• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with an infant. I know it's not uncommon just need some advice/tip from people with experience.

My sons first trip was when he was 9 months old. Of course there were rides he couldn’t ride but also a lot that he could. We were there during thanksgiving so hot weather was not an issue for our trip. He spent a lot of time sleeping in the stroller! We were there for 5 nights. The only thing I didn’t let him do was swim when my daughter who was 3 wanted to go in the pool! But I didn’t mind having an excuse not to get in the pool at 70 degrees

So no issue taking a baby & highly recommend in cooler months. Everything is so baby friendly and there are so many rides they can go on. But I hated doing the parks in the summer heat with a stroller or carrying a baby. I am 100% fine now in Summer months that kiddo can navigate on her own. Pushing a stroller in the heat sucks and holding the baby sucks even more.

My youngest 2 were both about 7 months old their first trip to WDW (8 years apart) very easy age to take. No, they don’t remember it but it “conditions” them to be good travelers. My kids have always been great travelers and I attribute it to starting them early. Also if it’s in the budget, staying somewhere you can at least have a fridge and microwave are helpful. We went in June, traveled by car from Ohio, with a host of siblings+ whatever friends we drug along. We based the trip on what we wanted to do and since there were a lot of us, we used child swap. If it was just the 3 of you, you can still have a great time. Take the time to enjoy being at WDW as a family. You can do character meet and greets, smaller rides, take in some parades, etc. definitely take time out in the afternoon for naps and cool down with some pool time. Rope drop and park close are your friend. Plus you have a stroller to keep all your stuff in ( we were sad when our kids got out of the stroller for this reason). I also used the baby care centers to take a break in some air conditioning and feed the baby in a nice quiet room. I would definitely take the baby!!!

We went in March with three kids, the youngest was 7 months. We've also done trips with a 9-month-old and an 18-month-old. Honestly, the 7-month-old was a breeze. He loved people watching in the stroller. He wasn't old enough to be scared on rides and was really content to just go along with the flow.

I brought a wrap/carrier for long lines which was helpful for saving arms. A cooler stroller pad is nice in the summer.

The biggest hurdle was bottles as this kiddo was primarily formula-fed and liked his bottles warm. I ended up packing a coffee travel mug with heated water each morning and that was sufficient to make warm bottles on demand most of the day!

He was not sleeping through the night when we went but slept GREAT at disney. I wish I could say the amazing sleeping habits continued once home but apparently we were just exhausting him each day lol

I haven’t read the other responses yet but we took my youngest at 4 months(July), 10 months (December) and most recently 14 months (May/June). If I’m being totally transparent, the first two trips were miserable. He only wanted held when he was 4 months and hated the stroller. At 10 months he was cutting 4 teeth during the trip and absolutely miserable. He also wouldn’t sleep in the crib or pack n play. Every baby is going to be different and sometimes the timing is just not good (teething for us). As long as your willing to be flexible then you should be able to make the best of it even if baby has other plans.

We went in March with ours at 3 months. We left the parks for hotel time at the peak heat of the day. It helped reduce stimulation and get a full sized nap in. The baby care centers were great, especially the one at Magic Kingdom for getting a few quiet minutes to reset, feed, and change. Planning to go again for a long weekend at the end of the month (lo will be 6 mo) and will be adding a stroller pad to keep him cool. Also, a baby carrier that breathes is great. We have an all seasons one that unzips on the front down to mesh for warmer weather care. We've been testing it out in Georgia heat.

We went in March with ours at 3 months. We left the parks for hotel time at the peak heat of the day. It helped reduce stimulation and get a full sized nap in. The baby care centers were great, especially the one at Magic Kingdom for getting a few quiet minutes to reset, feed, and change. Planning to go again for a long weekend at the end of the month (lo will be 6 mo) and will be adding a stroller pad to keep him cool. Also, a baby carrier that breathes is great. We have an all seasons one that unzips on the front down to mesh for warmer weather care. We've been testing it out in Georgia heat.

What’s that breathable carrier called? I think we’re def going to need one for Sept bc my arms get so tired holding our little meatball and he is getting very squirmy!

What’s that breathable carrier called? I think we’re def going to need one for Sept bc my arms get so tired holding our little meatball and he is getting very squirmy!
Hi, it's the Lillebaby All Seasons carrier. It has a mesh section in the center (or it can be zipped up with fabric during the cooler months). I definitely recommend one of the lighter colors.

Hey all, my wife and I have some expiring Southwest travel funds from a 2020 cancelled Disney trip that we need to use by September. Since that cancelled trip we have joyfully had our first child in October of 2021. We are finding ourselves having a really hard decision on what to do with these travel funds since we have tried several time to get the expiration date extended and Southwest will not budge. We are huge Disney World fans. Our type of "relaxing" vacation is a trip to Disney World and we basically have a paid for vacation to Disney World with the travel funds and tickets from our cancelled trip.

We do have grandparents telling us to take a trip as just the two of us and they will watch our son for a few days. However, even though he wouldn't remember anything that just feels wrong going to Disney World without him now that he is here. So that leaves us with a tough decision. It's at least tough for us because depending on when we would go our son would only be like 7 to 11 months old and we don't know if bringing him on a trip like that would be good for him. We think he would be fine on a plane for a couple of hours but we are mostly worried about going to an incredibly hot Florida in the summer with such a young kid.

So when it comes down to it I think I'm just looking for some advice/tips and stories from people who have brought a child under 1 to Disney World. I know nobody can and should tell me what we should do but I'd love to hear about experiences people have had. Having more info about anything would help us make our decision.

How did your young one do in the summer Florida heat? What did a typical day look like for you? How many days did you stay and did you think you could have stayed longer or should have stayed less days? How did you handle bottle feedings throughout the day? Any information would help! Thank you!
We took our youngest when she was about 7 1/2 months old during the summer. She actually did well. We were very vigilant about keeping her from overheating. We did buy a carter's stroller that had a slight recline and "cover" so she wasn't in her regular stroller with the heavy fabric. We made sure to wet her legs, arms, and back throughout the day. We also would wet her sun hat a bit to help keep her head cool. Also so many rides are inside that she was consistently being taken out of the heat. We also made sure to take meal & snack breaks inside and not sit outside. We did plenty of pool time too since our other two were 4 1/2 & 2 1/2.

We've traveled with our four kids at various ages. By the time number three and four came along we either learned to travel with them or had to leave them behind which was not an option for me. Traveling to WDW with kids of any age changes the entire trip. We realized after visiting with our oldest for the first time that our Disney touring was going to different. Kids require you to slow down which is actually a good thing. WDW has so many special things to see that many people just pass over on their quest for the next ride. My advice is leave the fancy clothes at home, cotton onesies keep the little one cool and comfy which usually equals a happy baby. Keep hydrated. Seeing Disney through your son's eyes is a truly magical experience. Enjoy the special time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter