Disney World Christmas Decorations 2020?

Nicolei12

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know when officially start decoration for Christmas in November or a rough idea? We will be going November 1-7 and Im hoping we can catch a glimpse at a few Christmas Decorations

MK should be decorated by the tail end of your trip, as @Gehrig1B said, MVMCP starts around there. The other parks/resorts may have some things up, but it will be scattered and there isn't really a set pattern from year to year.

MVMCP at MK started Nov 8th. The first castle lighting was Nov 3rd, most decorations go up on MS between Nov 3rd and first MVMCP, the tree last year went up Nov 6th
DHS and AK started on Nov 8th
The resorts start getting decorated mid Nov

Two years ago we went on Halloween. The Halloween decorations were up November 1 but when we went to Magic Kingdom on November 2 the Christmas decorations were up. Not all of them, the tree went up a day or so later. We will be there November 1 - 7 in 2020 also and plan on seeing Halloween decorations the first day then Christmas decorations.

We just booked for Oct 31st to Nov 4th. Should we push it back a day or two? We want to see the Halloween decor and the start of the transition.

Does anyone know when officially start decoration for Christmas in November or a rough idea? We will be going November 1-7 and Im hoping we can catch a glimpse at a few Christmas Decorations
When we went a couple of years ago, we arrived Oct 28 with first park days on 29th and 30th (Halloween decorations up) went back on Nov 2 and the Christmas decorations were up. Super fast switch over, we were amazed how fast this happened.

We just booked for Oct 31st to Nov 4th. Should we push it back a day or two? We want to see the Halloween decor and the start of the transition.

Push back for what reason? Final MNSSHP is scheduled for November 1st. MK will transition to Christmas overnight. There will be plenty noticeable on the 2nd although it is not completed in one night. The rest of the parks and resorts will transition later and in phases. Epcot is usually much later, after Food and Wine is done, November 23rd last year.

We were at Disney from October 28 to November 6th. The parks had decorations up starting November 1st, especially Magic Kingdom. but the YC/BC did not have anything up at that point.

If you push it back, you'll miss Halloween altogether. You'll need to go to MK on the 31st or 1st and then again before you leave on the 4th in order to see both. HS may have some before the 4th, but more likely after you leave. MK will be where you see the transition for sure.

If you push it back, you'll miss Halloween altogether. You'll need to go to MK on the 31st or 1st and then again before you leave on the 4th in order to see both. HS may have some before the 4th, but more likely after you leave. MK will be where you see the transition for sure.

Thanks to all. We're going to keep our original plan. We're excited to see the change, plus this is our first food and wine. So, we got a lot to take in.

I know it's a crazy time and might be early, but still no word on official MVMCP 2020 dates at this time? I thought we might've seen dates by this time previous years, but I have not heard a thing yet.

I’m going the first week of December. Should be Christmas everywhere! We’ve been for Halloween a few times, but never for Christmas. Which resorts have must see Christmas displays? We are staying at AK but want to take a look at others resorts decorations too.

I’m going the first week of December. Should be Christmas everywhere! We’ve been for Halloween a few times, but never for Christmas. Which resorts have must see Christmas displays? We are staying at AK but want to take a look at others resorts decorations too.
The monorail resorts, GF especially, CSR was beautiful as well the tree in the main building is gorgeous

AKL is very impressive.

WL is similar to AKL.

GF is amazing. Usually BWI and BCR are worthwhile.

I agree that CSR is typically the best mod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter