Disney World “50th Anniversary” They tricked me....

mrpolo23

Earning My Ears
Like everyone else I’m excited for this anniversary, I will be coming down from Long Island NY like I always do around every October for Vacation.......

but this year I’m thinking that Disney tricked me !

honestly what’s the big change besides New ratatouille ride ? I’ve seen the updated castle already . It doesn’t seem like Tron is going to opening up, and the new Guardians of the galaxy ride is on hold because they aren’t done making the movie clip they need. So what’s really going to change comes October 1’st ?

1 ride
Most likely fireworks
New merchandise
And projections on Castle ......

I’m sure they’ll have some 50th merchandise, but other than that they don’t seem to be doing much for the 50th.

Like everyone else I’m excited for this anniversary, I will be coming down from Long Island NY like I always do around every October for Vacation.......

but this year I’m thinking that Disney tricked me !

honestly what’s the big change besides New ratatouille ride ? I’ve seen the updated castle already . It doesn’t seem like Tron is going to opening up, and the new Guardians of the galaxy ride is on hold because they aren’t done making the movie clip they need. So what’s really going to change comes October 1’st ?

1 ride
Most likely fireworks
New merchandise
And projections on Castle ......
You do realize that there was a pandemic that threw all of Disney's plans out the window? Please get a grip on reality and what matters.🙄

Disney original plan was to have a lot more rides opening for the 50th anniversary. Annnnd yess I do know we are in a pandemic. I’m a Medical Doctor who works in the emergency room in NYC.
My point was that Disney is spending more money in movies and Disney +

I feel like Disney will be using the 18 month long celebration as a way to open new rides in the first part of 2022.

Just disappointed that we aren’t getting the rides and new stuff that was promised in 2019......

Disney can certainly move fast and get things done if they wanted too, but they know we will pay top dollar .

I don't understand your point. WDW turns 50 this October, and they are celebrating that fact. If there are new rides, that's just a bonus.

I don’t know how often you go to Disney , but I’m there 4 to 5 times a year and for me it almost isn’t worth it ..... just to get a cupcake or a special pin

I don’t know how often you go to Disney , but I’m there 4 to 5 times a year and for me it almost isn’t worth it ..... just to get a cupcake or a special pin
you have the option to go anywhere else, it's a big country and if you do go to Disney 4 to 5 times per year then you should be more up to date on what is and is not going to be opening in 2021.

You do realize that there was a pandemic that threw all of Disney's plans out the window? Please get a grip on reality and what matters.🙄

I don't think the issue is only the pandemic, which is what I think the point may have been. For example... Universal added Velocicoaster which was put up in about half the time since things like Tron had been announced. Sea World has been doing shows and fireworks for a while now. Even Universal had been doing some shows here and there. There just seems to be things being done at other parks and such, that Disney could do, but seem to be holding off, because of the 50th. not the pandemic. Another example would be Ratatouille, I believe if I'm not mistaken it was suppose to open wayyyy sooner. They are now stalling it, as part of the 50th, rather than just opening it when they planned to. I think people feel like they are making the 50th what a normal day use to be like at Disney pre-pandemic, yet calling it a great 50th spectacular. I'm not agreeing either way, I would like to think about it more, but it is something to consider. I get it's a pandemic and be happy with what you get, but thats easy for someone like me to say whos a passholder, as oppose to someone who skipped their last 2-3 trips to be able to be down here for the 50th. So to be told.. ohh hey we know we talked about all these cool things that were gonna be done, but just be happy having what would be a normal day pre-pandemic is hard for people paying big bucks to deal with. Again, not 100 percent sure where I fall on this, but I do get the complaint.

That Pandemic thing happened. Not a trick. Just a matter of what could
happen in a drastically reduced time period.

I don't think the issue is only the pandemic, which is what I think the point may have been. For example... Universal added Velocicoaster which was put up in about half the time since things like Tron had been announced. Sea World has been doing shows and fireworks for a while now. Even Universal had been doing some shows here and there. There just seems to be things being done at other parks and such, that Disney could do, but seem to be holding off, because of the 50th. not the pandemic. Another example would be Ratatouille, I believe if I'm not mistaken it was suppose to open wayyyy sooner. They are now stalling it, as part of the 50th, rather than just opening it when they planned to. I think people feel like they are making the 50th what a normal day use to be like at Disney pre-pandemic, yet calling it a great 50th spectacular. I'm not agreeing either way, I would like to think about it more, but it is something to consider. I get it's a pandemic and be happy with what you get, but thats easy for someone like me to say whos a passholder, as oppose to someone who skipped their last 2-3 trips to be able to be down here for the 50th. So to be told.. ohh hey we know we talked about all these cool things that were gonna be done, but just be happy having what would be a normal day pre-pandemic is hard for people paying big bucks to deal with. Again, not 100 percent sure where I fall on this, but I do get the complaint.

man a lot of hate in a Disney chat.....

Like he said other parks were able to get things done during the global pandemic. Disney didn’t

I’m a Doctor and my wife to be is a Nurse. So I fully understand what this pandemic did to people and their family.
As for the job lost comment . I’m all for bringing back jobs to Disney !
But Disney is also slower on doing that. universal studios already gave bonuses and raises to the employees .

I thought I had an open platform to discuss what Disney was going to be doing for the 50th anniversary without politics or anything closely related .

man a lot of hate in a Disney chat.....

Like he said other parks were able to get things done during the global pandemic. Disney didn’t

I’m a Doctor and my wife to be is a Nurse. So I fully understand what this pandemic did to people and their family.
As for the job lost comment . I’m all for bringing back jobs to Disney !
But Disney is also slower on doing that. universal studios already gave bonuses and raises to the employees .

I thought I had an open platform to discuss what Disney was going to be doing for the 50th anniversary without politics or anything closely related .

Thank-you and your family during this time!! Also, I agree, I thought it was a very fair question. Obviously we all know there is/was a pandemic. I don't see why questioning what one park is doing as opposed to another is an issue. It's literally fair to say that currently Universal is doing more than Disney and they aren't even having an anniversary this year. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter