• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa 0% interest on pre-purchased onboard credit

On the one hand this always felt like something that shouldn't really work. But on the other, I definitely took advantage of it in the past and am sad to not be able to do it anymore.

I’ve called chase twice. Every time they say it qualifies and was just an error. First time the agent only put to check over my statement but wasn’t specific to say to check my $1500 from DCL so they just said my promotion I already had in August was fine so I called back AGAIN and this time the agent said he would be specific to say to review the $1500 and add it to a promotion. I’ll update when I hear again or if it reflects on the interest saving that I owe for the month.

I had my travel agent buy the gift and OBC. place holder I tried to buy onboard but the stupid app wouldn't let it go through. Shore side had to process my payment after we got home.
Thank you for the info. I didn’t know agents purchase the gifts as well. I think I’m gonna go for it and purchase through my agent. the cruise isn’t till March but I’ll update when I know if mine was processed 0%.

Thank you for the info. I didn’t know agents purchase the gifts as well. I think I’m gonna go for it and purchase through my agent. the cruise isn’t till March but I’ll update when I know if mine was processed 0%.
Keeping my fingers crossed it works for you. I have my agent do all of that stuff for me. I know I can do it, but since she is getting a commission on my cruise, I believe (and I could be wrong) that everything we spend through her counts. Even if it doesn't I opt to go through her so if there are any issues she handles it all so I might as well have her do all the work. She does my food allergies and staff requests as well.

After escalating my charge they said it was rung in as a “floral” purchase and it did not qualify. They said it could have been disputed and then resubmitted by DCL but our trip already occurred so they said I can pay it off or put it on a payment plan with fees each month. Best of luck to anyone who tries it. Looks like someone two weeks after us was successful though.

Any TA's here that have successfully done this for their clients, can you message me?
I'm not a TA but I have done it for myself. I call and say "I want to prepay gratuities." They ask how much and I give the total amount to put on my onboard account. But we don't put lots extra in advance, so it probably is still reasonable as "gratuities."

I'm not a TA but I have done it for myself. I call and say "I want to prepay gratuities." They ask how much and I give the total amount to put on my onboard account. But we don't put lots extra in advance, so it probably is still reasonable as "gratuities."
Thanks. I'm looking for how a TA does it so that I can do in the future if my clients request. I even called Disney's Earmarked TA support, they told me how they do it, and it didn't work for me. So I was hoping someone who has actually done it for their clients could share how.

Thanks. I'm looking for how a TA does it so that I can do in the future if my clients request. I even called Disney's Earmarked TA support, they told me how they do it, and it didn't work for me. So I was hoping someone who has actually done it for their clients could share how.
I'm a TA and have done it. What specifically did you try to do and how did it not work? Feel free to message me.

I put $1000 on my on board account and my gratuties were already added on my reservation. Zero issues. Same with purchasing a gift to be placed in the room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter