Disney Visa

smsles

Earning My Ears
I am about to pay for a 6 night 7 day Disneyland vacation in September. Is it worth applying for a Disney Visa Card to make the purchase. I would pay for it and then pay it right off. My total package is around $3,000. It includes hotel (DLH), tickets, air, transfers. I was not sure what perks I would get with a Disney Visa.

Sue

The answer is yes! First of all I would probably book your airfare separate. I applied for a Disney Visa and we are saving over $1,000 just in our room rate. I don't know how far in advance Disney Visa does their promotions, but I had booked rooms at the DL Hotel for March for $210 per night. I was able to rebook with my Disney Visa and got the rooms for $119 per night which is a huge savings. I know right now the promotion for tickets is pay for an adult get the kids free and that is through April so I am sure there will be another ticket promotion after that.

Wow i have been wonding also if it is worth getting one ! I know i will now , i did not know you could get better room rates with one.
any other perks worth mentioning? :mickeyjum

meandthree said:
I don't know how far in advance Disney Visa does their promotions, but I had booked rooms at the DL Hotel for March for $210 per night. I was able to rebook with my Disney Visa and got the rooms for $119 per night which is a huge savings.

What part of March are you going? We might be changing our April trip to March. With those great rates, it'll be a no brainer to switch months.

You can get room discounts with the Disney Visa?????? Does this apply for WDW?

Just curious, I have been thinking of getting one.

MamaCatNV

Just applied for mine can't wait to see if it will make our May trip cheaper!

We also got the $119.00 rate for February with our Disney Visa and that is such a wonderful savings.... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We are going March 13 - 17. We were able to make our stay longer with this great rate! :cool1: Just so you know it only took a week from the time that we applied until we had the cards in our hands. Not sure about WDW but I do know that you get 10% off on some of the eating establishments and also 10% off on the tours. If you decide to go ahead and book a package you get 6 months interest free to pay for it. I don't think this is the best idea if they are offering the cheap room rate and Disneyland discounts their tickets. It is awesome and I am so excited. It allows us to do so much more. By the way for anyone that is interested, I have the name of a great Vacation Planner at Disneyland that is helping me with surprises for my kids. If anyone wants his name let me know. Planning a trip to Disneyland is so much easier than WDW especially because you have the VPs at your service for no charge! :cheer2: This promotion ends March 16. One of the other great things about the Disney Visa is they have a daily meet and greet at California Adventure with a different character every day. This is only available to Disney Visa members!

meandthree said:
One of the other great things about the Disney Visa is they have a daily meet and greet at California Adventure with a different character every day. This is only available to Disney Visa members!

I knew they did the whole free 5x7 pictures at Ariels Grotto but didn't know about anything else in DCA for a private character meet & greet.. Tell me more!! :banana:

Every day at a set time they do a meet and greet with one of the characters. I think you only get one free 5X7 but they do allow you to bring your own cameras to take pictures. I think it is a huge perk due to the fact the lines in the parks to see the characters is always so long. I believe that these are all done at Ariels Grotto. A friend of mine did it and said they were the only ones there and had plenty of time with the character of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter