Disney Visa/Magic Band Question

NDDisneydad

Mouseketeer
Charging purchases to a Chase Disney Visa can save you 10% in select stores in Walt Disney World. Does anyone know that if I 'link' this credit card to my magic band, and pay at the store using my magic band, will I still get the 10% off? We leave in 5 days for WDW and I like the idea of not having to carry around my wallet if I can charge to my magic band to save the 10% at those stores. Thanks!
:cool1:

From what I have read, you still have to carry the card to prove you have it. They can't tell that it is the Disney Visa when linked to your MB.

Unless things have changed recently, you will still have to have the Visa with you to get the discount.

The same is true for AP or DVC discounts.

You don't actually pay with your magic band. The charges go to your room. It's then paid using the card you have on file at the hotel.

So I believe you would have to show your card at the register to get the 10%.

Where do you get a 10% discount at WDW with the card? I have a disney card, but wasnt going to take it. Convince me to.....

unfortunately you still have to show it.
and from my experience of having a disney visa card for 2yrs some cast members force you to mention that you get 10% off or they will not give it to you.
basically even though you know you get it you have to acknowledge that you know you get it.

Where do you get a 10% discount at WDW with the card? I have a disney card, but wasnt going to take it. Convince me to.....

you have to spend $50+ to get the 10%.
idk if there's some stores that don't give it but i know any store i've spent $50+ has given it to me such as the emporium, mouse gears, world of disney, and pop century.

Slightly OT but as an FYI, you don't actually have to use the Disney Visa card to get the discount, just show it. I always do that and then pay cash.

Log into your account at Chase.com and click on the Rewards section. There are links to all the benefits and discounts (various stores and restaurants on property participate).

Slightly OT but as an FYI, you don't actually have to use the Disney Visa card to get the discount, just show it. I always do that and then pay cash.

At the Disney store in DTD, they wouldn't allow us to just show the card. We had to charge the purchase to the card to receive our discount. So be prepared to charge to the card if you want to get the discount.

I was wondering this, and a little bummed about it, because I was also very excited to use my magic band and carry very little. But, I will tuck my Disney card in the back of my cell phone case, so I have it if I need it, but still won't have to "carry" my card -- I was definitely going to be carrying my phone anyhow. :thumbsup2

you have to spend $50+ to get the 10%.
idk if there's some stores that don't give it but i know any store i've spent $50+ has given it to me such as the emporium, mouse gears, world of disney, and pop century.

I was going to mention this. You do have to spend $50 to get the discount, whether paying with visa or just showing it. Unless I get my kids very organized, I don't spend $50 in the gift shop, but I have spent just under 50 in a lot of gift shops...:sad1:

I was going to mention this. You do have to spend $50 to get the discount, whether paying with visa or just showing it. Unless I get my kids very organized, I don't spend $50 in the gift shop, but I have spent just under 50 in a lot of gift shops...:sad1:

With all the homogenized products I try to hold off on my purchases till I get to World of Disney downtown.

I take photos of the stuff I want while at the parks and then look for them all in one place, then and only then if I can't find it do I go back and buy it where I saw it. Its a hassle if I have to go back, but thats very rarely happened.

although now I wonder if I could just snap the barcodes, call up park merchandising and place my order over the phone with them to get my discount. Their websites know if I'm using a Disney Visa as soon as I finish entering the first set of 4 digits. I'd have to pay shipping but then everything arrives safely, although I wonder if they would ship to the resort if I did it early enough, probably not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter