• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wedding DVC style???

Well, Dean, our DS told us last night he is engaged again. I put the bug in hes ear about a Disney wedding, because they want to keep it small. I think I could come up with enough rooms for the folks who would be coming and for the couple too. I guess if I'm going to suggest it I better go educate myself about the costs!

My cousin had her wedding a few years back at WDW. Many members of the family owned DVC at the time. I will try to walk you through as much as possible. It too was a family wedding and we had 150 plus members there kids included and welcomed to the ceremony as well as all parties associated with the wedding.
First of all the invitation was a little comic book, about the 2 mouses named Jay and Aimee and how they met, and where they would be married it was adorable!!!!

First night of arrival was a Friday night Mom and Dad OKW owners had a Grand Villa over there and had it catered from some local co, Roast Turkey buffet type of thing. This was the rehearsal dinner that was open to all. After the rehearsal we all congregated over there... Several of the siblings were in the 2 bedrooms upstairs in the Grand Villa. Grandparents were in a 1 bedroom same building.
Day 2 Saturday evening everyone was on thier own during the day. The ACTUAL rehearsal was the night before as I said, But The parents of the groom wanted to plan a party as well. So this was the reception before the reception. The beach at FT Wilderness (were the bride stayed as a child) was rented and we had a Luau private on the beach, A Dj was brought in tents and tables set up. After the meal Micky, Minnie and Goofy and chip and Dale came and played with the kids on the beach. The night was over after we saw the fireworks and electric water parade from the beach.
There were buses that were hired to take the guests fom one event to another BUT thats a whole other thread.

Next morning the wedding was held in the Pavilion. Bride and Groom arrived by Carriage. They had the footman carry the rings etc.. after the ceremony the reception was at a private party at Atlantic dance hall. It was very informal Buffet style by choice. and tables that only sat 4 people this was done purposelly so that people would not sit long but, rather mingle from table to table.
During the reception 3 members walked over to the DVC office at the Boardwalk and Bought at the Boardwalk.

So thats our DVC wedding. In short we had people at OKW maybe 20 total? Boardwalk about 10, 5 at WL. allstars, alot, GF alot and a few at the Poly. The bride and groom stayed in a Garden Suite at the Boardwalk. So that when the reception was over they simply walked home over to the Boardwalk! :wizard:

DVC rooms do count towards room minimums for Custom Weddings. Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings is consantly changing and their newest information is available via the Disney Wedding official website. Note that NOT all options and pricing are listed but it will give you an idea. If they want to get married on a Saturday the minimum now is $20k if they do a custom wedding. That $20k includes everything paid to Disney on the day of the wedding but does not include the tax or service charges.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter