• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish maiden voyage & Animal Farm

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
On the famous novel by G. Orwell, it is said that: "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"
Turns out, DCL took that quote to heart.

Looks like for the Wish maiden voyage, there will be booking categories among Platinum castaway club members.
Maiden voyage booking opens for the general public on may 27
And for platinums on May 17th. But only for *some* platinums.
Platinums with 25+ sailings = May 17th
20+ sailings = May 18th
15+ sailings = May 19th
Rest of the platinum peasants = May 20th

All platinums are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Being a peasant, there goes our Dream of doing the maiden voyage.
It will only be for DCL royalty.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.14.22 PM.png

There are probably so many Platinums that they had to break it out this way to avoid a free for all on opening day. It makes sense to me and it gives priority to DCL's most loyal customers. For the record we are lowly Golds, so the Platinum break down doesn't affect us, though. I'm sure many Platinums will feel differently. :flower1:

I am a platinum here and do not mind at all that they split it out. The people that have been on 15+ cruises can definitely book before me. I do not feel slighted at all.
I wouldn’t mind if they would re- do their levels either. I think the people with many cruises under their belts should get priority from Disney.

I’m gold and we are ok with it. Tried to get to platinum last year, but as with everyone, that went up in flames. I have a feeling tho, they are going to be saving some amount of rooms, even if overall not a lot, for all categories. They are going to want to get photos and videos of people experiencing their first time on Disney. The key is being ready at 8:00 am EST on your day to book and hope the online site doesnt crash, bc we know the phone lines will be overwhelmed.

On the famous novel by G. Orwell, it is said that: "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"
Turns out, DCL took that quote to heart.

Looks like for the Wish maiden voyage, there will be booking categories among Platinum castaway club members.
Maiden voyage booking opens for the general public on may 27
And for platinums on May 17th. But only for *some* platinums.
Platinums with 25+ sailings = May 17th
20+ sailings = May 18th
15+ sailings = May 19th
Rest of the platinum peasants = May 20th

All platinums are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Being a peasant, there goes our Dream of doing the maiden voyage.
It will only be for DCL royalty.

Thoughts?

View attachment 571316
Maybe they're setting up the system to include new tiers.

I can understand the frustration of the Platinum being broken down but we have been cruising with DCL since the MV of the Magic so if they want to send some extra love to those with many, many cruises I am not going to say no.

I do wonder how many Platinums there are with over 25 cruises who want to book the MV considering the 20% non refundable deposits. Maybe they will go on to the next Platinum level the same day if the bookings are not as crazy as they expect. Keep in contact with your TA on May 17 or even try calling to see if they open up other levels early.

MJ

Last edited:
LOL. I'm platinum and have no idea how many cruises I've taken. I'm sure I'm with the less then 20s though. I'm more interested in a fall sailing anyway. Hoping for a Mon-Fri.

My family of are seriously considering trying to go on the Maiden. We have a few issues:

1.We are only Gold Castaway so I’m not certain how much inventory will be left

2. Our youngest just turned 10 today and has muscular dystrophy and even now is using a wheelchair for long distances. By next summer he will be using it more so we really need an accessible room. I don’t know if that helps us or hurts our chances.

I know we can afford the cruise but shudder to even think about the cost.

I was pleasantly surprised today to see that the Aqua Mouse appears to not have a stair climb to get on it. My son was always too small to ride the Aqua Duck on our Fantasy and Dream cruises and just trying to think about how to get him up the stairs was stressing me out.

I'm only gold, but I don't see a problem with it. It makes sense to me. The platinum group has gotten large enough to warrant this.

You can go over to the DCL website, under Castaway members page and see your past cruises.

Sorry to go off topic, but where can I locate the Castaway members page? There's 'Castaway Club' under 'My Account', but that just takes me to the different levels. I'd love to be able to go to the page and show my husband when he asks me about my lack of savings 😆

Sorry to go off topic, but where can I locate the Castaway members page? There's 'Castaway Club' under 'My Account', but that just takes me to the different levels. I'd love to be able to go to the page and show my husband when he asks me about my lack of savings 😆

When I am logged in and select "Castaway Club" under "Already Booked," I see my name, email, level, and number of cruises at the top of the page.

Platinum here but I don't care how they break it down. I would never pay the cost of a maiden voyage, ever. DH and I were discussing it just today and we both agreed, for us, it's a waste of money. We booked the second sailing of the Fantasy just to avoid the maiden, turns out they switched first sail date so we actually ended up on the third sailing. So would you be prepared if the same thing happened on the Wish? If they switched the first sailing a few months before? Are you prepared to lose your 20% deposit if something happens that you can't go? That 20% deposit will be hefty as the cost of a maiden voyage is extreme. Plus you probably will have a large number of new crew who are in the learning stage. Our sailing of the third cruise for Fantasy was a bit of a mess because of this. The dinning staff was all new and one hand didn't know what the other was doing. It wasn't the flawless routine we were used to. Not a huge deal but just not what was expected so be prepared in case.
I know lots love the maiden voyage, I don't mean to slap it down. It's just not for us and you really need to think out all the details before you commit. I do hope everyone who wants to sail gets to. Vacations are to short and to long in between. Good luck to all!

Platinum here but I don't care how they break it down. I would never pay the cost of a maiden voyage, ever. DH and I were discussing it just today and we both agreed, for us, it's a waste of money. We booked the second sailing of the Fantasy just to avoid the maiden, turns out they switched first sail date so we actually ended up on the third sailing. So would you be prepared if the same thing happened on the Wish? If they switched the first sailing a few months before? Are you prepared to lose your 20% deposit if something happens that you can't go? That 20% deposit will be hefty as the cost of a maiden voyage is extreme. Plus you probably will have a large number of new crew who are in the learning stage. Our sailing of the third cruise for Fantasy was a bit of a mess because of this. The dinning staff was all new and one hand didn't know what the other was doing. It wasn't the flawless routine we were used to. Not a huge deal but just not what was expected so be prepared in case.
I know lots love the maiden voyage, I don't mean to slap it down. It's just not for us and you really need to think out all the details before you commit. I do hope everyone who wants to sail gets to. Vacations are to short and to long in between. Good luck to all!

I’m platinum too and 100% agree with everything you said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter