disney Visa offering a $200.00 gift card question

Not sure if the offer is still available now but I received the same offer in 2012 and my wife and I BOTH applied for the Visas and we each received $200 GC's. As we had free QS on our trip we used these for souveniers and a character meal for our grandaughter.

Finally got the Visa Rewards offer last week! Applied and approved! AND mine was for $200 gift card for the regular, no annual fee basic rewards card. That one usually only had $50 or $100 offer in the past. I was actually planning on applying for the Premier Disney Visa for the higher earning value, but will just take this one (and the $200) for now. I'm thinking I may even get another offer down the road to upgrade to the premier card. :thumbsup2

My husband also received the $200 offer for the regular, no-fee card while we were planning a Disney trip a couple years ago. A couple months before our trip, we requested a redemption card with all our reward dollars and used it online toward our park tickets. While we were at Disney, we called to have our latest reward dollars added to the redemption card and used it on lunch in DHS.

Now, we use our Disney card for most things. We always pay off all cards monthly, so we pay no fees. It's a nice way to think about Disney all year long, with a castle on my card, and it's fun to see our reward dollars adding up. DH is not a huge Disney fan, so it will help me squeeze days at Disney into all future Florida trips. :cool1:

FYI I just applied today and the offer was $200 for the premiere card and $100 for the standard card.

I went with the premiere card - I looked at what I pay for monthly and that 2% on gas and groceries will really add up.

Don't forget, if you pay your other bills online with the Disney Visa (cable, cell phone, electricity, etc) you'll be earning 1% on that as well.

I intend to use mine almost like a debit card Visa- use it then make an online payment from my checking right away. No balance carrying and my rewards pile up.

I just completed this offer.
Ordered the card, about 9 days later it arrived.
Activated the card, took it to Wal-Mart where we grocery shop and purchased a $500.00 Wal-Mart gift card and a pack of gum just to throw it slightly over 500.00 (this is where we grocery shop)
Once the Wal-Mart charge posted to my online account (about 3 days) I paid it off online.
Within a week our Disney $200 gift card arrived in the mail!

I was trying to do it all quickly as we head for Disney later in October and I wanted it to use on this trip. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if its possible to get both the premiere card (for the $200 gc) and the standard (for the $100 gc) so then you'd have a total of $300 in gift cards?
Also, in reading the fine print on the website it said only first time cardholders were eligible... does that just mean if you're a first time Disney cardholder or any chase visa? I already have a regular chase visa so I wanted to make sure. Thanks for any insight!

Does anyone know if its possible to get both the premiere card (for the $200 gc) and the standard (for the $100 gc) so then you'd have a total of $300 in gift cards?
Also, in reading the fine print on the website it said only first time cardholders were eligible... does that just mean if you're a first time Disney cardholder or any chase visa? I already have a regular chase visa so I wanted to make sure. Thanks for any insight!

We were able to get one in my name and one in my husband's to receive both offers.

It only applies to Disney....not any chase card :). We have had a chase card before.

We were able to get one in my name and one in my husband's to receive both offers.

It only applies to Disney....not any chase card :). We have had a chase card before.

Woohoo! This is the best news I've heard all day :) Signing up soon!!

I just got an offer for the $200 in the mail today!! Can my $500 be used toward paying off a balance for a trip? Also can I use the $200 gift card toward a balance or is it only for souvenirs and stuff?

Have any of the rewards sites (My Points, Swagbucks, Sunshine, etc.) ever offered Disney Credit card signups specials? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter