Disney World Honeymoon Registry - Anyone Used it?

I registered March 5th and have yet to receive anything (aside from one confirmation email), I guess I better call to find out .

I am still wondering where our gift card is. I believe it has been about a month since we registered. I guess I should probably call as well and I did the confirmation that it should have arrived in 14 days. :confused3

Just wanted to add to the frustration - finally made our hotel reservations and the site is down and won't let us create a registry :headache:

I created my registry a couple of weeks ago and when my gift card didn't show up within 14 days, i emailed them. They got back to me pretty quickly and asked if i wanted to get a gift card activated and sent to me or if i just wanted to wait for the gift card to show up. I chose to have them activate one and send that one to me but my account was ready within a few hours of me responding to their email.

For everyone that is having trouble loading the website, try reloading it. I have had problems getting on several times but discovered that if you reload the page and log on again it works. HTH

Has anyone gotten it to work. My 14 days is almost up so I figure I will have the Gift Card in the next day or so, and wanted to know if anyone fixed the glitches?

I just called today because it hasn't let me set up my account - it keeps telling me my "userID or SWID" is missing. When I called yesterday told me that someone would call me back....they didn't so I called back today....the lady aplogizedand told me the site is down and it's in the hands of their tech team...she promised they would call me when it's back up.

I am scared to use it now that I've read all of this....although I am in the same position as other posters...I don't need anything else - the Disney funds would come in handy...

Just wanted to add my two cents as someone who used the gift registry for our disneymoon last summer.

I actually really loved it. Luckily my family and friends were very willing to make purchases on the registry and I ended up with a good amount on the gift card, which you can use for pretty much anything in WDW. Also, someone mentioned before that you get an e-mail when someone buys you something but but it doesn't say who. All you have to do is sign into your account and view your guestbook. It will say there who bought what.

The only issue, was that the website occasionally had technical problems, which it sounds like is much more frequent now. That is annoying.

But I much preferred the money for the honeymoon over typical shower gifts. The best was I put so many things on the list that I didn't even want but I thought would be something people would be willing to buy! DH thought it was sneaky and dishonest but he wasn't complaining when we were swiping that gift card in the parks! :thumbsup2

Some of you have mentioned that you've had difficulty seeing who your gifts are from. We used the Honeymoon registry for our honeymoon in October, and the emails we received from Disney didn't list the person's name; we had to log in to the site and look up the gift to see who it was from. The emails would say "You've received a gift!" and it would list the amount, but not what the gift was for or who it was from. Is the site still not telling you even after you log in?

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that I called about the honeymoon registry not working. They said that it will be down until Monday!
I just booked my Disney Honeymoon Trip for the dates of 11/4/2010-12/4/2010, staying at the Pop Century ("yes I'm on a budget") Resort . Let me know if anyone else gets trough the sign up process Thanks!.:sad2:

We used it as our only registry and didn't have any issues with it. Even the technologically challenged members of our family managed it well. We ended up with a few hundred dollars on it, which payed for almost all of our meals for a week!

Ooops Sorry my Disney Honeymoon dates are 11/28/10-12/04/10, wish i could stay a whole month!!
Well ill keep trying to sign up maybe ill get thru.

Well, I had to call and get a new gift card as after day 14, the original one did not show. I called them on Monday and they got out a replacement card ASAP, which arrived Saturday. We were able to activate the registry without issue. We logged out, attempted to search for ourselves, it worked fine. Then we made a small purchase for ourselves of the $10 Fantasy Dollars, so we can see how the system works for others who will use it and it seemed very straight forward.

As a buyer, we got a confirmation notice of the purchase, we marked the purchase "Private" and when we look again, no one else can see the purchase or comment, but as the honeymoon couple, we can see who purchased it, and any messages posted with it.

I just called today because it hasn't let me set up my account - it keeps telling me my "userID or SWID" is missing. When I called yesterday told me that someone would call me back....they didn't so I called back today....the lady aplogizedand told me the site is down and it's in the hands of their tech team...she promised they would call me when it's back up.

I figured out how to get around this error finally...it wasn't accepting my existing user ID - but when I created a new email address and used that it worked fine! I really wish the registry didn't have to be deactivated prior to the trip though, I would love to keep it active for our "at home reception" too!

Yes, you are thinking correct you can go to disney world for your honeymoon that's a great idea. :banana:I have heard from my close friend about “Lincoln downs”, that’s a nice place for honeymoon. :cloud9:I think you should go there.:surfweb:

So after days of trying to register in to the Disney Honeymoon registry, i finally got in TODAY!! YEAH!! Oddest thing thou could not register with my old screen name and password that i use for all the Disney websites, had to use different email screen name and password and got in just fine (Thanks daisygirl902 for info. Now just waiting for the one big gift card from Disney, that all the money (I mean gifts) will be transferred to use at the parks.

P.S. Think your registry will not show until you receive the gift card from Disney and then activate online thru the registry!

Sorry i forgot to mention that i just got my Disney Honeymoon Gift Card on Saturday April 24, 2010. A whole to weeks after I called. Ill try to post a pic. Gift card is made just for the honeymoon registry. Cinderella Carriage with "just married" sign on the back!

i just asked for a new card too. i think that most of us who tried to create the account when it was having problems never received the giftcard.

I actually have 3 different confirmation numbers. One for the cruise, one each for the two different hotels well be staying at. One the website it says different things about it you have a cruise and resort stay. When I put in my POR reservation number, the accomadations option actually shows up. When I put in my AKL reservation number, it still says that there are no accomodation options. :confused: I just wanted to put the AKL on the list instead of POR but no big deal i guess.

hopefully ill be receiving my card soon. i cant wait to test it out.

Hello Everyone
I would like some feedback, for those who registered with Disney Honeymoon Registry and already used your Honeymoon gift card , could you take my little survey. I thought this might help others who are not sure if it is worth registering for the Disney Honeymoon gift card.

1) How would you rate the ease of use of the Honeymoon gift card?

2) Did you get most or all your items you asked for on the Registry?

3) How did you use your Honeymoon gift card, ex. shopping, food , tickets etc?

4) Was it worth it getting the Honeymoon gift card or would you have preferred just regular money gift cards?

Thanks all some much for your time and insight!!

DF and I just registered recently. The card came via FedEx like 4 days later! I could not believe how quickly we got it. This far, it has been a really easy and positive experience!

hey we used the honeymoon registry and had no problems with it. The site is a little temperamental but our guests have had no problems. we used it to pay for tours and now we are taking it with us on our honeymoon to pay for the extras we didn't have to before hand. besides some original site issues. we had no problems.

We got most of the things on our registry. we had it for the shower and then we saw what people bought then adjusted it when we finished paying off the honeymoon. Like we took off the room because it was obviously paid for. We also registered for all the restaurants we were planning on eating at instead of for the dining plan. the restaurants went the fastest.

I can update this on how it goes when I get back in 3 weeks. but so far its be just like a normal gift card. It was worth it for us because we didn't need a bunch of kitchen and house stuff and we wouldn't have been able to afford a proper honeymoon without it.

Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter