Disney Visa 0% package offer

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
Can someone explain to me how this works. Specifically, can I obtain a 'package' with my Disney Visa (I just received in mail today) and still keep my AAA discount? I had planned on getting park passes through ticketmania.com and since I have an 11 year old, decided to pass on the MYW dining.

What benefits (if any) are there to doing this kind of package?

Thanks,
Vicki

I used my Disney Visa to place the deposit on my package booked through AAA. The charge comes through from the Walt Disney Travel Company, so it is interest free for 6 months if I don't pay that balance at the end of the month. I run through all my household charges on the card and pay it off each month in order to get the reward dollars.

I am not making another trip payment until my balance is due. You need to have a zero balance on your card before you put the package charges on your card in order to truly have zero interest for 6 months, as your cardmember agreement states that payments will be applied to charges with the lowest (or zero) interest rate first, and then the higher rates. If you have a balance of $1000 before you charge your package, you will continue to accrue interest on that $1000 balance while you pay off the zero-interest charges.

Once I charge my package, I won't use the card again. I will try and use up all our reward dollars on the trip.

Good Luck!

:earsboy:

ExPirateShopGirl said:
I used my Disney Visa to place the deposit on my package booked through AAA. The charge comes through from the Walt Disney Travel Company, so it is interest free for 6 months if I don't pay that balance at the end of the month. I run through all my household charges on the card and pay it off each month in order to get the reward dollars.

I am not making another trip payment until my balance is due. You need to have a zero balance on your card before you put the package charges on your card in order to truly have zero interest for 6 months, as your cardmember agreement states that payments will be applied to charges with the lowest (or zero) interest rate first, and then the higher rates. If you have a balance of $1000 before you charge your package, you will continue to accrue interest on that $1000 balance while you pay off the zero-interest charges.

Once I charge my package, I won't use the card again. I will try and use up all our reward dollars on the trip.

Good Luck!

:earsboy:

So, in other words, if you really want to pay off your vacation over 6 months with no interest, you really can't use your card for any other purchases for that 6 months? Seems like a useless feature to me.

BostonRob said:
So, in other words, if you really want to pay off your vacation over 6 months with no interest, you really can't use your card for any other purchases for that 6 months? Seems like a useless feature to me.

Pretty much. However, every card out there does the same thing, applies payments to lower interest purchases first. I have figured I will have to place the balance of my WDW package on my card about 48 days before we arrive to get the reward dollars posted to my account so we can use them while we are there (the whole point of that dumb card!) Then, right before my 6 months are up I will pay off the balance. I doubt I will ever use the card again. I'm currently in the market for my next great credit card reward deal so I can start accruing miles/points for something else!

:moped:

ExPirateShopGirl (wow - that's a lot of typing!) - I haven't done anything with my new card yet. It does say there has to be one purchase on it to receive the $25 Reward offer. I've already paid my deposit on my room. My question is two-fold: If I pay the balance of my reservation now with my Visa card, do I need to zero out that balance before my vacation in order to receive rewards from that charge amount and iif so, will it be enough time for all to process to receive rewards before vacation (starting on May 25th)??

Does this make any sense?????

Vicki

VickiVM said:
ExPirateShopGirl (wow - that's a lot of typing!) - I haven't done anything with my new card yet. It does say there has to be one purchase on it to receive the $25 Reward offer. I've already paid my deposit on my room. My question is two-fold: If I pay the balance of my reservation now with my Visa card, do I need to zero out that balance before my vacation in order to receive rewards from that charge amount and iif so, will it be enough time for all to process to receive rewards before vacation (starting on May 25th)??

Does this make any sense?????

Vicki

No, just charge the remainder of your package. Once that charge hits your statement, the reward dollars will too. Reward dollars need to be transferred to a 'reward card' before you can use them. Sign up for online account access and you can pay your bill and manage your reward dollars instantaneously.

Good luck!!!

:moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter