Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

We'll be on the ship! It went sown to the wire at final payment fortunately we're in! Myself Kathy and my husband Pete. We're overdue for a 2 week Disney cruise. We had been scheduled to do the LA to Vancouver repo and then the inaugural Alaska and ended up rescheduling and rescheduling. So I have alot of catching up to do.

I have requested to join the FB group somewhere in these posts that was said to be the main method of communication -- I'm not that adept with that interface.

Was wondering if anyone has booked any smaller DIS group excursions? Are the listed somewhere?

Well. Aloha!
Kathy:yay:

Due to recent unhappiness with the way I have managed the current FE list, I am unvolunteering all aspects of the FE list. I wish to have fun on this cruise and it is currently not that.

A new list manager is needed in order for the FE list to survive and be what the group wishes it to be.

Due to unhappiness with the way I have managed the current FE list, I am unvolunteering all aspects of the FE list. I wish to have fun on this cruise and it is currently not that.

A new list manager is needed in order for the FE list to survive and be what the group wishes it to be.

Michael,
I wasn't unhappy with your FE list. You did a great job. There were only people who cannot manage the whole list and I vollunteerd to make groups for them. Not for everybody. Will you set your list online please. It was the only place were we can see what and who.
The start of this tread has no post with activities, so all newcomers hasn't got a clue who is on and your list was were we could see that.
I feel unhappy on how it is going. I don't want that. So if I upset you, then I appoligize.

We'll be on the ship! It went sown to the wire at final payment fortunately we're in! Myself Kathy and my husband Pete. We're overdue for a 2 week Disney cruise. We had been scheduled to do the LA to Vancouver repo and then the inaugural Alaska and ended up rescheduling and rescheduling. So I have alot of catching up to do.

I have requested to join the FB group somewhere in these posts that was said to be the main method of communication -- I'm not that adept with that interface.

Was wondering if anyone has booked any smaller DIS group excursions? Are the listed somewhere?

Well. Aloha!
Kathy:yay:

Welcome.

I do not believe there are any group excursions planned. This group started out very quiet and is just now gaining some speed. I think the port times may also have some bearing on it. We (my family) have been struggling with Oahu and Maui with shore excursions. Others maybe having the same problem. I have read that quite a few folks are renting a car at ports, so maybe there will be caravans.

Glad you did not have to re-schedule this one. I do think it will be an awesome cruise!

Updated - 6/25/12 - Only 2 Sizes are past the minimum of 10 (Adult L & XL)
So, only the official order total is 26 Shirts out of 41 requests.

To order please send me your info -- Cabin #, DISname, Shirt size (Adult/Child)
I require ALL requests by July 8th (or Order will not arrive before cruise).

Hawaiian Shirt Order - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Shirt_List.htm

Shirt Design - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt.jpg

Price/order will be determined on that number with money needed within a week of price being known. (Will update with payment options then).

Order minimum is 50 shirts. Price per shirt will be based on the final tally.
CAVEAT - All sizes must have a minimum of 10 shirts of the same siz

Shirts can come in any size - Adult or Child -- Adult 2XL & 3XL have a $5 surcharge
Sizes are true to size (maybe a touch larger).

Fabric (100% Rayon) is $15/yd and the pattern repeat is roughly 1.25 yards.
CAVEAT - A minimum of 5 yards is required by the group. Currently, -- 3 yds Requested

Pricing (based on quantity)
---------------------------------------
50 to 99 pieces --- $41.75/ea
100 to 149 --- $29.50/ea
150 to 249 --- $25.00/ea

TBD is the shipping price from Manufacturer.

SailorMickey.jpg

Want to join in the Fish Extender Exchange? If so please EMAIL me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com !!!

Fish Extender list info: This is a list of those that wish to participate in putting gifts (purchased or homemade items) in other's "extenders" (anything hanging off the "fish" outside the stateroom door that is generally used to receive mail/etc. to your room)
and receive same from others. If you have any questions about this- please feel free to email me and I will gladly explain in more detail.

I have taken over orginazing the list from Michael. Thank you for your hard work on the list Michael. Due to some circumstances I do not wish to get into Michael has resigned from organizing the Fish Extender list. I did not want the Fish Extender exchange to die so I will be taking it over.

That being said I will be listing the list below. I am only managing ONE list. I will not split the list into smaller lists and keep track of all of them. It is too overwhelming. I do not wish to exclude anyone, but I have two full time jobs and can not take on another one. If you wish to orginaze a smaller exchange please email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com and I will list you as a contact on this post for a smaller exchange list and cruisers wishing to partisipate can contact you directly. If this happends then you (the organizer of the smaller list) can send me a copy and I will post it here for them. If not please feel free to join this fish extender group.

I will also list it as a DOC on the FACEBOOK GROUP.

Thank you guys for understanding!

SailorMickey.jpg

Want to join in the Fish Extender Exchange? If so please EMAIL me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com !!!

Fish Extender list info: This is a list of those that wish to participate in putting gifts (purchased or homemade items) in other's "extenders" (anything hanging off the "fish" outside the stateroom door that is generally used to receive mail/etc. to your room)
and receive same from others. If you have any questions about this- please feel free to email me and I will gladly explain in more detail.

I have taken over orginazing the list from Michael. Thank you for your hard work on the list Michael. Due to some circumstances I do not wish to get into Michael has resigned from organizing the Fish Extender list. I did not want the Fish Extender exchange to die so I will be taking it over.

That being said I will be listing the list below. I am only managing ONE list. I will not split the list into smaller lists and keep track of all of them. It is too overwhelming. I do not wish to exclude anyone, but I have two full time jobs and can not take on another one. If you wish to orginaze a smaller exchange please email me at Lisa@PixieandPirateDestinations.com and I will list you as a contact on this post for a smaller exchange list and cruisers wishing to partisipate can contact you directly. If this happends then you (the organizer of the smaller list) can send me a copy and I will post it here for them. If not please feel free to join this fish extender group.

Where is the list? (not the FB one).

:cutie:

The list will be posted on the 1st page of this thread once I take it off of the spreadsheet and post it in list form. I will try to get it posted tonight both here and on facebook! :surfweb:

Am I missing something? I haven't seen any Dis group activities discussed much. Are we, as a group, planning on any? On the WBTA we had a lot of "group" things that were organized, like tastings and excursions. A lot of us linked our dining reservations. There was a PJ breakfast on a sea day. Room tours and games. Those types of things make cruising even more fun.....Just curious. We have less than 4 months unitl we sail and I'm willing to help organize some things.

PS I don't really follow the FB that much in regards to this trip, so if things have been posted there, maybe we should also post it here on the DIS.

back to Champaigne Girls.. i have only been to 1 and it was on the Dream. So, we met at Pink's at a certain time/day..is it more complicated for the wonder?? I will organize if I have some guidence

PJ breakfast - again I think that it was on the schedule to meet at a certain day/time/resturant...

back to Champaigne Girls.. i have only been to 1 and it was on the Dream. So, we met at Pink's at a certain time/day..is it more complicated for the wonder?? I will organize if I have some guidence

PJ breakfast - again I think that it was on the schedule to meet at a certain day/time/resturant...

I only had one champagne girls. On the WBTA. i know it was difficult to get space where we could meet. It went to a champagne tasting organized by DCL and with a maximum of 50.
But I heard also that the give you a bar or studio sea and bring your own champagne.
That all I know.
I think there are more experiened here on DIS who can help better then me, but if not. let's give it a try.

There was also questions about a cabin crawl? Can we do that? Here also just a date, time and place to start and some who want to show there cabin.

Are there more suggestions? and who want to organize?

Let's get this party planning started. Who is lurking and who is joining?

As I see it the following need to get organized:

Candy swap
Postcard swap
Champagne ladies
Room tour
Group lunch
Tastings
Palo
Meet and mingle
Secret Mickey (can't remember if there was an interest)

I'm willing to organize a couple of these. Who else?

We also need to decide about the shirts. There is a minimum we have to meet to oder and they get cheaper the more you order.

How about you quiet ones. Any interest?

I realized that in a little over a week we will be in DOUBLE Digits:banana: For some it is even less. I am very excited...as you can tell.;)

Here is the one thing I enjoy. It is my family vacation and I get to meet new folks who (as I am shy at first) become familiar faces on future cruises. I do not mind doing some activities with folks and I am grateful that there is no expectation that we have to.

Having said that, who wants to meet at least one new person for at least 30 minutes out of the 20,160 minutes you will be on this cruise? :thumbsup2

SailorMickey.jpg

7443794632_0f02996c07_b.jpg

7443771554_60dcea444b_z.jpg

Candy swap
Postcard swap
Champagne ladies
Room tour
Group lunch
Tastings
Palo
Meet and mingle

We also need to decide about the shirts. There is a minimum we have to meet to oder and they get cheaper the more you order.

What is a candy swap and postcard swap? I would be interested in a few of these things, including Meet and Mingle, Group Lunch, and Secret Mickey. I've never organized any of these before but would be willing to try (with a little guidance).

Candy swap
Postcard swap
Champagne ladies
Room tour
Group lunch
Tastings
Palo
Meet and mingle

Based on the following post, I believe ppartekim is handling the shirts.

:cutie:

Updated - 6/25/12 - Only 2 Sizes are past the minimum of 10 (Adult L & XL)
So, only the official order total is 26 Shirts out of 41 requests.

To order please send me your info -- Cabin #, DISname, Shirt size (Adult/Child)
I require ALL requests by July 8th (or Order will not arrive before cruise).

Hawaiian Shirt Order - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Shirt_List.htm

Shirt Design - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt.jpg

Price/order will be determined on that number with money needed within a week of price being known. (Will update with payment options then).

Order minimum is 50 shirts. Price per shirt will be based on the final tally.
CAVEAT - All sizes must have a minimum of 10 shirts of the same siz

Shirts can come in any size - Adult or Child -- Adult 2XL & 3XL have a $5 surcharge
Sizes are true to size (maybe a touch larger).

Fabric (100% Rayon) is $15/yd and the pattern repeat is roughly 1.25 yards.
CAVEAT - A minimum of 5 yards is required by the group. Currently, -- 3 yds Requested

Pricing (based on quantity)
---------------------------------------
50 to 99 pieces --- $41.75/ea
100 to 149 --- $29.50/ea
150 to 249 --- $25.00/ea

TBD is the shipping price from Manufacturer.

I had requested and was granted permission to join the FB group however i show up as member but other than members list nothing els is accessible? I'm not too facebook savvy so I may be just being dense. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kathy:confused3

Kathy I will remove you then come back and ask to join again. Lets see if that fixes it.

I had requested and was granted permission to join the FB group however i show up as member but other than members list nothing els is accessible? I'm not too facebook savvy so I may be just being dense. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kathy:confused3

I see you as a member since Sunday. Have you tried reloading the page, or even logging out and back into FB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter