Disney Wish 3 night vs 4 night

asgur5

Mouseketeer
What is the difference between the 3 night vs 4 night? We are looking outside school holiday period so am wondering if there is a big difference between adult to kid ratios given one is on a weekend and the other is not and whether this translates to noticable impact on the experience of the pools, bars, kids clubs (we will have kids with us so we also care aboit their experience as well :) ), adult only areas and overall vibe of the cruise? For instance, on a 3 night cruise are there occassional periods where there arent long queues for the aquamouse or does that only occur on the 4 night cruise because its longer and there are less kids? Are the bars more filled up on the 3 night cruise because its a shorter trip and everyone is rushing to do everything or are they more crowded on the 4 night cruise cos there are far more adults? On the 3 night cruise do the kids clubs ever turn kids away or become so overcrowded that the kids stop enjoying themselves and just want to leave? Or are we way overthinking this?

Obviously all else equal more days on a cruise is better then less but this cruise is part of a larger Florida trip and if we do a 4 night cruise that means one less day for us at disney world and more of the disney world days will be weekends (looking at 9 or 10 days at Disneyworld). So we are trying to juggle the pros and cons. Are there many activities that only happen on a 4 night trip that dont exist on the 3 night trip?

I should also note we have decided to splurge and go Concierge.

You are way overthinking things. Like you, plenty of people are willing to take the kids out of school, or have kids not yet in school, to go on vacation. We’ve done all sorts of cruises on DCL and have never noticed any major changes in crowd composition based on the days of the week where the cruise sails. European cruises have older kids and more seasoned travelers, but Florida cruises are pretty much always the same. Things will seem more rushed on a 3-nights cruise, but one would be hard-pressed to make any significant comparison in terms of lines or crowding.

I doubt you'd see much of a difference. I'd go with 4 nights since you'll get that extra sea day. There might be some small differences like menu offerings but in terms of crowds, it will essentially be the same.

From my experience, there aren't less kids on a 4-night cruise. The advantage of the 4 night is you get more time to enjoy the ship. If you are at all interested in the specialty restaurants, it also gives you a chance to do one (or two if you do brunch) and still do all 3 MDRs (just ask concierge to make sure you have a dining rotation that allows this). We did a 4-night in concierge and spent most of our sea day on the concierge sundeck - other day was Palo lunch and slide and a day on CC. It made for a more relaxing cruise. If you want to attempt to experience everything the ship has to offer (which still isn't even possible on a 4-night), I would pick the longer cruise.

Yeah my coworker just took out her kids for a week to do the four night. Just like people take kids out for the 7 night fantasy cruises all the time—the 4 night is cheaper that 7 though so good for people on a budget or who are new to cruising and aren’t sure they want that much time on a ship.

I also notice a lot more people do get off the ship at Nassau on the 4-night. If you want to do that for Atlantis or Blue Lagoon, the 4 night is better as it really eats into the cruise time on the 3 night.

The kids clubs never turn away kids. But the ship will stop selling rooms to families with 12 and under kids if the # of kids gets too high. That’s how they control it so the club is never over capacity.

You are way overthinking things. Like you, plenty of people are willing to take the kids out of school, or have kids not yet in school, to go on vacation. We’ve done all sorts of cruises on DCL and have never noticed any major changes in crowd composition based on the days of the week where the cruise sails. European cruises have older kids and more seasoned travelers, but Florida cruises are pretty much always the same. Things will seem more rushed on a 3-nights cruise, but one would be hard-pressed to make any significant comparison in terms of lines or crowding.
Thanks. Ok so little difference. Thats the info I was after.

well the difference is there's a sea day on the 4-night. :rotfl:
I would guess a 3-night would be more crowded than a 4. People can take a long weekend off work to do a 3-night. I think our 4-night capacity was at 3600, and then the 3-night after us it was 3900.

are any events or activities added to the 4 night? Is there something special by adding the 4th day?

I don't have a precise answer to your question however from what I've heard from bartenders, the guests drink more on a 3 night than on a 4 night. I guess they do try to pack it all in, in 3 days. ;)

Yeah that doesnt really seem good value.
The value is really in the sea day, IMO. You get a day at Castaway Cay, which most people love. You get a day at Nassau, which some people like to do excursions and others like time to be on the ship. Then you have a day at sea to explore the ship. To me, that sea day is a bonus-three nights seems too short to do everything I want to do. Yes the evening entertainment is "meh," but there's other things to do (and I like the Pirate Night menu so I wouldn't mind that).

I was on a Wish 3-night that got stuck in Nassau overnight due to some (reportedly) engine issues. Because of that and weather, we ended up not being able to get to CC the next day, so we got a bonus sea day. I was bummed to not get to CC (especially since I didn't get off the ship in Nassau), but I loved having an unplanned sea day!

Do the 4 days...you won't regret it. Especially if this is your first cruise. 3 Nights are just too short! After doing 7 nights...4 nights are now not enough, LOL. And don't do anything in Nassau...stay on the Wish and enjoy the ship to yourself.

What is the difference between the 3 night vs 4 night? We are looking outside school holiday period so am wondering if there is a big difference between adult to kid ratios given one is on a weekend and the other is not and whether this translates to noticable impact on the experience of the pools, bars, kids clubs (we will have kids with us so we also care aboit their experience as well :) ), adult only areas and overall vibe of the cruise? For instance, on a 3 night cruise are there occassional periods where there arent long queues for the aquamouse or does that only occur on the 4 night cruise because its longer and there are less kids? Are the bars more filled up on the 3 night cruise because its a shorter trip and everyone is rushing to do everything or are they more crowded on the 4 night cruise cos there are far more adults? On the 3 night cruise do the kids clubs ever turn kids away or become so overcrowded that the kids stop enjoying themselves and just want to leave? Or are we way overthinking this?

Obviously all else equal more days on a cruise is better then less but this cruise is part of a larger Florida trip and if we do a 4 night cruise that means one less day for us at disney world and more of the disney world days will be weekends (looking at 9 or 10 days at Disneyworld). So we are trying to juggle the pros and cons. Are there many activities that only happen on a 4 night trip that dont exist on the 3 night trip?

I should also note we have decided to splurge and go Concierge.
Simply put, 4 days on the boat is no comparison to walking around theme parks. We’ve done parks before and after cruises and the cruise is always the fav! 3 goes by super fast and just not enough. 4 allows you to enjoy a bit more. Especially if you don’t try to fit everything in, photos, etc. Sounds like the vacation in its entirety is going to be great but truly, I’d do the 4 night cruise and lessen a day at the park. The park is going to be crowded regardless so….enjoy that day on the boat……. Enjoy!

The cost per night is typically lower on the longer cruise.

Travel costs are usually the same - getting more vacation for the airfare and port transfers.

If you want to experience all 3 MDRs and Palo, do the 4 night (skipping Pirate menu).

3 nights is 2 days. It really can feel like check-in, unpack, repack and leave.

The 4th night gives you a chance to check out other nighttime activities if you don’t go to the magician / ventriloquist…. Its a good time to try the water ride or enjoy a Funnelvision movie under the stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter