Disney Visa Rewards - "Pay Yourself Back" option

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Has anyone used the "Pay Yourself Back" option to redeem reward points from your Chase Disney Visa, instead of having points put on a gift card? It looks like I can book my resort on my Visa card, and then use points to pay part of my next bill. I just want to make sure it really is that simple, as I've only used the gift card option in the past (and even that was quite a while ago.)

I knew my Ultimate Rewards cards had PYB but wow I didn't even know this was available for the Disney cards!!!

I have always kept a minimum of $10 on my account so that I could transfer them to my card. (If you don't have a card you have to have $20.

It looks like with this pay yourself back option that there is not a minimum!!

BTW I have no idea how there was a 2 cent charge lol.

1710182444948.png

Did this for the first time last month. Was super simple. I actually had several charges that were eligible for PYB on the card. I used it for DVC dues, counter service meals at Disney and genie plus. I could pick any of the charges for the credit.

I just did this with tickets bought through a "3rd party" vendor which is actually Disney (when the tickets came in the mail, they were from Disney Destinations). My tickets that I had purchased showed up as a viable charge on my Disney VISA for this. So I just applied my rewards to that charge and it came off my statement. Woo hoo!

I just did this with tickets bought through a "3rd party" vendor which is actually Disney (when the tickets came in the mail, they were from Disney Destinations). My tickets that I had purchased showed up as a viable charge on my Disney VISA for this. So I just applied my rewards to that charge and it came off my statement. Woo hoo!
Which vendor? Did it say the charge in the cc statement was in the name of the vendor or Disney?

Which vendor? Did it say the charge in the cc statement was in the name of the vendor or Disney?
Not sure I’m supposed to put the vendor name but initials are BWT. Here’s how the redemption showed up. The charge also came through as WDW TICKETS-ONLINE on my Disney VISA statement, not the vendor name.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 16
Not sure I’m supposed to put the vendor name but initials are BWT. Here’s how the redemption showed up. The charge also came through as WDW TICKETS-ONLINE on my Disney VISA statement, not the vendor name.
Things loosened up a little while ago so you can use the whole name. If the name is banned it will show up as like asterisks or something when posted so even then you won't get in trouble. Boardwalk Ticketing isn't on the ban list so far :)

Has anyone used the "Pay Yourself Back" option to redeem reward points from your Chase Disney Visa, instead of having points put on a gift card? It looks like I can book my resort on my Visa card, and then use points to pay part of my next bill. I just want to make sure it really is that simple, as I've only used the gift card option in the past (and even that was quite a while ago.)
I just discovered this feature, and it's great!

We go to Disney parks every few years, and we use the Disney Visa Card exclusively at Disney parks in order to get 10% off at restaurants and stores (that, and the exclusive character meet-and-greets). Then we end up with ~$10 in rewards from those Disney Parks purchases that sit there for 2 years.

With Pay Yourself Back, I have 75 days to use that ~$10 balance to retroactively pay for part of the transaction. What a nice perk. Instead of getting just 10% off, I get the extra 1% off.

Is this only for the Disney Chase Visa with a fee or the free version? We are going to Disneyland in 2.5 weeks and would love to use my rewards this way!

SO... let me make sure I understand, as we are having a situation here (DD can't find EITHER of her rewards cards and she leaves for WDW tomorrow morning).

Does Pay Yourself Back mean that DD can charge meals at Disney to her Disney Rewards VISA card and when she gets the bill, she can use her rewards to pay off those meals?

Does she have to transfer the rewards to her credit card before making the charges, or can she just do it when she gets her credit card statement (that would show the purchases at Disney)?

This could definitely change things around here tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter