• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with a baby

KEITHDG

Earning My Ears
Ok doing first week of June, staying off-site. Me, wife 4 kids (boys) 12,11,6, 5 months. We are doing 7 park days. Is there a list of rides we can take the baby on? We plan on using rider swap for many things, this will be our first trip in 6 years so lots of things have changed.

trying to figure out what all we.can do together, and what we might need to split up for.

Go to MDE asms filter by attractions and age. Select pre schooler. Most attractions don't have a height requirement on that list. You can click by attraction to double check

I have 7 kids, spaced 2 years apart. For the last 20 years, we would ususally be travelling with an infant.
In short, most rides can be done with an infant. Our group would typically start together, do rides we can all do as a family. A tradition for us is our first ride is always Peter Pan for example.

Then we would have a nice lunch together, as a group, then split up. The older kids can do whatever they like. The parents, with the infants, at a slower pace. Swapping as needed. Rider swaps seem confusing at first, but once you do a couple, its an easy process. Then meet at the room for a nice dinner, regroup, etc.

When the infant naps, thats our chance for some shopping, etc, see all the "boring things". lol

Pack carefully, spare pacifier, bottles, etc. But every park has baby stuff near first aid, so dont stress. Have a stroller that is easy and quick to fold, to avoid the icy stares you will get on the bus.

One old trick we used to do was when the infant was napping, I'd use that opportunity to wait in a long character line. When I got close to the character, I'd send out a text to the kids to let them know if they want a character meet with no line, meet me at so and so. Sure, a little uncool.... but we don't hog the characters.

as previous people have said, the baby can go on anything without a height restriction. That said, one some rides like Killimanjaro safari it can get a bit bumpy and so you may want to support his head if the ride has a warning for expectant mothers since those tend to be a little bumpier rides. Baby care centres are a great place to nap. Not sure where you live but June in Florida will feel like you are on the surface of the sun so skip the baby carrier and use a jogging stroller that can lay back and get a nice sun shade for it and a stroller fan as it will be sweltering

We took our 2 month old to MK this past January before the world came to a screeching halt. All the info already provided is accurate and helpful. I would also add, plan to split up a lot and know the location of the nursing area at each park you visit. We kept our expectations low, took the baby on four rides (HM, Its a Small World, Buzz, and Pirates; he did great on all of them), and I did some more on my own while my partner relaxed with the little guy in the nursing area. Don't over-plan. Bringing the little one is going to slow you down. Enjoy it!

June can get hot midday, when the little one will need his nap, and staying offsite will limit the options for splitting up the groups or splitting the days (morning - nap - evening). If you are driving and have other means to get back to the hotel from the park, then perhaps starting off the morning as a team, and then having one of the adults take the baby to the hotel while the other with three older kids enjoy the park might be the best options.
If the hotel is reasonably close, then for all parks other than MK, think of splitting the days up into three parts, with older kids heading to the pool while the little one is napping.

Ok doing first week of June, staying off-site. Me, wife 4 kids (boys) 12,11,6, 5 months. We are doing 7 park days. Is there a list of rides we can take the baby on? We plan on using rider swap for many things, this will be our first trip in 6 years so lots of things have changed.

trying to figure out what all we.can do together, and what we might need to split up for.
one thing to remember if I am correct the older guys will not be old enough to take the 6 year old on ride by themselves as you need to be 14 to do that. one ride that baby is allowed on that I would be careful is Toy Story Mania as it is very jerky. but most things that do not height requirement baby can ride. unless you get some pixie dust with the rider swap one of older ones will miss out on the second rides as swap is for other adult and 2 other riders

Besides rider swap, plan time to go back to the room for naps.
When our kid were young, they needed their nap in the room and not just in the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter