Disney with a 6 mos. old

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
Are there any rides that an infant can go on? My DH and I are thinking of taking a last minute trip to WDW, but are afraid that our DS 6 mos. won't be able to ride anything. Any help here is appreciated!

The baby will be able to go on some rides like "SMall World" and some of those in Fantasyland. He also be able to sit with you at shows, restaurants, parades and think of the photo op with Mickey!!! Don't forget about the baby swap so you and DH can ride all the "big" rides you want. Don't forget a sling or front pack along with your reclining stroller. WDW has nice "baby stations" in each park for nursing, diapering etc. There are quite a few babies. He'll enjoy just being with mom & dad.

Your child can go on any ride that doesn't have a height restriction. (he will just sit on your lap)
Along with the shows and boat rides here are some of the rides that you will be able to enjoy

All of the Fantasyland rides
Aladdin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents
Tiki Room
Diamond Horseshoe Revue
Jungle Cruise

Spaceship Earth
Honey I shrunk the Audience
Maelstrom
Mexico ride
the films in China, France (has seats), Canada
The Living Seas
The boat ride in the Land and the shows like Food Rocks

And much much more. There are probably less things to list that you can't go on that things that you can.

Have fun. Our first trip my son was 6mths old. Don't forget the sunscreen and have bottles filled with water to keep him hydrated.

We rode all the non-height restriction rides with our 6 month old. Many of the rides were perfect for nursing, too (Spaceship Earth and Universe of Energy especially). All the baby care areas in each park were clean and quiet. Every restroom had changing tables, too.

Yep yep yep to what everyone has said. And I second the sling! Since it isn't going to be too terribly hot when you go he will most likely love snuggling down in the sling while you cruise (hands free) around WDW and can shop with both hands!

There are some great places to nurse around the park and I have nursed 2/3 of my children all over WDW! On the Monorail, on the train, on Spaceship Earth, on park benches, at CP, while waiting for dh to get through a ride we were baby swapping, through It's A Bug's Life, and in many dining establishments as well as at the Baby Stations. Baby Stations are great for getting out of the heat when you nurse, but I usually found the trek over to them not worth it, especially if I was at the opposite end of the park.

Have fun!

:earsgirl:
27 more days to WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter