• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish Reserve Whiskey Tasting Lineup Example

JayhawkCruiser

Mouseketeer
If you’re at all curious what you can expect from the Reserve Whiskey Tasting class on the Disney Wish, here was our lineup (also, not sure why they say bourbon in the class title when this is a scotch heavy class):
- Lagavulin 16
- Blantons Single Barrel
- Glenmorangie Signet
- The Macallan Rare Cask Black
- Rare Perfection 15

Scotch is whiskey.

Scotch whisky is made in Scotland with malted barley and water. Distilleries age it for at least three years, but most of them age it for eight to ten

(also, not sure why they say bourbon in the class title when this is a scotch heavy class):
That‘s because, for all tastings, the lineup changes according to the host’s choices and the bottles available onboard. They don’t change the description each time. If they do not have a good bottle of bourbon onboard, they substitute something else. They mention it in the description :

“Tastings may differ, depending on the availability of various distinguished spirits.”

If you’re at all curious what you can expect from the Reserve Whiskey Tasting class on the Disney Wish, here was our lineup (also, not sure why they say bourbon in the class title when this is a scotch heavy class):
- Lagavulin 16
- Blantons Single Barrel
- Glenmorangie Signet
- The Macallan Rare Cask Black
- Rare Perfection 15
Although Bourbon is one type of whiskey, there are others, including Scotch (usually spelled whisky, without the e) and Irish versions. The title promises a reserve Bourbon Whiskey tasting, while the detailed description says Bourbon and Whiskey. A sloppy title at a minimum, since the cruiser might well expect just reserve Bourbons rather than a combination of Bourbons and other high-end whiskeys. DCL also does a Bourbon tasting, but without the focus on the high-end reserved beverages and priced at just less than half the cost of the reserve whiskey tasting. I have that one booked for the Wish sailing next Friday. I’m not generally a fan of Scotch whiskey, usually finding them a little smokey with peat, so I prefer Bourbon and other North American (rye, Canadian) whiskeys. That said, I wouldn’t mind a taste of that Canadian-made Rare Perfection 15, bottled at barrel strength near 120 proof.

Last edited:
Lol y’all - I’m fully aware Bourbon, Scotch, Irish Whiskey, Rye, etc are all *types* of Whisky. I even could tell from the cover photo on the app by the Macallan shown this would be a variety of styles tasting. I was just simply calling this to attention in case anyone was considering it but wasn’t aware it wouldn’t be all bourbon - trying to be helpful.

Lol y’all - I’m fully aware Bourbon, Scotch, Irish Whiskey, Rye, etc are all *types* of Whisky. I even could tell from the cover photo on the app by the Macallan shown this would be a variety of styles tasting. I was just simply calling this to attention in case anyone was considering it but wasn’t aware it wouldn’t be all bourbon - trying to be helpful.
Only reason I commented is they do a Bourbon Tasting that is specific to American Bourbons and it is sold as such, where as the one you did was Whiskey which would include Scotch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter