• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish - Let the haters hate, We had a ball!

The pools except for sloshing in heavy seas would not cause a listing issue especially with a modern 144,000 gross tonnage ship with ballast tanks. Having shallow multiple "pools" is a cost savings measure.
Not really. Putting one big sink hole in the ground is easy. Slicing it up with tiled walls and running plumbing independently to each portion can get expensive in a hurry.

As someone who uses a walker, will I not be able to access adult pool areas because of steps? Am I reading what you are saying correctly? Steps outside is how adult area is accessed?

Glad you are enjoyed the wish. If anyone remembers, do you know the hours for the food on the pool deck? Not sure my kids will enjoy one of the restaurant menus and thinking i might need to change to the second sitting if it isn't open late. TY!

Glad you are enjoyed the wish. If anyone remembers, do you know the hours for the food on the pool deck? Not sure my kids will enjoy one of the restaurant menus and thinking i might need to change to the second sitting if it isn't open late. TY!
Each booth has separate hours. Most were open until 9:00 or 10:00. Pizza was open until midnight.

Anyone can order off the kids menu as well as the adult one...or mix and match. DD18 would get a kids salad some nights, adult entree and dessert or kids appetizer/dinner and adult desserts. Or all adult menu items.

The pools except for sloshing in heavy seas would not cause a listing issue especially with a modern 144,000 gross tonnage ship with ballast tanks. Having shallow multiple "pools" is a cost savings measure.
I don't think that you're correct about this. The overwhelming majority of cruise ships have smaller pools and they're almost always right in the middle. All of that is done for balance purposes because water is very heavy.

Besides, as a previous poster said, creating multiple smaller pools is almost certainly most expensive than creating one or two slightly larger pools. More pools requires more plumbing, more tiling, and more staff.

Anyone can order off the kids menu as well as the adult one...or mix and match. DD18 would get a kids salad some nights, adult entree and dessert or kids appetizer/dinner and adult desserts. Or all adult menu items.
My wife ordered a garden salad off the kids menu almost every night. And dessert off the kids menu as well! She does not appreciate fancy food much.

I don't think that you're correct about this. The overwhelming majority of cruise ships have smaller pools and they're almost always right in the middle. All of that is done for balance purposes because water is very heavy.

Besides, as a previous poster said, creating multiple smaller pools is almost certainly most expensive than creating one or two slightly larger pools. More pools requires more plumbing, more tiling, and more staff.
From what I understand larger deeper pools require lots more space below and on cruise ships that's space that can be used for something else which is a cost savings. Just my opinion of course.

If you push 2 tables together you get seating for 6 comfortably or 8 that are squished on 2 of the sides.
But if you separate the tables you get 2 comfortable tables of 4. And 8 people are not bumping elbows.
Are they just opening up the ability to seat additional people around a pool? Seems like a plus to me, but I would not be able to see it in person for a few years.

If you push 2 tables together you get seating for 6 comfortably or 8 that are squished on 2 of the sides.
But if you separate the tables you get 2 comfortable tables of 4. And 8 people are not bumping elbows.
Are they just opening up the ability to seat additional people around a pool? Seems like a plus to me, but I would not be able to see it in person for a few years.
That might be what they thought they were gaining. I'm not sure. In practice though there was just no place for kids to actually play. I didn't see the point of the 6" - 2' pools at all. It was weird.

It's by far my largest criticism of the ship. Overall it was still beautiful and we had a wonderful time. Just a head scratcher of a design decision.

Did shutters offer anything different from the other cruises???

Any new character outfits?

As to the drink situation. They don't have many options in general. It would be nice if they gave more options for both sugar and sugar free. I am one of those people who can not consume any artificial sweeteners. It causes me migraines. I think that some people forget that not everyone can "just drink the diet version". There are so many drinks now that only come with artificial sweeteners that soda is one of the few soft drinks that I can have. It seems as if all of the new drinks, like the flavored waters, etc all have artificial sweeteners in them. Even some of the juices that I used to by have switched to a hybrid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter