Disney Visa card with rebates.

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
About a year ago I e-mailed Disney that I'd like to see a Disney Visa or M/C that offer a rebate similar to the GM Card or Delta,etc. They responded with a kurt reply about not wanting any ideas from outside sources,(they just gotten wupped in court over that WWoS thingy). Well, I just read an article that Disney was branding a Visa thru First USA that gives rebates torwards Disney items. I'm looking for sign-up info but haven't found it at either Disney's or First USA's. Anybody have a link ?

There is a thread about this on another one of the boards, it is scheduled to come out 1st quarter of 2003, you can't sign up for it as of yet. One of the employees of the bank this is issueing it is a DIS member and promises to keep us updated. I will try and look for the thread and post a link.

The Wide World of Sports thingy was a lawsuit they lost over who's idea it was to build the complex there at WDW.

The WWoS thingy cost WDW somewhere around $250,000,000.00. Of course it's in appeal for the next decade or so.

We got that curt reply too. I was pretty irritated by the tone of the letter, sort of a "thanks but leave the thinking to us" tone. But I guess they have to cover their a**.

I wouldn't mind having a Disney visa! :)

At the risk of losing my car #3 status ;) I would love a rewards card or even one similar to the old Magic Kingdom Club. Just anything that rewards loyalty to the company.

When we go down for Mardi Gras, we usually use the AmEx, and always got these little fanny packs as part of the 'white glove treatment'.

I am assuming that something similar will be part of the response when we whip out the "Disney Visa"?

...hey look...two Cajuns posting back-to-back!

I talked with someone at BankOne about this yesterday (BankOne is the parent of First USA and will be eliminating the First USA brand in the near future). She was really excited about their partnership with Disney and described it as Disney's first venture into a frequent buyer/frequent stayer program where people could trade their credit card bonuses for trips to Disney parks, etc. I had not heard about the card before she brought it up to me yesterday.

I read somewhere (no link, sorry) that the AMEX partnership would be ending. Larry, they changed the fanny pack to a pin lanyard with a couple of of AMEX pins. My wife traded the AMEX pins for other Disney pins. There's also a 15% discount on purchases of $50 or more at the DD stores (WoD, Team Mickey, DaH, etc). You just have to show your resort ID and use the AMEX card. We "saved" quite a bit.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter