• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa -- if i buy tickets only - is that interest free x 6 months?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am not booking a WDW packaged or room (we have DVC). I know that if you book disney visa gives you 6 months interest free to pay. If you are purchasing tickets only -- does that qualify for the 6 month interest free?

No. The 6 months interest fee is for qualifying packages. It would be nice though!

I purchased a 5 day military ticket (friends and family) at Epcot last month using my Disney Visa and it did qualify for the 0% for 6 months. It was around $281 as I remember.

Hope this helps,
Heather

I purchased a 5 day military ticket (friends and family) at Epcot last month using my Disney Visa and it did qualify for the 0% for 6 months. It was around $281 as I remember.

Hope this helps,
Heather
You may want to double check that it is because it very clearly states it's for vacation packages only.

You may want to double check that it is because it very clearly states it's for vacation packages only.
I understand! :). I already received my statement and it clearly has 6 months of 0% APR. To be honest, I wasn't expecting or even hoping for this as I had fully intended to pay it off like I always do. Other items qualify as well such as someone making a $1000 payment towards his/her DCL cruise to pay down their balance owing. There are others besides "packages" although I completely understand the terms might state otherwise.

YMMV however there are a few others that I have personally seen work with the 0% for 6 months but wouldn't want someone to assume it's guaranteed. Just wanted to share my personal experience.

Thanks,
Heather

I understand! :). I already received my statement and it clearly has 6 months of 0% APR. To be honest, I wasn't expecting or even hoping for this as I had fully intended to pay it off like I always do. Other items qualify as well such as someone making a $1000 payment towards his/her DCL cruise to pay down their balance owing. There are others besides "packages" although I completely understand the terms might state otherwise.

YMMV however there are a few others that I have personally seen work with the 0% for 6 months but wouldn't want someone to assume it's guaranteed. Just wanted to share my personal experience.

Thanks,
Heather
Interesting that this worked for you, but as you stated I would not want anyone to assume that the same will happen for them. Ticket purchases are definitely not included in the 0% APR for 6 months as per Disney Visa website. I have no reason to doubt your word, just stating that the OP should not expect the same pixie dust will blow their way.

To get this Disney visa perk, do I inquire through Disney or Chase? I have a basic package booked.

Did you book your vacation package using a Disney Visa credit card?
If so its an automatic perk that will show on your statement.
Yes, I did. Actually paid half with Disney reward $$ already. Balance is due end of month. Thank you! Have been a Disney Visa card member since day 1 of program and never knew this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter