Disney Visa Points?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
Do most of the stores and dining places at Disney Springs accept the card you can get from ChaseVisa with the Disney points I have accumulated?

Do most of the stores and dining places at Disney Springs accept the card you can get from ChaseVisa with the Disney points I have accumulated?
Yes. We have not shopped and dined everywhere, but we have never been refused as Disney Springs.

The points are basically put on a Disney gift card. It just looks different than retail gift cards but it works exactly the same. So yes, it is good anywhere that has electronic payment systems. There are a few carts, walking vendors that don't have credit card readers but they are rare

Something to remember, though, is that when buying merchandise costing $50 or more, you won't get the Disney Visa 10% discount if you pay with the Reward Dollars card. That discount applies only for merchandise put on the Visa card itself.

The Reward Dollars card is literally like a gift card in that respect.

Use the RD card for food or small purchases, and you'll avoid that concern.

IME, it doesn't actually *work* exactly the same. The transaction has to be coded differently by the cashier (as opposed to a regular gift card), so you need to tell the person you are using a reward card before the order is totaled. I've had several situations where cashiers had not encountered the rewards cards previously, did not know how to properly code them, and had to call for help to get the transaction completed. So, yes, they can be used the same way as any gift card, but the transaction itself is just a wee bit different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter