Disney will NEVER build a Villains themed fifth gate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no confirmation whatsoever that Disney has scaled back anything. James Cameron in every interview in the last few months have said many cool and exciting things coming. Yes avatar wasn't the best movie of all time but it's a great movie for a theme park. Beastly kingdom should've could've would've happened but it didn't it's time for something different I'm excited because it's something new and different.

Exactly...where do people get this "Avatar's already been scaled back" idea?:confused3

Well there have been a lot of rumors floating around that the bait ride has been taken out of the plans. But James Cameron hasn't said that.

My understanding is that, at worst, it has been put to a "phase two." However, the last info I have seen was still talking about the floating mountains, etc., which I think are part of the boat ride...which suggests it is still in the pipeline. Hope so. Both rides look pretty great, and I agree that this movie works well with theme park integration. Cameron's touch will hopefully give AKL a whole new fan base.

My understanding is that, at worst, it has been put to a "phase two." However, the last info I have seen was still talking about the floating mountains, etc., which I think are part of the boat ride...which suggests it is still in the pipeline. Hope so. Both rides look pretty great, and I agree that this movie works well with theme park integration. Cameron's touch will hopefully give AKL a whole new fan base.
There is no phase two what is in the plans is what's coming and no more. The insiders that have shared info have said that Disney has not scaled back but won't add anymore. The floating mountains are supposed to be about 150' in height. They will surround the banshee ride building and be part of the boat ride. The boat ride is supposedly going to be part inside and outside. Cameron has also talked about the new animatronics they are working on that which are supposed to be some of the most advanced animatronics ever. I am a strong believer that avatar will be a beautiful land once finished. Yes it wasn't the best movie but that doesn't mean it can't be good in a theme park. Was the song of the south a good movie? But splash mountain is a good ride...

I agree on Avatarland...but yes, Song of the South was a great movie.
Ok it wasn't bad but do most people who walk into that attraction even know that that attraction is based on the movie the song of the south? No most don't especially most youth in America today. That was my point on that kind of. Movies don't have to be good or popular to make a good theme park experience.

Ok it wasn't bad but do most people who walk into that attraction even know that that attraction is based on the movie the song of the south? No most don't especially most youth in America today. That was my point on that kind of. Movies don't have to be good or popular to make a good theme park experience.

I thoroughly agree with you there (and on lots of your other posts I've seen here). I would imagine roughly 80% (if not more) of visitors today have no idea whatsoever that the movie and Splash are related...or that the movie even exists. For better or worse, that is the modern Disney company's fault....and I can acknowledge that some people would see it as to their credit (although I would respectfully disagree with those people!).

...and now back to discussion of the 5th/villains gate!

I thoroughly agree with you there (and on lots of your other posts I've seen here). I would imagine roughly 80% (if not more) of visitors today have no idea whatsoever that the movie and Splash are related...or that the movie even exists. For better or worse, that is the modern Disney company's fault....and I can acknowledge that some people would see it as to their credit (although I would respectfully disagree with those people!). ...and now back to discussion of the 5th/villains gate!
I think a 5th gate will eventually happen but not for a very long time like 20-25 years. Disney needs to work on their other parks and I think they know that as well. Disney is also very focused on DVC and over seas parks.

Not to veer this conversation away from a 5th gate, but curious why you are hoping the worst for Avatarland. (Obviously you're not the only one saying that.) I'll be the first to admit that it would have been nice to stay within the Disney stories or find some original content, but I'm simply happy that they're doing something at DAK on the scale that it seems they are. The concept art looks pretty incredible (if it all comes to fruition), and the Avatar storyline is very consistent with the overall DAK conservation theme. In general, I'm looking at it from the approach that something is finally being added there, and it looks really cool, regardless of a movie overlay, so if Avatar is laid over it, then so be it and I don't see it hurting the project...at least something big is coming that, to me, will vastly improve my opinion of DAK and, along with the nighttime show, will make me want to stay there all day and into the night.

Certainly seems like the original concept of Beastly Kingdom in that area wouldn't have cost any more than the Avatar stuff, so I'm with you in not really understanding why they felt the need to marry themselves to an outside movie, but I guess that's what Uni did with Potter, and it seems to be working out pretty well for them. OK, 7 books/8 movies vs. 1 movie so far, but I'm hoping Disney has been given some insight into the Avatar sequels and feels like it will be a homerun. Time will tell.

I think it's because Disney has SO MUCH they could pull from instead of Avatar. As beautiful as I'm sure it will be, I find it odd that they're making an entire section devoted to a movie that isn't Disney. One attraction, sure... But a whole area? Also, honestly, I think Avatar was VERY overrated. It wasn't bad, but it was not that good. It was basically Pocahontas on another planet. Plus, what if the other Avatar movies are awful? It just seems like a really strange choice to me.

The Batgirl said:
I think it's because Disney has SO MUCH they could pull from instead of Avatar. As beautiful as I'm sure it will be, I find it odd that they're making an entire section devoted to a movie that isn't Disney. One attraction, sure... But a whole area? Also, honestly, I think Avatar was VERY overrated. It wasn't bad, but it was not that good. It was basically Pocahontas on another planet. Plus, what if the other Avatar movies are awful? It just seems like a really strange choice to me.

Its basically Beastly Kingdom with a corporate sponsor. Mythical beasts in mythical land. James Cameron is putting much money into it, which is a big reason it is getting done.

Not sure you have to see or enjoy the movie to enjoy the land and all that it will offer.

Its basically Beastly Kingdom with a corporate sponsor. Mythical beasts in mythical land. James Cameron is putting much money into it, which is a big reason it is getting done.

Not sure you have to see or enjoy the movie to enjoy the land and all that it will offer.

Exactly. the whole reason beastly wasn't built in the first place was because of money. I think avatar will be a great land even if the movie wasn't that great. Movies don't have to be blockbusters to make good theme park experiences. Lion King is one of disneys top films of all time and it does not have a attraction. it has a show and a section in a hotel but no attraction...

Exactly. the whole reason beastly wasn't built in the first place was because of money. I think avatar will be a great land even if the movie wasn't that great. Movies don't have to be blockbusters to make good theme park experiences. Lion King is one of disneys top films of all time and it does not have a attraction. it has a show and a section in a hotel but no attraction...
Except Avatar is the biggest blockbuster of all time. Yes it isn't the best movie, but it has the right content to make a theme park attraction out of.

Harry Potter is the big thing in theme parks at the moment, and they are a terrible set of films, that get progressively worse as the story carries on. They do, however, have a well designed setting which is very important in the whole creating a themed attraction business.

I reckon Avatar Land will be great, even if the movie isn't all that (just like the Mummy, Spiderman, Harry Potter etc.).

Except Avatar is the biggest blockbuster of all time. Yes it isn't the best movie, but it has the right content to make a theme park attraction out of. Harry Potter is the big thing in theme parks at the moment, and they are a terrible set of films, that get progressively worse as the story carries on. They do, however, have a well designed setting which is very important in the whole creating a themed attraction business. I reckon Avatar Land will be great, even if the movie isn't all that (just like the Mummy, Spiderman, Harry Potter etc.).
That is exactly my point!

I do think that there could be a villains based theme park, BECAUSE I think Disney might need a park more for thrill seekers. I think this because one of the major complaints I hear from people is that Disney is too 'kiddy'. I don't believe this but Disney might need to consider it. A villains theme could be a good scene for the park. Does anyone have any other ideas of what the 5th park could be?

I do think that there could be a villains based theme park, BECAUSE I think Disney might need a park more for thrill seekers. I think this because one of the major complaints I hear from people is that Disney is too 'kiddy'. I don't believe this but Disney might need to consider it. A villains theme could be a good scene for the park. Does anyone have any other ideas of what the 5th park could be?

1999 called: it wants its discussion thread back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter