Disney World Genie+ No longer sold pre-arrival, subject to availability

Having to stack is happening cause too many people are buying it each day. One number I have been hearing is they need to cap it at 20% of guests per day.
Don't disagree with that either. The barrier for entry was too low. We'll see what Disney ends up doing in the future. There was a rumor that they were going to remove stacking but I guess for now that ended up being false.

Don't disagree with that either. The barrier for entry was too low. We'll see what Disney ends up doing in the future. There was a rumor that they were going to remove stacking but I guess for now that ended up being false.

If they remove stacking. They might as well make each ride a paid LL or would have to massively reduce the G+ capacity.

As you would be pissed off if you buy G+ and your first LL is late afternoon and cant get another till thats done.

I am the only adult on our next trip and I can't be up past midnight and awake before 7am every single day, I will be exhausted. It's all so frustrating, as I need to also purchase lightning lanes at 7am, so do I go for ILL first then Genie+ reservations or vice versa? Of course, that's if there are any Genie+ left to purchase when I wake up. This is not going to be fun.

I am the only adult on our next trip and I can't be up past midnight and awake before 7am every single day, I will be exhausted. It's all so frustrating, as I need to also purchase lightning lanes at 7am, so do I go for ILL first then Genie+ reservations or vice versa? Of course, that's if there are any Genie+ left to purchase when I wake up. This is not going to be fun.
You really shouldn’t have to be up at midnight to get genie+. It’s getting even more ridiculous now. They will put up the price to a point where far less people will buy it probably. Disney really is sucking the fun of its own parks.

You really shouldn’t have to be up at midnight to get genie+. It’s getting even more ridiculous now. They will put up the price to a point where far less people will buy it probably. Disney really is sucking the fun of its own parks.
Which IMO would be a good thing. It's the biggest reason why Genie+ doesn't work. Less people using the better it will work

If they remove stacking. They might as well make each ride a paid LL or would have to massively reduce the G+ capacity.

As you would be pissed off if you buy G+ and your first LL is late afternoon and cant get another till thats done.
I’ve wondered if, when viewed another way, this is the problem with stacking. I haven’t used but issue I see with stacking is it creates rush for everyone to book high demand attractions right away so they don’t miss getting it. I hear stories of people stacking high demand rides often going into afternoon/evening times fairly early in day. With this method, I’ve always assumed there has to be ton of low demand attractions that don’t get booked in morning since people use their time slots to reserve high demand rides later in day.

If you can’t stack, I assume more people will do assessment they don’t want to use half of their time for one ride and began to better distribute bookings in morning. This would make the system work less like a race to book first and be more a calculated assessment of which rides to prioritize.

I’ve wondered if, when viewed another way, this is the problem with stacking. I haven’t used but issue I see with stacking is it creates rush for everyone to book high demand attractions right away so they don’t miss getting it. I hear stories of people stacking high demand rides often going into afternoon/evening times fairly early in day. With this method, I’ve always assumed there has to be ton of low demand attractions that don’t get booked in morning since people use their time slots to reserve high demand rides later in day.
It's just like the old paper fastpass days, just without the actual running.

Personally I think stacking should be limited to 2 LL. As I posted Genie+ was never meant to be used like FP+ in planning out your day.

Yeah If the removal of stacking rumor ended up being true, then I can imagine there would've been a TON of angry people that were only able to grab a Slinky for 6 pm and nothing else. Like I said before I wouldn't have been able to get as much done in HS without stacking. It's a vital method in that park right now.

Half of me wishes we just got the Ultimate Premier Pass that Disneyland Paris has. Yes it's insanely priced but people will buy it. There are already posts on the Paris forum about people wanting to buy it. I don't plan on going back to WDW for a while so I'm just waiting to see how Disney addresses Genie+ at this point.

Ok I’m am here at Disney now. I bought my Genie+ in advance. I will say that the trip is far less relaxing than in the past. But we have finally got our system down. Wake up briefly at 7, make first reservation. Go back to sleep, wake up for pool time continue making ride reservations until we go to the park. What I miss is controlling the time of the ride. and the fact that when you first select a lightening lane it says one time and might go out a few hours within seconds. All in all this will change my future vacations. Probably fewer park days. All in all we’ve done plenty and enjoyed ourselves, but I certainly long for the old days. Oh and some folks are saying genie+ is far more like the old paper fast pass and I actually agree.

Yeah. Hopefully, you can only get up at 6a every morning. Disney's new slogan: no sleep for you.

Any rumors or speculation on what will happen on August 7 when the ILLs that were switched to G+ for summer are scheduled to go back to ILL? I saw one article that said they thought Frozen would be ILL and Remy would switch to G+. I am (vainly) hoping they just leave the ride options as they are instead of trying to suck up every last penny with more ILLs.

I just don't understand why Genie plus struggled or was shocking to fans or employees. The data points were there through fastpass plus that there just aren't enough attractions to run a system like this.

Any rumors or speculation on what will happen on August 7 when the ILLs that were switched to G+ for summer are scheduled to go back to ILL? I saw one article that said they thought Frozen would be ILL and Remy would switch to G+. I am (vainly) hoping they just leave the ride options as they are instead of trying to suck up every last penny with more ILLs.

There should be no reason to change them back. If the park is already at 'capacity' with park reservations, what's the difference between having the setup now to then in terms of amount of park goers?

I just don't understand why Genie plus struggled or was shocking to fans or employees. The data points were there through fastpass plus that there just aren't enough attractions to run a system like this.
It was never meant to have this many people buying each day. Disney figured charging $15 that many wouldn't buy it. The first step in fixing things is getting rid of advanced sales. The next will be to cap daily sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter