inhabitants and discover the diets of some of the world’s most fascinating creatures.

• Amphibian, Reptile and Invertebrate Windows
    Glimpse tarantulas, scorpions, millipedes and snakes at this creepy-crawly spot.

• Science Center
    Take a look inside the lives of our actual working scientists as they study and learn about wildlife all around the world.

Disney Springs
If you can’t take a bus, how will you arrive here (boat)

Here is what I have so far! Thanks for your help! I did borrow a few from you. I'm still working on Disney Springs.

All Parks

Count hidden Mickey’s (Pictures!)
It’s a small world after all… Spot a family friend from home!

Hotels

Port Orleans Riverside
  • Swing in a hammock
  • Wrap your hair

• Sing a long with Yee Haw Bob
Polynesian
  • Try to pronounce the village names around this resort (Pago Pago, Moorea, Hawaii, Bora Bora, Rorotonga, Samoa, Niue, Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu)
Yacht Club
  • The ships will find their way home with this to light their way (Light House)
Beach Club
  • Your favorite dessert! As big as the Kitchen Sink (Beaches & Cream)
Grand Floridian
  • Show off your twirl with music from the Pianist in the Lobby of this Grand Resort

Magic Kingdom

Shake hands with a Citizen on Main Street (Mayor, Socialite, Suffragette, Fire Chief)
Say a pledge and pay tribute to our flag and our veterans at this event (Flag Retreat)
Get your acting bug in this Enchanted Tale (Enchanted Tales with Belle)
"Whoso pulleth out this sword from this stone and anvil is rightwise king, born of England." (Sword in the Stone)
Take a ride on this Environmentally-Safe attraction with a view from above (People Mover)
Conquer this mountain that is Astronaut Gordon Cooper Approved! (Space Mountain)
These stairs will summit you to the top of special tree house. How many are there? (Swiss Family Tree-House – 116 stairs)
Just beyond a Caribbean adventure, fend of Captain Jacks enemies with an interactive quest (A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas)
These logs won’t roll, but you will need to ride them to explore Fort Langhorn (Tom Sawyer Island)
Take your family to a “Laughing Place” in the Briar Patch (Splash Mountain)
Learn the call of the Town Crier (Muppets in Liberty Square)
Make a Wish at night (Wishes)

Epcot

Try to be a puppeteer in China
Watch the flags wave in Italy - Flag Wavers of Sansepolcro
Name that tune in America with the Voices of Liberty
What great moments in history do you recognize in the American Adventure show?
Pick a pearl in Japan
Find a Treasure in Morocco ( Walking tour)
Its not the Tower of Terror in France, what kind of tower will you see being built?
You will be aMAZEd in the United Kingdom
You’ll find lots of these falling in Canada.

Hollywood Studios
Can you find the handprints of the man who gave us Star Wars? (in front of the Great Movie Ride)
Trade with a Jawa! (Star Wars Launch Bay)
Lights! Camera! Action! Be a part of classic film! (Great Movie Ride)
Enroll in this Academy to be a part of this historically popular film (Jedi Academy)
Challenge a family member for the highest score in Andy’s Room (Toy Story Mania)

Animal Kingdom
Find D’Vine
The Wilderness is calling! Earn a Wilderness Explorer badge
What is your favorite animal? Can you find it in theTree of Life
Take a ride on the tallest mountain in the World (Expedition Everest)
Make a pre-historic discovery (The Boneyard)
Follow the path of the Anandapur Royal Forest and find your ROAR (Maharajah Jungle Trek)
Take Flight with exotic Wonders of the World (Flights of Wonder)
End your day celebrating nature and discovery at the Carnivale (Discovery Island Carnivale)
Become a conservation expert with at least one of these (Conservation Station)

• Animal Encounters Stage
    Enjoy fun shows starring a rotating roster of animals that offer an up-close peek into the habitats of our wildlife friends.

• Song of the Rainforest
    Join Grandma Willow for a 3D audio journey through a rainforest and experience the wondrous serenade of nature.

• Veterinary Treatment Room
    This healing facility—viewable through an expansive glass window—offers a unique look into the “hands-on” care of the park’s animals.

• Backstage Tour
    Spy many of the park’s most popular creatures in their backstage habitats using “animal cams” that you control.

• Eco-Web
    Discover the conservation efforts taking place around the globe and in your community.

• Nutrition Center
    Watch handlers prepare meals for the park inhabitants and discover the diets of some of the world’s most fascinating creatures.

• Amphibian, Reptile and Invertebrate Windows
    Glimpse tarantulas, scorpions, millipedes and snakes at this creepy-crawly spot.

• Science Center
    Take a look inside the lives of our actual working scientists as they study and learn about wildlife all around the world.

Disney Springs
If you can’t take a bus, how will you arrive here (boat)

These are awesome! I love the wording of some of these! I'll definitely borrow some of these :)

Hi all,

We're heading to the "happiest place on earth" in January, and as we (my 8 year old daughter and I) go every year, each time I try to do something different in an effort to make that particular trip special in it's own way. This year, I'm working on a scavenger hunt book that I'll give her as we arrive at our resort. The instructions are simple, she has to find, or do, the things mentioned in the list, and take a picture. The plan is, that once we get home, we can print out all the photos and make a scrapbook of this year's Disney adventure.

This year, we're staying at CBR, and I'm having a bit of trouble compiling the list for that resort. I haven't been there in several years, and I honestly don't remember the things that make this resort "special" (We were there briefly and spent no time at the resort). Can anyone of you wonderful people give me a few hints? So far I've asked her to take a picture of the time we officially start our vacation on the lobby clock, to find the flag of the country that our village is named after, and to throw a penny in the fountain while making a wish for this trip. Help?

Thank you! And if anyone would like, I can send you the file for the book, which you can easily customize for your own family and your own itinerary. It's 5X7, so easy to carry around in the parks. It includes the four parks, the resort, a page to check off how many Hidden Mickey's she's found, and several pages for autographs. Including a page to count up her points, instructions, etc... I'm having a great deal of fun making it, and I think it could be a lot of fun in the parks, especially if you tend to visit regularly.

Thank you!
Kristen

I would love to have the file for the book! I am going with my extended family, 4 different families and would love to have this for the kids to do. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us - it is very appreciated.

this is such an amazing idea... we are going down for our 5th family trip and this would be awesome for my 4 yr old daughter to do with her cousins 12 and 10... if you wouldnt mind i would love the file for the book. i would greatly appreciate it. and thanks for coming up with something so amazing to add more magic to the vacation

Wow what a great idea! I tend to think up this stuff on the fly when we are trapped in line, but ooooooh planning ahead.... Nice! thank you very much for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter