Disney Visa Rewards Redemption Card - Disneyland Tickets

ChelsieM

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the Disney Visa Rewards Redemption Card can be used to purchase park tickets online/via the mobile app or it only for purchasing at the ticket booth in the park? Long story short, we were suppose to get the Disney Gift Card for spending so much on the Disney Visa upon receipt, however the gift card never came so they added it my account. Frustrating that they didn't just send the gift card since I knew exactly what I had planned for it and I had no plans to order a Reward Redemption Card yet, I was waiting to build up points.

As a side note, the points were just added and the Redemption Card ordered today but we will next Wednesday so it's crunch time and I'm slightly worried.

I believe you can use it to purchase them online or at the ticket booth. I just booked a trip for next year and used my points toward the trip. It's like using a credit card or gift card as long as the points are loaded. You can use it for literally anything at Disneyland as far as my experiences have gone.

I believe you can use it to purchase them online or at the ticket booth. I just booked a trip for next year and used my points toward the trip. It's like using a credit card or gift card as long as the points are loaded. You can use it for literally anything at Disneyland as far as my experiences have gone.
Thank you! That gives me some peace of mind!

We weren't able to use the rewards card last year to buy tickets online or through the app. We had to go to the ticket booth when it didn't work. It worked there and at the park no problem.

I just checked on the website and you can definitely pay online with the reward redemption card. I ran an order without paying and it worked no problem. I can't confirm the app because I took it off my phone (it drained the battery too much).

I just purchased my tickets yesterday online and was able to use my rewards card.

Just in case you run into problems with the rewards redemption card, you can take it to a Disney Store and use it to buy a Disney gift card (which, by the way, will have no expiration date in CA -- unlike the rewards points which do expire). We do this at the WOD store in DTD. The Disney gift card can be used online or at the parks to buy tickets (and other things).

Last edited:

I don’t know about regular tickets, but I couldn’t buy special event tickets with my points on the app, couldn’t book a dessert party, couldn’t buy max pass, and couldn’t preorder food.

Just in case you run into problems with the rewards redemption card, you can take it to a Disney Store and use it to buy a Disney gift card (which, by the way, will have no expiration date in CA -- unlike the rewards points which do expire). We do this at the WOD store in DTD. The Disney gift card can be used online or at the parks to buy tickets (and other things).
Disney has removed the expiration date on Rewards cards. The last Rewards card I received did not have an expiration date. This was in January 2017, so the change occurred sometime between April 2015 (previous card) and January 2017.

Do the points themselves still have rolling expiration dates? The last time I checked (which wasn't recently), my statement still showed those. The rewards card itself isn't such a big deal, but the points expiration can really get you if you aren't careful.

ETA: Just checked my last statement -- the points still have rolling expiration dates, so if you know you want to use the points for something at the parks and you know you won't be visiting the parks before the expiration date, it can be worth using your points to buy a Disney gift card which won't expire before your trip dates. We know someone who lost hundreds of dollars in points right before a Disney trip because the points expired -- lesson learned the super hard way!

Last edited:
Do the points themselves still have rolling expiration dates? The last time I checked (which wasn't recently), my statement still showed those. The rewards card itself isn't such a big deal, but the points expiration can really get you if you aren't careful.
Good point, there's no change to the expiration dates for the points while they're still on your account and not transferred to a card. I haven't run into a problem yet because I use up all my points for DVC dues and Disney vacations every year.

I don’t know about regular tickets, but I couldn’t buy special event tickets with my points on the app, couldn’t book a dessert party, couldn’t buy max pass, and couldn’t preorder food.

Piggy backing, can I use my redemption points for maxpass?
The post above would seem to indicate that you can't if you're using the app. You might be able to use your rewards card if you purchase MP at the ticket booths or at City Hall.

Piggy backing, can I use my redemption points for maxpass?

The post above would seem to indicate that you can't if you're using the app. You might be able to use your rewards card if you purchase MP at the ticket booths or at City Hall.

Correct! I was just there in June and couldn’t use my points for max pass. Basically anything purchased through the app I couldn’t use it. I was able to use the points for everything else except Starbucks in downtown Disney and giardelli.

I definitely partially purchased our WDW tickets and room package with Rewards points earlier this year online, though I know you're asking about DLR. I can't speak for app purchases as I've never done that.

Luckily for this trip, I’ll only need them for tickets but this is good to know!

Hoping someone may have experience with this...the Redemption Card has yet to come in the mail and we are leaving in two days. If it doesn't happen to come Monday or Tuesday, I know you can get a Redemption Card right in the park but will I be able to actually transfer my Disney Dollars to it if all the Disney Dollars are set to be available on the card that is in the mail? I read you can have two active cards at once so I'm praying I can get those dollars on that card as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hoping someone may have experience with this...the Redemption Card has yet to come in the mail and we are leaving in two days. If it doesn't happen to come Monday or Tuesday, I know you can get a Redemption Card right in the park but will I be able to actually transfer my Disney Dollars to it if all the Disney Dollars are set to be available on the card that is in the mail? I read you can have two active cards at once so I'm praying I can get those dollars on that card as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I once lost a redemption card in the park!! I went and got a new one, and they told me to call customer service (Disney Chase). While on the phone they were able to transfer everything to my new card quickly. While doing so, they deactivated my lost one. My thought is they can easily do something similar for you. :thumbsup2

I once lost a redemption card in the park!! I went and got a new one, and they told me to call customer service (Disney Chase). While on the phone they were able to transfer everything to my new card quickly. While doing so, they deactivated my lost one. My thought is they can easily do something similar for you. :thumbsup2
Good to know! That may be the solution, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter