Disney with twin boys

lizdoveslade

Earning My Ears
We will arrive for 5 days of mk, Epcot , and animal kingdom on June 4. What recs do moms of young kids have? Early early , leave after lunch to hotel and return for parades or stay at parks til we drop. The boys will be almost 5 and naps are inconsistent . What rides are recommended ? Shows? We are doing several character meals and staying at disney carribean . One kid loves chicken fingers and I have a dairy and Soy allergy... Any recs for quick service? If you stay on site. can you drive versus buses? wonder if that will be easier? So excited... New to this app .

We will arrive for 5 days of mk, Epcot , and animal kingdom on June 4. What recs do moms of young kids have? Early early , leave after lunch to hotel and return for parades or stay at parks til we drop. The boys will be almost 5 and naps are inconsistent . What rides are recommended ? Shows? We are doing several character meals and staying at disney carribean . One kid loves chicken fingers and I have a dairy and Soy allergy... Any recs for quick service? If you stay on site. can you drive versus buses? wonder if that will be easier? So excited... New to this app .

We went in 2008 when my boys were 4. They LOVED barnstormer and the Lion King show. One of the boys did not like the rides where the 'doors closed'. Ha ha! He hated It's a small world and the Playhouse Disney show at DHS (might have been called something else?) One was ok with TSMM, one wasn't. They did not like the fireworks, either, but we knew that going in, so we mostly tried to leave the parks early afternoon and not come back or else leave after lunch, rest, go back for dinner, leave before fireworks started up.

They did fall asleep a few times (stroller, car seat on the way back to the hotel), but were bad nappers when we'd actually go all the way back to the room (SSR). I would definitely go back for a rest, though. It is very hot/humid in June (this spoken by a Texan, too), so resting (laying down in the room or swimming in the quiet pool) should help.

The character meals overwhelmed them, so we should have done only one or two. I can't remember exactly how many we did, but I know that the boys got more and more crazy with them later in the vacation.

Columbia Harbor House in MK has good fried foods - chicken fingers, fish, fries.

We have twin boys too(we actually have 5 kids):) My boys went last when they were almost 4, so a little younger then your boys. They love Dinosaurs so AK was their fav resort:) This trip will be at the time of their bdays so we are having a bithday dinner at the T-Rex Cafe in DTD and we're doing Build-a-Dino. There's the Lego area in DTD the potato head ''fill a box''. Are you doing Pirates League in MK? There's also the Pirates and Pals Firework Voyage. Oh and the Toy Story ride is DHS was a hit too:thumbsup2 You'll have a great time:goodvibes

I wanted to add that they did fall asleep in the stroller at one time but we never went back to the resort. We stayed in the park from open to close and they did fine even though their naps were cut a little short.

Hi, and welcome!

Realize that if you stay until you drop, it could take another hour for you to reach your room (by the time you walk out of the park, reach car/bus, drive, etc.). And when you get there, you will want to clean up from a day of sweat, sunscreen and Mickey bars.

With two preschoolers in the heat, I'd hit a park early, leaving around 2:00 to swim, and returning for dinner and a few rides. If your kids don't like noisy fireworks, that's a good time to leave -- easy to catch a bus or to exit the giant parking lot quickly. An alternate plan is to get to the park early, have a TS lunch in the air conditioning, and be done before supper time. Then have a CS meal and go swimming.

Common advice on the boards:
For happy family touring, take care of the neediest one in the group -- eat/drink, nap, cool off, whenever someone needs it.
Don't go until you drop (or the kids do) day after day. It leads to bleary eyes, dragging tails and meltdowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter