Disney Wars

what you like better

• Disneyland

• Walt Disney World

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is impossible to say because they are two completely different experiences.

Now if you want to compare the MK's Disneyland's wins hands down for me.

disneychrista said:
It is impossible to say because they are two completely different experiences.

Now if you want to compare the MK's Disneyland's wins hands down for me.

I totally agree! As you can see below, we sort of go back and forth, and we're always getting asked which one is better. My answer is they're both great, and it depends on many variables which one I'd recommend to people for a specific trip. It's been 1 1/2 years since we were at DL, and we're looking forward to returning in a few weeks! I'm not voting on this one. :confused3

peter pan217 said:
what you like better wdw or DL ill take WDW :cool1: :)

Have you been to Disneyland? I don't see it in your sig.

For me I love them like I do my kids, each equally and impossible to truly compare! (I can't believe I just compared theme parks to my children, I need help!!)

I like both but I like that at Dinsyland everything is not so far a part. At WDW you have to walk alot more it is huge! But it is still fun!

I can't vote for this because I've never been to WDW...yet. Once I do, I'll come back to let you know. However, there's no choice for both. I'll probably like both after my experience!

For me, DL beats the magic kingdom hands down.

As a one for one park experience, you can actually do quite a bit more in DL, in my opinion, than you can in MK. MK just seems lesser: Pirates has no drops. No Matterhorn. No Mr. Toads. NO BLUE BAYOU MONTE CRISTO! Also, having grown up at DL (I fully admit my bias), Going to MK is like being in another dimension. Every ride that loads from the right in California, loads from the left in Florida, and vice versa. The expansive land mass of MK makes it feel less "homey."

That being said: I DO love eating in the castle (although less now, with the price raise, and hence forth *only* Princess experiences. I'm not much of a character meal diner...), so that factor is dwindling for me.

On to other parks....Epcot is educational and fun! MGM has my favorite ride (Tower of Terror)...ours in DCA really kinda blows. Animal Kingdom is OK. I really like the Dinosaur ride, but other than that, it's kinda like a trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park...no table service in that park, either....

SO!

MK vs. DL. Wins HANDS DOWN - Matterhorn and Mr. Toads take precedent....plus...how can people ride Pirates without drops! I'll never understand.

-Tina. DL annual passholder, but I'll be in WDW for the half-marathon in 27 days! (And after running, will ruin my training diet with a nice maple creme brulee from Le Cellier! ;)

I vote for both. Each is special in it's own way. Why is it necessary that one be better than the other?

mickeyfan2 said:
I vote for both. Each is special in it's own way. Why is it necessary that one be better than the other?

Because it's a required question that must be brought up on every disney group in existence every 5.8 seconds...usually by people who haven't been to both. ;)

I like both.

Another vote for Both. Both are magical, just in different ways. And they are both wonderful for what they are.

We have been to both and love both! We couldn't warm up to MK though...it seems like a "not quite as good" copy of DL. The group we travel with plans to head back to WDW soon (not in hurricaine season again...that was scary!) but none of us cares to go back to MK....not that you need to, there is so much to do and see. :earsgirl:

Okay, I have been to both parks now - and as fanatical as I am about Walt Disney World, I am in awe of DisneyLand. Maybe because I've only been there once... but with the exception of the monorail and Innoventions, every attraction that's at both parks in different versions is better at DisneyLand. For example, Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a small world, Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror - all better in California.

I grew up on Disneyland so my memories of our family trips are all precious to me. I love Disneyland for the shorter length trips...which means you can go more often. It's compact and you can do alot of things in a short amount of time.

I do enjoy WDW too, but it's a completely different type of vacation and I always come home feeling too tired. We always cram too much into a week to ever relax. Maybe now that we've purchased DVC we'll take some time to relax since we know we will by going again sometime.

I'm responding as someone who has never been to DL. I just can't see how anything could be better than WDW! :earsboy: But, having said that, we will be going to DL in Oct. 2006 and I can't wait to see the difference. The whole family I think will appreciate less walking! :moped:

I picked Walt Disney World even though I have only been there once and I've never been to Disneyland. WDW has so many more hotels and things to do than Disneyland.

DL is the best.. It feels like Walt put his special touch there.. My family has so many memories there...

I have done wdw and thought it was great, but there is no place like home...

I will go back to WDW, but the sheer expense of a ticket chills me..
When I can get a season pass to DL for $99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter