• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder schedule filled in for October 2022-March 2023

No more Hawaii cruises likely either if it's staying in California till late May.

No more Hawaii cruises likely either if it's staying in California till late May.
Not yet clear on that. The last released sail date is March 29th - April 2nd, so plenty of time for the next release to include Hawaii. The first Hawaii cruise this year departs from Vancouver on April 26th.

Not yet clear on that. The last released sail date is March 29th - April 2nd, so plenty of time for the next release to include Hawaii. The first Hawaii cruise this year departs from Vancouver on April 26th.
I can see release dates all the way till May 11 out of San Diego.

I can see release dates all the way till May 11 out of San Diego.
I guess they were not yet posted on the unofficial DCL blog site when I looked. Actually, I see on the DCL site that the sailings after April 2nd were part of the earlier 2023 release, with a gap in the Wonder schedule, so my bad. The gap has now been filled, so I guess spring Hawaii sailings were never in the cards for 2023. There might be a couple of fall sailings possible at the end of the Alaska season. We’re booked on the Vancouver to Honolulu this year, so not watching for that possibility in any case.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised at the lack of an interesting itinerary in this release. I sort of figured when DCL left such a large gap in the schedule, they were working on a new and exciting destination for the Wonder. Maybe they were and things changed, who knows, but just spending those 6 months in CA isn't anything crazy and exciting. I'm sure people will be excited to have a DCL ship on the West Coast, because flying all the way from the West Coast to FL to cruise would be an extra added challenge. But I was really expecting something more than the same ole from DCL.

I guess they were not yet posted on the unofficial DCL blog site when I looked. Scott must still be catching up.

If you go to the DCL website and click on the link to the new itineraries, it only selects February-March. If you open the "Leaving" filter, then it also shows newly released itineraries for April and May.

I mainly just want it to be easier to get on a Disney ship more often - and hopefully a little cheaper. I don't really care that much where it goes though a special itinerary now and then would be lovely too.

My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer, so she and my dad can no longer go on our March trip. Because we are inside the penalty phase, we are using the current flexible booking policy to move their booking to one of the new Very Merrytime sailings. Obviously, the original release dates have already gone up in price, so this allows her to have something to look forward to and still be able to get a sailing at an opening day price.

Interesting. I've got mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand, I'm super happy to have more "easy" cruise options for us since we're in California. And, we love the Wonder, so that's great too. On the other hand, I agree on being surprised that there wasn't more variation in the itineraries, and I'm also a bit sad about the lack of Panama Canal since that's a bucket list item for us. Hopefully those come back at some point in the future (since realistically it was going to be a few years before we'd do that anyway).

At any rate, glad to have clarity now! Time to start plotting early 2023 plans 😈

We have the Apr 17 2022 Wonder booked, and I'm getting a bit excited for it but still "on the fence"... maybe will change to a Very Merrytime instead since we've never been able to pull that off with the flying etc

My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer, so she and my dad can no longer go on our March trip. Because we are inside the penalty phase, we are using the current flexible booking policy to move their booking to one of the new Very Merrytime sailings. Obviously, the original release dates have already gone up in price, so this allows her to have something to look forward to and still be able to get a sailing at an opening day price.
Sorry about your mom.

If I were you I would grab a few additional backup sailing dates now and keep track of the cancellation dates as your plans change. I would grab a shorter sailing 3-5 days just in case being away from the doctor is a problem. Consider taking a trip that is more about quality time spent together on the ship. This way in case she’s easily tired during recovery she can still sleep on the ship as needed.

I would grab another one much further out to celebrate her recovery! It’s this kind of extra planning that can make rescheduled trips less painful. “It’s a good thing we planned _______ as a back up!“ is a better then “we better cancel”
Again I am sorry about the diagnosis, been there myself.

Sorry about your mom.

If I were you I would grab a few additional backup sailing dates now and keep track of the cancellation dates as your plans change. I would grab a shorter sailing 3-5 days just in case being away from the doctor is a problem. Consider taking a trip that is more about quality time spent together on the ship. This way in case she’s easily tired during recovery she can still sleep on the ship as needed.

I would grab another one much further out to celebrate her recovery! It’s this kind of extra planning that can make rescheduled trips less painful. “It’s a good thing we planned _______ as a back up!“ is a better then “we better cancel”
Again I am sorry about the diagnosis, been there myself.
Thanks. We are reserving a 5 night with only 2 ports. Plus the Wonder is smaller, easier to navigate, and the ship we’ve sailed most often. It seems like a good itinerary to spend time together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter