Disney World after dark: 9 rides you should try at night

rifatreet27

Earning My Ears
There are more than more than 50 attractions at Walt Disney World. That’s more than most visitors can ride in a single day, but it can’t hurt to try, right? No matter what your approach, there are certain attractions you should definitely put off riding until nighttime. Travel writer Tarah Chieffi highlights nine rides that are better after dark.
DISNEY WORLD

There are more than more than 50 attractions at Walt Disney World. That’s more than most visitors can ride in a single day, but it can’t hurt to try, right? No matter what your approach, there are certain attractions you should definitely put off riding until nighttime. Travel writer Tarah Chieffi highlights nine rides that are better after dark.
DISNEY WORLD

You might have better luck in another forum. This isn't a DVC purchase related, or DVC related at all. The theme park attraction forum would be much better.

I'm also not sure if you tried to link something that wasn't permitted on the forums or what. But...

As for the rides, I don't know that I'd put any off until night time. But there are some that give a different experience at night. I enjoy splash mountain at night. Slinky dog is another fun night time one. Really anything that takes you up high to get a view is a bit unique with the lights and such.

Then the setting itself is sometimes transformed. Toy Story area of Hollywood Studios feels very small town carnival like at night. While Galaxy Edge depending on where you are gives you this back ally feel. It's all kind of neat and I certainly love WDW at night.

Splash Mt, Thunder Mt and Mt Everest are definitely a must try at night as far as I'm concerned.

I've read that the Jungle Cruise is great at night, but I tried it and actually think it is better in the day. I would guess the vibe of going into the Haunted Mansion at night would be fun.

I've read that the Jungle Cruise is great at night, but I tried it and actually think it is better in the day. I would guess the vibe of going into the Haunted Mansion at night would be fun.
I’m interested to try Jungle Cruise AFTER the movie is released. Will anything change because of the movie specifics? I love the campiness of the boat captains. I hope it stays the same or gets even more campy.

My favorite was once my daughter and I were at MNSSHP riding SDMT. As we were riding, the fireworks started going off. One of my all time favorite memories at WDW or elsewhere.

The only time I rode Slinky dog was when my wife and I did a quick trip after a cruise. We also rode that one at night. Loved the atmosphere of that one at night as well.

I came across the article the OP was referencing, can't post the link but it is on yahoo news if you want to look it up.

A few years ago we were at Mickey's Very Merry party and had decided we were just going to ride as much as we could with short waits instead of staking out a place for fireworks. We had just gotten off of the people mover and were heading to Buzz Lightyear when I realized Fireworks were just about to start. We quickly jumped in line for the Astro Orbiter (which we had never bothered to ride previously) and started hearing the booms on the way up the elevator. We had a great view up on the platform as we waited through the current ride cycle, then got on and the fireworks continued throughout our ride which were awesome from that viewpoint. It would be really hard to time it that way again but turned what would have honestly been a ho-mum ride into one of the highlights of our trip.

Enjoy Slinky Dog, BTMRR, Everest. have wanted to do 7DMT at night and jungle cruise, but haven't made it yet.

My favorite was once my daughter and I were at MNSSHP riding SDMT. As we were riding, the fireworks started going off. One of my all time favorite memories at WDW or elsewhere.

We had the same experience riding SDMT. Now it is a must do for us during fireworks.

I've done it several times at night. I think it has a different vibe, and I enjoy it a lot. Of course, the first time I rode it at night, I had the most hysterical skipper ever (he reminded me of Chris Farley and may have used some of Farley's jokes). I think we were on a ride with mostly his friends or other CMs. And we just reaped the benefit of that.

Big Thunder at Night is best, also Splash mountain is great too (yes not outside much but it's a different vibe).

Astro Orbiter is decent at night too, but can confirm with WhoDat that people mover is excellent at night and best Tomorrowland ride at night.

I will say the ambience of Haunted Mansion at night (especially during MNSSHP) is really cool.

I totally agree! DD was taking a selfie while we were in line during a party and one of the CMs popped up behind her to get in the shot. Scared the daylights out of her but he never broke character

Jungle Cruise is one of my favorites at night, it's so eerie! And I like that my eyes don't have to adjust to the darkness of the temple ruins and I can see what's in there lol. The People Mover is nice too for that reason, I can see better inside.

We've ridden BTM during the fireworks and I agree, that's so amazing.

Even though it’s not a ride, the Swiss Family Tree House is really nice at night.

And, regarding PP’s suggestion, I thought the steamboat stopped running at sundown? If not I’d try that next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter