Disney website updated

Figment1990

DIS Veteran
Just sharing - I just went to Disneyworld.com to look into making a last minute ADR and they have changed the navigation of the site! Where it used to say Discover, Plan, Book - it now says "Parks, Places to Stay, Things to do, Where to eat, Tickets & Packages". Though more straightforward, I prefer the old way - made me more excited! :cool1:

I've been updating my company's website today, so I guess that's why I noticed it....

I was actually received a survey, when I returned home from my trip about changing the look of their home page.

It was three different websites, and you chose which one appeared the best on many different levels.

Ironically, the new set-up is the one that I chose as the best overall.

At the end, they asked for comments, and I told them you can update the home page all you want, but until you start providing information in the entire website that is easier to find, navigate, and read, that changing their home page wasn't going to do much good.

I noticed this a few hours after they changed it and am sooo glad that they did it before I had done much of the planning for my trip. So completely more intuitive - I kept fumbling to find everything before, but now it makes perfect sense - I always thought that Discover and Plan were very fuzzy concepts.

I did notice while I was making dining reservations, that the confirmation page (I think) still refers to the old navigation. They'll get there, though.

Now if they would only fix the My Disney Vacation site, we'd be a lot better off. I can't believe it still links to that ancient version of the site (at least 5 or 6 years old, I think?) and that it's still so useless and broken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter