Disney website not allowing reservation changes

Jfsag123

DIS Veteran
I have been having issues with the WDW website for months, going back to my trip in July. It will not allow me to make changes to resort/package reservations. The button is there and is clickable, but when I click it, it just reloads the "My Plans" page rather than taking me to the page for making changes. I had to make any changes for our trip this year over the phone. This has been the case across multiple reservations, I have tried cancelling and rebooking different things. I have tried on the mobile and desktop versions of the site, on multiple browsers, on multiple devices (phone, tablet, computer) in incognito mode. Nothing works. I have tried contacting Disney directly and their only advice was to clear my cookies/history. I did that, also for multiple browsers. No luck. I hate not being able to simply make changes myself and don't want to have to either call them or cancel and rebook to modify when a discount comes, as I've been making payments on the reservation we have now. Has anyone else had this issue and found anything that works?

I have been having issues with the WDW website for months, going back to my trip in July. It will not allow me to make changes to resort/package reservations. The button is there and is clickable, but when I click it, it just reloads the "My Plans" page rather than taking me to the page for making changes. I had to make any changes for our trip this year over the phone. This has been the case across multiple reservations, I have tried cancelling and rebooking different things. I have tried on the mobile and desktop versions of the site, on multiple browsers, on multiple devices (phone, tablet, computer) in incognito mode. Nothing works. I have tried contacting Disney directly and their only advice was to clear my cookies/history. I did that, also for multiple browsers. No luck. I hate not being able to simply make changes myself. Has anyone else had this issue and found anything that works?
Did you happen to book a bounce back offer? You have to call to make any changes to that type of reservation. Otherwise, I’m not going to be of much help! Sorry you are having problems - good luck!

Did you happen to book a bounce back offer? You have to call to make any changes to that type of reservation. Otherwise, I’m not going to be of much help! Sorry you are having problems - good luck!
Nope, just a regular package. And it was the same for my reservation this summer before bouncebacks were even back. Thank you!

Welcome to Disney IT.

Latest quirk I've seen is RIV no longer shows One Bedroom options. I don't expect it to get fixed. Like the ADR issues I expect these Resort booking issues to just fester and grow slowly...

I personally haven’t had any problems modifying room only reservations (just modified one yesterday), but I’ve seen several posts similar to yours over the past few months, not sure anyone has been able to nail down a reason/cause other than just ‘Disney IT’.

I usually book room only and I just changed resorts, and resort promotions, for a check in under a week away. I had a room booked under the passholder discount, and upgraded the resort, booking it under the Florida resident discount because there weren’t any rooms left under the AP discount. I had no trouble at all.

I can certainly believe that Disney’s IT could be having trouble with packages and not with room only. The first reason I can think of is the deposit and interval payments. I bet their system has trouble moving the money you have paid toward the package. Although my change still appeared under the same confirmation number, the system had to go in and cancel a reservation and book a new one (in fact, it had to do it twice because first I had to switch my existing reservation to the Fla res promo, then change from one hotel to another). With the added components of a package, that’s probably too much for Disney’s customer interface to handle without some CM intervention.

I am sorry this has been so frustrating for you.

Hmm....I may book a room only reservation and see if I can modify it as an experiment. That way I'll at least know if it's an issue with their system and packages or if my account is somehow just messed up. I appreciate the feedback and the sympathy. Their IT issues are so frustrating!

Hmm....I may book a room only reservation and see if I can modify it as an experiment. That way I'll at least know if it's an issue with their system and packages or if my account is somehow just messed up. I appreciate the feedback and the sympathy. Their IT issues are so frustrating!

I ran into this problem with my room only, I got stuck in some feedback loop vortex when I wanted to modify the reservation when a discount dropped. I just gave up, but then the next discount that dropped, it would let me modify. Who knows...

I booked a room only as an experiment and, indeed, it will let me modify that one, but still won't let me modify a package reservation. However, it took me multiple browser attempts to even be able to book it, as it would randomly clear my cart when I would try to check out. I had that issue earlier this year as well booking different reservations. I don't understand why a company of this size can't/won't figure this stuff out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter