Disney Video Games

Chernadan

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this is the right forum for a discussion about Disney video games or even if there is another thread about this (Though I didn't see one). But we can't forget some of the excellent video games that Disney has done or has been a part of.

If anyone or if anyone's children has played Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Epic Mickey or other video games then by all means give a review!:goodvibes

For me, I loved playing the Kingdom Hearts series. The story was great, interacting with the Dis characters was amazing! Each character in its own environment, it almost felt like I was part of that world through the eyes of the main character of the game. Having Donald and Goofy along as near constant companions didn't hurt either.

Anyone have a favorite moment from those games?

If you haven't tried playing them you should. These are great games. :3dglasses

I think Kingdom Hearts is an inspired combination of two seemingly opposite worlds, and a fun game to boot. A little convoluted in the plotting, but that's Squenix. Definitely worth playing, though, especially for Disney fans. How about KHIII, already?

I found Epic Mickey to be a flawed video game mechanically (the camera is pretty much broken) but it really is a love letter to forgotten Disney properties. My DF literally squealed with delight at the Newsies reference. It's moments like that that make EM a worthy play. Also, the Mickey figurine that came with the special edition was pretty sweet and well worth the purchase.

I have to say, though, that my favourite Disney video games are the 8-bit Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers games for the NES. Challenging level design and precise game mechanics made them fun to play even when I was a little kid.

Yeh! this is the right place to discuss all about entertainment, and Kindom heart is the best Disney game.

Totally agree about the broken camera functionality of EM. It was a bit disappointing but I did love the references to forgotten or long under-utilized Dis properties. The Newsies refernce!!! Lol. My DW also flipped about that. She was like "What did that just say? Really!?!?!? That's awesome! Let me play!" Which was how I lost my game and she took over but hey thats ok. We play together so it works out.

KHIII! Yes please. I don't even know if thats in development by Squeenix. Anyone heard anything about it? I know the plot can be convoluted and sometimes the storytelling makes you say "What?" but I can't help but enjoy those games. I'm a sucker for it.

Even with all the great modern games coming out, my favorite Disney video game of all time is still "Walt Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour." I had the Playstation version, and it is AMAZING! You get to sit in a little car, pretend you're a Disney character and race throughout Disney World attractions! There are secret passageways in the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain too. My kids and I play it when we need our Disney fix. Background music is awesome as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-World-Quest-Magical-Playstation/dp/B00004RBON

:yay::yay::yay:

Even with all the great modern games coming out, my favorite Disney video game of all time is still "Walt Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour." I had the Playstation version, and it is AMAZING! You get to sit in a little car, pretend you're a Disney character and race throughout Disney World attractions! There are secret passageways in the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain too.

That sounds amazing! I've never played that but I'm definitely going to check it out now. Good way to get your fix in for sure.:rotfl:

That sounds amazing! I've never played that but I'm definitely going to check it out now. Good way to get your fix in for sure.:rotfl:

It truly is the coolest game ever. I'm disappointed that they never created an updated version for Wii. If you buy it on Amazon for your Playstation, I guarantee you won't regret it! It's only about $10 and you can play for hours! You unlock different pieces of the fireworks machine for Jiminy Cricket in Magic Kingdom. Whenever my kids have a snow day from school, we sit and have racing competitions all day. Totally worth it! If you buy it, come back on and let us know how you like it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter