Disney Wonder New Mattresses?

Queenofthecastle

<font color=red>I may be the Queen, but the Tag Fa
We just sailed the EB Panama Canal cruise and noticed for the first time in 12 cruises(on all 4 ships) that my back hurt after sleeping on the mattress! I noticed it was a BeautyRest mattress, and asked our stateroom host about it. She said they were all replaced during dry dock quite recently, and they are indeed not the Sealy mattresses they used prior. When we sailed the Fantasy in June they were the Sealy mattresses and I slept like a baby. So much so that I ordered the Sealy mattress when I got home. Has anyone else noticed the new mattresses on the Wonder? I hope they don't change the mattresses fleet wide to the new BeautyRest....

Oh my gosh, we were on that cruise and hated the mattress, felt much different than our last 2 on the same ship and cabin! Had no idea why....I am going to add this to the survey I just got, they need to change back!

Seems like they need the sleep number type as everyone has a different preference depending on various things like the way they sleep etc. I'll make note of ours in April though.

We sailed the Wonder in August and liked our mattress. We had 5 staterooms among our family and everyone commented on how comfortable the beds were.

On our WBPC 2017 cruise the mattress for us in our Deck 7 stateroom was fine, my issue was the pillows, they really don't offer much neck support I like a firmer pillow and needed to pile up more than 2 just to get any kind of support for my head so that I could feel comfortable enough to sleep. That was my only issue. And at home I have a Select Comfort (Sleep number) mattress, but the ones on the Wonder were okay for me.

I also noticed the pillows offered less support than before, but that didn't bother me as much as the mattress. I also have a Sleep Number at home that hurts my back every morning, no matter the setting, but my husband loves it. I'm looking forward to the delivery of the Sealy mattress sometime next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter