Disney Wish Bump Out rooms obstructed

Laura81

Earning My Ears
I've seen a picture of verandah for room 7072 on the Wish which is in the very middle of the bump out.
I can't post it on here as it doesn't let me but if you Google it's on Mousesteps.com.

I have 9120 booked for a b2b which is also in the very centre.

Looking at a pic of the outside of the ship it looks like the 2 rooms in the centre of the bump and the rooms at each end on decks 6-9 all have an obstruction.

Do you think the bigger balcony is a reasonable pay off for this?

It doesn't bother me massively but it does bother me in so much as I like to know i'm getting best value and when I've paid the same as the cabin to the right who doesn't have that obstruction that annoys me a bit.

I'll try and change beforehand but I have the same room on both cruises and don't want to lose that. If I can't change I may raise it as an issue once onboard.

Be interested in what other people think given that it hasn't been sold with any type of obstruction highlighted.

Do you mean the vertical white structural piece that runs from top to bottom? Disney doesn’t consider that an obstruction. I wouldn’t consider it an obstruction either, but what’s important is how you feel about it. If it bugs you, move to a room that doesn’t have it.

I've seen a picture of verandah for room 7072 on the Wish which is in the very middle of the bump out.
I can't post it on here as it doesn't let me but if you Google it's on Mousesteps.com.

Looking at a pic of the outside of the ship it looks like the 2 rooms in the centre of the bump and the rooms at each end on decks 6-9 all have an obstruction.

It doesn't bother me massively but it does bother me in so much as I like to know i'm getting best value and when I've paid the same as the cabin to the right who doesn't have that obstruction that annoys me a bit.

I'll try and change beforehand but I have the same room on both cruises and don't want to lose that. If I can't change I may raise it as an issue once onboard.

Be interested in what other people think given that it hasn't been sold with any type of obstruction highlighted.

I was in room 9548 and if you're referring to the piece that runs top to bottom on one side of the verandah it's not much of an obstruction. It certainly didn't impact my enjoyment of the verandah.

We were in 10062 and felt the balcony was tiny.. the balcony in a regular veranda is bigger but the room definitely smaller

I think the most helpful thing here would be to know what DCL considers an Obstruction vs what we would consider an obstruction.

I hesitate to think that any midship verandah would be considered "obstructed"

I am wondering if the rooms close to the bump outs on the Disney Wish have balconies that can be opened between rooms. It is difficult to tell. I am looking at a regular verandah rooms category 5A on deck 10 near the bump outs. Hopefully the divider can be opened to obtain one large shared balcony. Did anyone notice if the balcony could be opened?

I am wondering if the rooms close to the bump outs on the Disney Wish have balconies that can be opened between rooms. It is difficult to tell. I am looking at a regular verandah rooms category 5A on deck 10 near the bump outs. Hopefully the divider can be opened to obtain one large shared balcony. Did anyone notice if the balcony could be opened?
We have not stayed in one of those rooms, but I did look at them from our verandah, and from what I could see they had the openable dividers.

We had 7072 back in September and we enjoyed the larger balcony. The "obstruction" was not an issue for us. The balconies do have the doors to connect to adjacent balconies.

We had the center bump-out and the connecting next door. The "obstruction" was not an issue at all for us. The extra space on the verandah from the bump-out was a huge plus for us (we spent a lot of time on the verandah that cruise).

Yes, we had connecting rooms and they opened the divider between the balconies. There is still a partial divider about half-way from the edge of the stateroom to the railing, so it doesn't entirely make one huge balcony, but it still was nice.

The Dream and Fantasy have similar trims and does not consider it to be an obstructed view category in those rooms either. But in practice, yes, I find it to be obstructive. When DH and I both sit on the balcony, so one us is on the side of the obstruction and it does crowd in on the ocean views, like a pillar or a thick pipe on the side of your field of vision.

We also had a bump out on the wish and I didn’t feel the extra space was all that useful. You don’t get reclining loungers-it’s still just two regular chairs. I’d probably prefer a clear view to a bump next time we’re on the Wish.

What exactly is this obstruction? We are looking to book 9070 or 9130 in the Wish. They are midship verandah, not the bigger family one, and cat 5B. I thought cat 6 had obstructions but not 5B. The DCL site for the Wish is terrible about listing obstructions compared to the Fantasy. Thanks

I just uploaded a video of our stateroom to youtube that shows both the "obstruction" on the balcony and the opened divider between balconies. Search for "Disney Wish 7626 Bump out verandah" Might take a few minutes to actually be available to search.

I just uploaded a video of our stateroom to youtube that shows both the "obstruction" on the balcony and the opened divider between balconies. Search for "Disney Wish 7626 Bump out verandah" Might take a few minutes to actually be available to search.
Thanks for posting! We have a "bumpy" room booked for our first cruise this March. I thought I made a terrible mistake until I saw your video. My family doesn't even know we have a verandah!

Thanks for posting! We have a "bumpy" room booked for our first cruise this March. I thought I made a terrible mistake until I saw your video. My family doesn't even know we have a verandah!
This was my mom's first time with a verandah and now she's spoiled! Says it's a must-have now.

It looks to be a bit of the facade running up the side of the ship. I don't recall what category includes that on the Dream/Fantasy but it's similar.
I don’t think it exists on Dream/Fantasy. 6 has the white wall obstruction in front for the actual horizontal balcony part but not on the side vertically. Thanks. I think I finally found a video.

I don’t think it exists on Dream/Fantasy. 6 has the white wall obstruction in front for the actual horizontal balcony part but not on the side vertically. Thanks. I think I finally found a video.
I just posted a video.
Search for "Disney Wish 7626 Bump out verandah" Might take a few minutes to actually be available to search.

I just posted a video.
Search for "Disney Wish 7626 Bump out verandah" Might take a few minutes to actually be available to search.
That's a bigger family one in a different position. I wanted to be sure if the same position on the bump out has the obstruction. Thanks

Concerning the similar structure on the Dream, search youtube for this Cat 5A cabin:

Disney Cruise Line Stateroom 9566 Room Tour on the Disney Dream - Includes Verandah View​

Is the “obstruction” just in the two biggest verandahs of the bump out? Or do other locations have the obstruction as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter